Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,236 Times in 3,946 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default LaMarr Woodley promises Steelers won’t be 0-2

LaMarr Woodley promises Steelers won’t be 0-2

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 13, 2012

Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley doesn’t even want to hear anyone suggest that his team could be 0-2 after Sunday’s game.

When a reporter prefaced a question to Woodley by noting that the Steelers are a loss away from their first 0-2 start in a decade, Woodley quickly cut her off.

“And we won’t be 0-2” Woodley said, via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “Every week the mindset is to go out there and win a football game, and not start the season off bad. So far we’re 0-1, and we’ll manage to not go 0-2.”

The Steelers are favored to beat the Jets on Sunday, but given the way the Jets played in their own Week One game, it certainly wouldn’t be a shock if Woodley’s prediction fails to come true. But one positive sign for the Steelers is that the last time they started 0-2, in 2002, they still made the playoffs.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-wont-be-0-2/
Old 09-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,133 Times in 468 Posts
Default Re: LaMarr Woodley promises Steelers won’t be 0-2

I'm such a DIEHARD fan, that when we lose, fans and HATERS alike blow up my phone gloating or asking exactly what happened like I'm part of the team. For my sake (and my sanity and happiness, HAHA) I beg for him to be right. HERE WE GO!! I'll be in the house. Section 522 with my father!
Old 09-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
TheDude
Draft Prospect

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!
Member Number: 24204

I can appreciate the confidence...but I gotta admit, Wood's play in Denver was a bit too quiet IMO to be spouting off at the mouth in any way, shape, form or fashion.

TheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #4
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,307 Times in 1,614 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
I'm such a DIEHARD fan, that when we lose, fans and HATERS alike blow up my phone gloating or asking exactly what happened like I'm part of the team. For my sake (and my sanity and happiness, HAHA) I beg for him to be right. HERE WE GO!! I'll be in the house. Section 522 with my father!
Your not alone my friend.

The D better show up for this one or they will be 0-2.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #5
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
I can appreciate the confidence...but I gotta admit, Wood's play in Denver was a bit too quiet IMO to be spouting off at the mouth in any way, shape, form or fashion.
Since I was facepalming practically ALL NIGHT after I saw yet, another 2 of our men on the offensive line go down with injury, I looked up and noticed Woodley not even ON THE FIELD for a series or 3. I about panicked off my lid when I saw Carter and fat-Worlids manning (no pun-intended) our edge rush.

That said, I'm sick and absolute TIRED of this defensive line not getting a pass rush. It seemed for most of the night, we tried to bring pressure right up the gut and time and time again, our defensive lineman got stone-walled (that's being nice. We seemed to play with no fire!) and Lawrence Timmons CONTINUED to play out of position while Woodley barely did much of anything. I'm willing to give Woodley the benefit of the doubt. Worlids or Carter is NO threat to an offensive tackle when it comes to the outside rush. All they did was neutralize Woodley and spread our 43 out.

I look for Woodley and the entire defensive unit to rebound. There's only a SMALL handful of quarterbacks in this league that can pick us apart the way Manning did. Mark Sanchez will NOT be able to move the ball at will against us. It takes a ton amount of TIME and football INTELLIGIENCE to understand the inside track of our defense. Peyton Manning is no slouch. He's possibly the best ever.

This time around, we'll have our legit FS in there and Polamalu won't have to worry about being takin' out of the gameplan for the sake of deep 3rd. I just don't see Sanchez having the smarts to move his offense against AIR, let alone our defensive scheme. I don't care how many points they scored against Buffalo. We feast on QB's like Sanchez.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #6
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

I think as long as we protect the ball, our offense should be able to win this one for us, even if the D turns soft. Just avoid throwing picks, and we're golden.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #7
TheDude
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Since I was facepalming practically ALL NIGHT after I saw yet, another 2 of our men on the offensive line go down with injury, I looked up and noticed Woodley not even ON THE FIELD for a series or 3. I about panicked off my lid when I saw Carter and fat-Worlids manning (no pun-intended) our edge rush.

That said, I'm sick and absolute TIRED of this defensive line not getting a pass rush. It seemed for most of the night, we tried to bring pressure right up the gut and time and time again, our defensive lineman got stone-walled (that's being nice. We seemed to play with no fire!) and Lawrence Timmons CONTINUED to play out of position while Woodley barely did much of anything. I'm willing to give Woodley the benefit of the doubt. Worlids or Carter is NO threat to an offensive tackle when it comes to the outside rush. All they did was neutralize Woodley and spread our 43 out..
Al Woods was subbed in during the defense's first series!!!!

The substitution patterns throughout much of the nite were questionable

There were points during the game where I felt like our coaching staff was out-thinking themselves a little.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #8
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
Al Woods was subbed in during the defense's first series!!!!

The substitution patterns throughout much of the nite were questionable

There were points during the game where I felt like our coaching staff was out-thinking themselves a little.
I read a quote from Eric Dekker this morning that absolutley, positively pissed me off. He said "They pretty much ran the same thing all night." Which brings us back to the Wild-Card game where there wasn't ONE adjustment whatsoever. That's alarming to me.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #9
TheDude
Draft Prospect

Quote:
I read a quote from Eric Dekker this morning that absolutley, positively pissed me off. He said "They pretty much ran the same thing all night." Which brings us back to the Wild-Card game where there wasn't ONE adjustment whatsoever. That's alarming to me.
I think the no huddle contributed to that. It controlled & dictated our personnel.

70 yd catch and runs for TDs dont help tho.

You hear Tomlin talk about how each game has "game deciding plays"....well, Ryan Mundy contributed to game deciding plays in a negative way in back to back games.

Im with you stainless....Coach LeBeau's solution jar has seemed uncharacteristically empty. His adjustments have been crucial to our success.

But there is no substitute for a players execution.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:14 AM   #10
Steelers>NFL
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 15311

enough of the guarantees. just go out and win!
Steelers>NFL is offline   Reply With Quote