Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 08-01-2006, 03:36 PM   #11
section514
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1401
Default Re: t. brady misses 3rd practice in a row

section514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 05:05 PM   #12
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Quite frankly, as a Patriots fan, I am sick and tired of watching my team being repeatedly and brutally owned by the Steelers and Colts come playoff time.

Some evil-doers would suggest that something else that the Cowher led Steelers excel at is getting beat at home in the AFCCG.

Maybe thats why 6th seed is more suited to the Steelers - less pressure on the road.

NM
Different combination of personnel
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 05:11 PM   #13
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,969 Times in 3,411 Posts

michael smith just reported on sportscenter that alot of patriots players are feeling mistreated by pats management. good thing the steelers dont have these problems. sure we lose great players to free agency but noone has animosity with the steelers f.o.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 07:12 AM   #14
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Report: Bruschi might have suffered wrist fracture
ESPN.com news services

FOXBORO, Mass. -- Tedy Bruschi is nursing a wrist injury that might be as serious as a fracture, and The Boston Herald reported Tuesday that the Patriots linebacker will miss at least a week of camp while New England determines the severity of the injury.

Bruschi was reportedly hurt Monday during practice. He did not participate in drills that afternoon and missed both sessions Tuesday.

A Patriots spokesman would not comment on the report when reached by ESPN.com late Tuesday.

If Bruschi were to be out for an extended period of time, it would add to New England's depth problems at middle linebacker. The Patriots have tried Monty Beisel at that position with Bruschi. This has allowed Mike Vrabel to spend time at his natural outside position, but he may end up back in the middle if Bruschi misses time.

Bruschi, though, is optimistic about the situation at linebacker.

"I really haven't gotten to play with Monty a lot," Bruschi, now in his 11th season, told The Boston Globe on Tuesday. "I'm looking forward to developing that chemistry with him this year, and we've had the minicamps and the offseason to try to do that. I think we're going to be a good team inside."

Bruschi, known as the Patriots' emotional leader, suffered a stroke in February 2005, days after playing in his first Pro Bowl and 10 days after helping the Patriots win their third Super Bowl in four years. He later had surgery to repair a small hole in his heart.

Though he was expected to miss all of last season, Bruschi returned to the Patriots in October and went on to share AP Comeback Player of the Year honors with Carolina Panthers receiver Steve Smith after recording 61 tackles in the last nine games of the season.

Prior to his injury-shortened 2005-06 season, Bruschi had enjoyed the best two years of his career while leading the Patriots to Super Bowl championships in 2004 and 2005. He totaled 128 tackles in 2003 and 120 in 2004 and intercepted three passes each year.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:47 PM   #15
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
michael smith just reported on sportscenter that alot of patriots players are feeling mistreated by pats management. good thing the steelers dont have these problems. sure we lose great players to free agency but noone has animosity with the steelers f.o.
Patriots players feeling mistreated by Patriots management - I knew there had to be a reason for their below par performances of the last 5 seasons.

I remember way back in 2003 when Lawyer Milloy left for Buffalo at the last minute after being cut by the 'Patriots management' - anybody remember how that season panned out?

Michael Smith eh? - Got a link to that report?

And im going to presume that this is the same Michael Smith wrote the following column -

Officiating was less than Super : As if the pro-Pittsburgh weren't enough, the Seahawks also faced some hometown officiating.

http://sports.espn.go.com/keyword/se...mith&rT=sports

Hmmm maybe this guy does know his stuff after all.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 05:13 PM   #16
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Quote:
Patriots players feeling mistreated by Patriots management - I knew there had to be a reason for their below par performances of the last 5 seasons.

I remember way back in 2003 when Lawyer Milloy left for Buffalo at the last minute after being cut by the 'Patriots management' - anybody remember how that season panned out?

And im going to presume that this is the same Michael Smith wrote the following column -

Officiating was less than Super : As if the pro-Pittsburgh weren't enough, the Seahawks also faced some hometown officiating.

NM

Tony was talking about how the team did on the field after the departures! This bunch of rambling you have above is nonsense. Your upper management just is'nt taking care of their players the way they should! Thats all!
Old 08-02-2006, 05:26 PM   #17
tony hipchest

Quote:

NM
michael smith just reported on sportscenter

remember how upset brady was when milloy was let go? just another straw on the camels back. what smith says about the steelers and seahawks doesnt take any validity away from his report. the fact that the patriots are millions of dollars under the cap (money that seemingly is going to go in the owners pocket) while brady took a cheaper deal with the hopes of giving integral cogs like branch and vinatieri sweeter deals shows where players can feel cheated by the F.O. id be pissed too.

what you fail to realize is that teams get better and teams get worse. (there is an ebb and flow in the nfl) this is your 1st experience with the patriots franchise as an upper echelon team but it simply doesnt last forever.

you seem to ignore the possibility that a team like the patriots could drop of and a team like the dolphins could add 2 great coordinators and a pro bowl qb and get better. you keep insisting that the consistancy of the past 5 years simply dictates that this wont happen. youre LivingUpToYour Name
Old 08-02-2006, 06:31 PM   #18
tony hipchest

how will pats brass react to their dirty laundry being aired publicly in the media? these are the types of subjects theyve always insisted be kept "in house". for brady to not sing the company line seems kind of odd though.

oh well, im sure it will work out for the better like it did with law and milloy.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:37 PM   #19
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
michael smith just reported on sportscenter

remember how upset brady was when milloy was let go? just another straw on the camels back. what smith says about the steelers and seahawks doesnt take any validity away from his report. the fact that the patriots are millions of dollars under the cap (money that seemingly is going to go in the owners pocket) while brady took a cheaper deal with the hopes of giving integral cogs like branch and vinatieri sweeter deals shows where players can feel cheated by the F.O. id be pissed too.

what you fail to realize is that teams get better and teams get worse. (there is an ebb and flow in the nfl) this is your 1st experience with the patriots franchise as an upper echelon team but it simply doesnt last forever.

you seem to ignore the possibility that a team like the patriots could drop of and a team like the dolphins could add 2 great coordinators and a pro bowl qb and get better. you keep insisting that the consistancy of the past 5 years simply dictates that this wont happen. youre LivingUpToYour Name
Tony, this is the same guy who once said the Patriots were "the only team with a permanent winning record." Now how could you question that?
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:25 PM   #20
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsMe
Tony, this is the same guy who once said the Patriots were "the only team with a permanent winning record." Now how could you question that?
Its the same guy who used heavy doses of irony while saying that.

Shame ya missed out on that - for such a sharp guy.

It was reference to the 'bandwagon' crap that gets dished at Patriots fans just because they follow the team of the decade.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote