Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Pirates

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 08-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,110 Times in 2,390 Posts
Default Dave Parker coping with Parkinsonís

Sad news

Ex-Pirates slugger Parker is coping with Parkinson’s

“There's no fear,” Parker said. “I've had a great life. I always dreamt of playing baseball, and I played. I'm 62 years old and fortunate to make it to this point. I have some beautiful kids that I got to watch grow up and become adults. My fingerprints are on the baseball industry. I feel good about that. I have nothing to feel bad about.”

Parker may yet have many good years in front of him. He said the Parkinson's was diagnosed in February 2012 but has not progressed rapidly.

This year's Pirates have captured Parker's heart. He said he watches every game....

"Once a Buc, always a Buc,” Parker said. “And I'll always be a Buc.”

http://triblive.com/sports/joestarke...#axzz2bBvUri86

I know it ended badly for Dave Parker in Pittsburgh with the diminished productivity and cocaine use, but I have great memories of following the 1979 team, of which he was such big part, during the last summer I lived in Pittsburgh. The fact that he is 62 is a reminder time is catching up with me as well

Parkinson's can be a terrible disease - hope he is able to keep the symptoms to a tolerable level
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote