Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #21
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter
 
Bayz101's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 7,758
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18856
Thanks: 1,336
Thanked 3,646 Times in 1,637 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Remember when Haley was hired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
How about just calming the **** down after one game? I swear, I can't even read message boards the day after a loss.
Dodens, what the **** are you doing? Don't your know your supposed to duck? The sky is falling, man!
__________________


"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #22
GoFor7
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,353
Member Number: 24211
Thanks: 32
Thanked 94 Times in 75 Posts
Default Re: Remember when Haley was hired?

Anybody watching what the Ravens are doing to the Bengals?

Being that the Steelers have the better QB, I'm pretty sure they can do that too if they stop clinging to the 70's.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #23
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter
 
Hawaii 5-0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Aloha State
Posts: 8,948
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24013
Thanks: 7,781
Thanked 10,249 Times in 4,388 Posts
My Mood: Worried
Default Re: Remember when Haley was hired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
Yeah, I get it, you don't like me. It's still true that message boards are bloated with overreaction every time the team loses, and unless you're one of the people overreacting, it's nauseating for everybody. Timmons sucks, Redman sucks, Ben sucks, Ike sucks, Troy sucks, Woodley sucks, Ziggy sucks, McLendon sucks, Sanders sucks, Starks sucks, Gilbert sucks, Colon sucks, Lewis sucks, Mundy sucks, Haley sucks, LeBeau sucks, Tomlin sucks, Rooney sucks...
you forgot to list Chris "Mr. Great Preseason" Carter. he ended up with one tackle and sucked so badly the Steelers subbed him out late in the 1st quarter.
__________________
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:13 PM   #24
GoFor7
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,353
Member Number: 24211
Thanks: 32
Thanked 94 Times in 75 Posts
Default Re: Remember when Haley was hired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Anybody watching what the Ravens are doing to the Bengals?

Being that the Steelers have the better QB, I'm pretty sure they can do that too if they stop clinging to the 70's.
I'm not asking anyone to slobber over the Ravens, but it should piss you off that the Steelers aren't doing the same, or even better with the talent they have. They aren't worrying about time of possession or how rested their defense is, they're scoring.

If the Ravens, the team that everyone says mirrors the Steelers, are playing in the 21st century, then you know it's time for the Steelers to wake up.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #25
SteelMusic
Starter
Supporter
 
SteelMusic's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 634
Member Number: 9792
Thanks: 135
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Remember when Haley was hired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
I'm not asking anyone to slobber over the Ravens, but it should piss you off that the Steelers aren't doing the same, or even better with the talent they have. They aren't worrying about time of possession or how rested their defense is, they're scoring.

If the Ravens, the team that everyone says mirrors the Steelers, are playing in the 21st century, then you know it's time for the Steelers to wake up.
Did you really just quote yourself?
__________________
Here We Go Steelers!!!
SteelMusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #26
GoFor7
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,353
Member Number: 24211
Thanks: 32
Thanked 94 Times in 75 Posts
Default Re: Remember when Haley was hired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelMusic View Post
Did you really just quote yourself?
Because I'd like to get other people's thoughts on it. Are you still mad because I dare criticize Art Rooney II?

Anyways, thoughts on my previous post anyone?
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #27
defence
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 361
Member Number: 19128
Thanks: 181
Thanked 77 Times in 54 Posts
Default Re: Remember when Haley was hired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Because I'd like to get other people's thoughts on it. Are you still mad because I dare criticize Art Rooney II?

Anyways, thoughts on my previous post anyone?
Man; you should really lighten up and i am saying that not in a bad way. First off; I don't think any of our Steeler fans were pleased with the results last night but shit happens. It's game 1 and to tell you the truth we were very much in position to steal that game last night. As for the play calling; relax; when you have a plan sometimes you got to keep going with it and if it didn't work last night; you keep plugging away. It's an identity change and i believe this will be a good offence when we get mendy back. How about we stop beating up our team and tip our hats to Peyton and the Broncos. He outplayed Ben yesterday and really the pick 6 was the difference no?? The Bronco defence was much better than ours. So we lick our wounds and get ready for the Jets. Hopefully my concerns with the defence will be resolved when we play a qb who is not as good as Manning.
defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #28
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,869
Member Number: 7718
Thanks: 96
Thanked 766 Times in 341 Posts
Default Re: Remember when Haley was hired?

Go For, the points i will concede right away to you.

1. Our play calling last night was not to our strengths.
2. The run game was ineffective.
3. Time of possession was not important. (at least not in last nights game)
4. 19 points last year would of had Arian haters up in arms.

Now for what I think, my opinion, so call me on it.

1. While it looks more and more like the "new" NFL is a scoring bonanza and a pass happy league, the run game is still vital. We just have to use it wisely and timely.
2. The play calling was not great but there was some signs of promise, such as Heath being used more.
3.Our offense was like you said average at best, our defense had me worried more than the offense. We had no answer for Peyton and the Bronco's hurry up.
4. I love me some Ben, But he is going to have to progress in this new offense in seeing his receivers better out of their routes. He is going to have to make quicker decisions. Honestly our best plays were much like last year and that was Ben extended plays and coverage was blown.
5. We had two very important people out on defense, both in places that could of made a big impact. JH to put pressure on Peyton and Clark in the secondary that was toast. We still need some younger guys to step up and be the new "studs" on defense.


Finally I will say just take a deep breath and take a relaxed stance of waiting this week out and see how we react from this opening game. I have posted several times I expect growing pains from this new offense, I was leery of a possible bad start. Its how our team responds now that will dictate our season.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #29
jiminpa
Starter
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 591
Member Number: 20511
Thanks: 30
Thanked 152 Times in 94 Posts
Default Re: Remember when Haley was hired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by defence View Post
Man; you should really lighten up and i am saying that not in a bad way. First off; I don't think any of our Steeler fans were pleased with the results last night but shit happens. It's game 1 and to tell you the truth we were very much in position to steal that game last night. As for the play calling; relax; when you have a plan sometimes you got to keep going with it and if it didn't work last night; you keep plugging away. It's an identity change and i believe this will be a good offence when we get mendy back. How about we stop beating up our team and tip our hats to Peyton and the Broncos. He outplayed Ben yesterday and really the pick 6 was the difference no?? The Bronco defence was much better than ours. So we lick our wounds and get ready for the Jets. Hopefully my concerns with the defence will be resolved when we play a qb who is not as good as Manning.
Yep!

I think we're looking at a good year. It was Peyton Manning, with the Broncos. His former team went 2-14 as soon as he was gone, and now he is on the team that beat us in the playoffs last year. They deserve credit. It's no shame to lose a close game to a good team playing a good game.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #30
EbonySteel86
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 712
Member Number: 20340
Thanks: 1,261
Thanked 497 Times in 262 Posts
Default Re: Remember when Haley was hired?

The offence did outstanding! You don't wanna go toe to toe with Payton if you don't have to. U keep him off the field as much as possible! The miss td to Miller hurt but the D sucked big time.
EbonySteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts