Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
azbronco
Water Boy

Member Number: 24303
Default Game thoughts from a bronco fan perspective

Knew this would be a hard scrappy game and pretty much up to the point before that INT it was just that. The Steelers have no quit in them and are very well coached and that alone right there will win them some games they probably could lose based on matchups.

I think the Steelers OL did a wonderful job holding Doom and Von in check for most of the game. No, they didn't open alot of big holes for the running game but they did do a pretty good job in pass protection.

Ben was absolutely magic on 3rd down, what else can you say. There were times when he had pressure on him, does his pocket thing and just finds the right guy and he was accurate. It was unreal at how many 3rd and really longs he was able to convert.

Broncos did alright in the running game, they need to do much better. All Pro guard Kuper comes back in a few weeks so that should help. They did do a great job though at pass protection. So much for the Broncos/Colts hybrid offense. That straight up looked like Manning and the Colts from years past. Hard to imagine he was pretty much out of football for the better part of 2 years and comes in and plays that good 1st game (and if not for Decker dropping a TD pass - his passer rating would have been around 140 instead of 120). Not bad for a 36 year old who missed most of 2 seasons. I think he clearly shut up the critics in this game. Although I was not surprised. He put up 17 points against the 49'ers starting defense in less then 1 quarter in the 3rd preseason game this year. He's going to be just fine.

Big loss for the Broncos - Ty Warren out for the season. This dude just can't stay healthy at all. 3rd straight year on IR on or before the 1st game of the season. He's done. Can we barrow Hampton? Lol.

I told you guys, before the game, Mays sucks. His jock is still sitting on the goal line.

I can't believe Dick L is 75 years old. This guy should donate his body and mind to science when he dies.

Anyway, was a great game to watch. Unlike that Raiders vs Chargers game last night. That was ugly football.

Good luck with your conference, Baltimore looks tough. Lewis had what, 14 frickin tackles, how old is that guy again, jesus. And Reed still doin his thing too. Gonna be a dog fight all year between you guys.
azbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #2
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,759 Times in 877 Posts
Default Re: Game thoughts from a bronco fan perspective

You should stick around and get a real look at the end of the Steelers as most are posting. Contrary to your post:

-Ben didnt pass enough
-our O line didnt protect Ben
-Dick LeBeau should be fired
-Ben should be traded
-Todd Haley should be fired.

The fans should be talked down from the ledges by Thursday though. Thanks for stopping in.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #3
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

It is nice to see a perspective from a fan on the opposing side. Maybe people will start relaxing a bit...

Was a good game, was a very tough game to open up a season with but that is what the NFL loves.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #4
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

How did Manning "miss most of two seasons?" What did he miss in 2010?
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #5
azbronco
Water Boy

Member Number: 24303

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysteel View Post
How did Manning "miss most of two seasons?" What did he miss in 2010?
I didn't say 2 seasons. Where did you get that? I said the better part of 2 years. It's been 19 months since he last played a game, that's almost 2 years.
azbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #6
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Pretty fair. I agree, I was impressed with our O line pass blocking and disgusted with the run blocking. Ben got plenty of time and if we weren't running every play first and second down then we would have likely scored at least one more TD. IMO this loss weighs more on the defense. No pressure on Manning, they couldn't stop the same exact run that Denver kept running out of the shotgun, and we left huge cushions against a top notch QB. I'm all for the running game, but you can't just continue to hand it off and get nothing, especially with Ben and this WR corps.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #7
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Steelers fans were acting patently ridiculous after the loss. I thought the Steelers played pretty well considering what they were up against Sunday Night. The Broncos just had a little extra they couldn't account for. The way fans were reacting, you think we lost 35-0. The Steelers led going into the 4th and still had a chance to win the game.

I really don't chalk the Steelers Defensive struggles up to whatever they didn't do, it was who they were up against. Manning was a man on a mission to prove that he still had the stuff that made him one of the most celebrated QB's in history. He proved he still got it. The Broncos will be a force this year for whoever they face.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:51 PM   #8
nyuknyuk
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20360

Ben should be traded? For what? Kyle Orton?
nyuknyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #9
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Broncos better cover the spread, the Falcons are favored by 3 - - and I'm picking Peyton
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #10
defence
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19128

The Broncos went from an average team to a great team by adding in my opinion; the best QB of his time; and still damn great. This team has a good defence a very good offensive line; running backs and now the most important piece of any teams puzzle; the qb. I'm glad we are done facing them and hopefully they will get knocked out in the playoffs so we don't have to face them again.
defence is offline   Reply With Quote