Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
steelfan23

Member Number:
Default Ben's last season in the Burgh!

Yes I know I am going to get blasted but here goes. Ben throughout his career has shown the ability to extend plays and perform well, including an amazing performance in the SB v. Cardinals. However, he is mostly to blame for needing to extend plays imho. He simply is not very good at pre snap recognition and does not go through his progressions properly. Under Arians he was given free reign which of course he preferred. Now with Haley, he needs to go through his reads and take what the D gives him but he cannot and will fail. Before this season is over there will be a huge blowup between the two of them. I watch these games live, EVERY game, and then I also rewatch in slow mo via DVR. More often than not, Ben has someone open but doesn't pull the trigger. This leads to forced passes, QB pressures, and sacks. On pretty much every play he has a safer option to take and fails to do so. This is what separates him from the elite like Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers. He just can't process the info fast enough.

Sure he makes up for some of that with athleticism but it is really going to come home to roost this year under Haley. Looking around the league with all these young QB it is time we realize we need to draft a young signal caller and fast because Ben will not lead us to another SB. I know it's blasphemous to many but it's time to take off the rose colored glasses and see that he is not the guy you think he is.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #2
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910
Default Re: Ben's last season in the Burgh!

Week 2 can't get here fast enough.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #3
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,027 Times in 1,946 Posts
My Mood: Fine

good lord - THIS is what you came up with after the game?

Oh yea, "2 posts" nuff said.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
Old 09-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
Twentyvalve
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18796

Safe options do not take teams to Super Bowls. The man has been been to three, and won two. The third was within his grasp. And even if he does not bring another ring to Pittsburgh, he will go down as one of the best QB's of this era. A rushed QB with a crappy line leads to forced passes and scrambling. Give him a line, and I will show you a three time SB winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfan23 View Post
Yes I know I am going to get blasted but here goes. Ben throughout his career has shown the ability to extend plays and perform well, including an amazing performance in the SB v. Cardinals. However, he is mostly to blame for needing to extend plays imho. He simply is not very good at pre snap recognition and does not go through his progressions properly. Under Arians he was given free reign which of course he preferred. Now with Haley, he needs to go through his reads and take what the D gives him but he cannot and will fail. Before this season is over there will be a huge blowup between the two of them. I watch these games live, EVERY game, and then I also rewatch in slow mo via DVR. More often than not, Ben has someone open but doesn't pull the trigger. This leads to forced passes, QB pressures, and sacks. On pretty much every play he has a safer option to take and fails to do so. This is what separates him from the elite like Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers. He just can't process the info fast enough.

Sure he makes up for some of that with athleticism but it is really going to come home to roost this year under Haley. Looking around the league with all these young QB it is time we realize we need to draft a young signal caller and fast because Ben will not lead us to another SB. I know it's blasphemous to many but it's time to take off the rose colored glasses and see that he is not the guy you think he is.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #5
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Don't know what game the op was watching. They showed Ben's stats on 3rd down and he was 11 of 14 at one point. Ben consistently moved the chains from 3rd and longs. I was very impressed with the offense. Unfortunate pick 6 was the difference in the game. Happens to the best- even Peyton Manning.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #6
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

What's your point? Even if your points were true, how would that make it his last season in Pittsburgh? You think they are going to try to trade him or something because fans don't think he's as good as Manning or Brady?
Old 09-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #7
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

this board sucks
Old 09-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #8
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,669 Times in 1,584 Posts

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 09-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #9
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,027 Times in 1,946 Posts
My Mood: Fine

and Ben will braked his is nosed . . .

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
Old 09-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #10
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

FIRE TOMLIN FIRE HALEY FIRE BEN!

FIRE ARIANS! Oh wait....

FIRE LEBAEU! FIRE TROY!

FIRE THE NEW ROOKIE PUNTER TOO!

I love the panic button around here.