Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #1
Jpeezyiseternal
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24248
Default Ben's Comments

Not two minutes ago on NBC Ben denies any problems between him and todd hayley.....????

truth or false

tonite fellas
Jpeezyiseternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
Default Re: Ben's Comments

He keeps calling run plays there might be a problem, lol
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #3
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,056 Times in 557 Posts

I do not know about you guys but Haley has already succeeded in keeping Big Ben upright against bookends. It's not like Dwyer and Redman are going backwards. They are getting 2, 4, 8, 4, 6 yards. The line isnt being pushed back. I like it and they need to stick to it.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:05 AM   #4
beer72
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3508

I say he has big issues with Haley. That run, run , pass sh*t we did the whole first quarter got old fast...and you could see it on Bens face
beer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:02 AM   #5
Steel95
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20292

The game wasn't lost due to the play-calling; the game was lost because the Steelers O/L as a whole isn't that good, period! Doug Legursky? Are you kidding me? Why is he still there? Ramon Foster? Ok, he did better than Legursky, but these two guys are worthless. Mike Adams? Ok, he gets a pass because he's a Rookie for now, but man, this guy looked like he was planted in cement, too slow. The play-calling was great, the O/L didn't open up enough holes for the running game, settling for FG's against Peyton Manning? You will lose each time. That Pick 6? How many times have we seen this idiot take chances with the football? Yes, Ben Roethlisburger. He takes too many chances, he could have easily thrown 3 to 4 interceptions last night, he's lucky he only had 1. This guy plays like he has two personalities; he can play great for a few series, then he simply makes a bone head decision and throws a pick.

The Defense: Ziggy Hood? I didn't see anything from this guy, he doesn't seem like he belongs at all. I don't know, is it me? But I haven't seen anythin from him, he was no were to be found. And this is the guy that is in line to replace Aaron Smith? Casey Hampton? The Steelers should have dumped him two years ago, I tried to tell everybody, this guy is done! Lawrence Timmons? Did you see the wide angle he took against Peyton last night? Timmons is over-rated! The money they invested in this guy was a mistake. Ryan Mundy? Are you kidding me? This guy was horrible last night; although the secondary as a whole was bad. Keenan Lewis? He seems to think he will make the Pro-Bowl this year? Hmm, he will make it if he's the only person voting. Its only 1 game, but I don't see it. Even Cortez Allen and Troy looked pretty bad on a few plays. Chris Carter wasn't bad, but he sure as H#ll wasn't good either.

Mike Tomlin? I'm so sick and tired of this guys relax demeanor on the football field. Hey Mike! Can you get a little fired up over there? The players under his watch hasn't done so well; lets not forget, much of his success has come from players under Cowher's watch. Some of the players drafted under his watch:

(LB) Lawrence Timmons, (DE) Ziggy Hood, (S) Ryan Mundy, (LB) Thaddeus Gibson, (CB) Crezdon Butler,
(CB) Joe Burnett, (LB) Bruce Davis, (DE) Ryan McBean.

Gibson, Butler, Burnett, Davis, McBean? They all washed out. Hood, Timmons? Former 1st Round Draft Picks that hasn't lived up to the expectations.

Yes, its only one game, but I'm starting to see a huge decline on that Defensive Line, I noticed it last year. This team isn't good against the run. They don't play physical at all. Take a look at Tomlin's Demeanor on the sideline; a team normally adopts the personality of their Head Coach.
Steel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:06 AM   #6
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

Our issues are with personnel. The play calling was fine. When you give up 24 points - there is a good chance you will lose. Our O-line is horrible... if we could run the ball our offense would be deadly.

Our defense made me very nervous about the upcoming season.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #7
WVABE
Team Captain

3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Member Number: 24111

Its just the first game of the season, we got blown away last year too but ended up 12-4.
On a couple plays, if Ben would of had a little (arch) on his passes the outcome could of been a whole differnt story.
I thought it was easy to read the concern in Ben's eyes with some of the play calls, if the D line plays like they did next week, I see an 0-2 start.
WVABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #8
zsheik22
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9466

Play calling didnt seem bad to me at all. Isnt this what people wanted? He used his tight ends and a FB. The OC didnt throw an INT with the game on the line. Horrible read.

+ 3 sacks in a row? C'MON MAN! 300lb road cones.
zsheik22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #9
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

They play-calling was too conservative and predictable. If they go no-huddle early and play to their strengths, maybe Ben isn't in a position where he has to bail the rest of the team out late in a game. Don't wait until the last 3 minutes to use your best weapon. Use him early and often.

Time to get our heads out of the 70's.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #10
zsheik22
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9466

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
They play-calling was too conservative and predictable. If they go no-huddle early and play to their strengths, maybe Ben isn't in a position where he has to bail the rest of the team out late in a game. Don't wait until the last 3 minutes to use your best weapon. Use him early and often.

Time to get our heads out of the 70's.

Everyone was complaining they wanted to get back to "Steeler football".
zsheik22 is offline   Reply With Quote