Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 08-02-2006, 11:30 PM   #21
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: t. brady misses 3rd practice in a row

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
michael smith just reported on sportscenter

remember how upset brady was when milloy was let go? just another straw on the camels back. what smith says about the steelers and seahawks doesnt take any validity away from his report. the fact that the patriots are millions of dollars under the cap (money that seemingly is going to go in the owners pocket) while brady took a cheaper deal with the hopes of giving integral cogs like branch and vinatieri sweeter deals shows where players can feel cheated by the F.O. id be pissed too.

what you fail to realize is that teams get better and teams get worse. (there is an ebb and flow in the nfl) this is your 1st experience with the patriots franchise as an upper echelon team but it simply doesnt last forever.

you seem to ignore the possibility that a team like the patriots could drop of and a team like the dolphins could add 2 great coordinators and a pro bowl qb and get better. you keep insisting that the consistancy of the past 5 years simply dictates that this wont happen. youre LivingUpToYour Name
Robert Kraft is one of the best owners in the NFL, if not the best.

He uses all his own money to support the team he followed as a simple fan - albeit a rich one.

I'll want to see some evidence of the patriots going down the pan before I start crying into my beer about them not being 'upper echelon' anymore.

The problem is - the Patriots have set such high standards recently that fans like you think that making it to the 2nd round of the postseason is a sign of the end.

There is no reason to think that the Steelers wont be challenging for the next 5 years becasue they have all the pieces in place - I happen to think the same of the Patriots.

Of course, I am a good deal less biased than you.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:34 PM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,099 Times in 3,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Robert Kraft is one of the best owners in the NFL, if not the best.

NM
the best at what? swindling his players and turning a profit?

thats really sweet that you think he might be the best. too bad players like brady, branch, and vinatieri dont share youre sentiments.

(oh, and incase you needed more proof.... the best owners in the nfl have the most sb trophies, more h.o.f. players, and the happiest group of players in the nfl; set to repeat no less)

Last edited by tony hipchest; 08-02-2006 at 11:37 PM.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:39 PM   #23
tony hipchest

anyways litp, whats kraft plan on doing with all this surplus cash? (a point you seem all to happy to avoid)

pocket it and force his team to win with what they got?
Old 08-03-2006, 06:32 AM   #24
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
the best at what? swindling his players and turning a profit?

thats really sweet that you think he might be the best. too bad players like brady, branch, and vinatieri dont share youre sentiments.

(oh, and incase you needed more proof.... the best owners in the nfl have the most sb trophies, more h.o.f. players, and the happiest group of players in the nfl; set to repeat no less)
Swindling his players?

Ha ha.

Thanks Tony - I always knew you had a talent for comedy.

For the record, as you obviously need it pointed out, Kraft is not 'swindling' anyone - swindling is a term for dishonestly taking money from people.

Where is the dishonesty?

Kraft hasn't reneged on any contracts - he makes an offer he feels is fair - if the player in question does not feel it sufficient he can move on.

Brady took the hometown discount, the same discount you sneer at, because he knows he plays for the best Franchise in football - the New England Patriots.

Set to repeat maybe, but thats an awful lot of talk for a team that has won one measly SB under is current coach - lets talk again as equals after you win 2 out of the next 3.

Dont worry - there will always be room for the smaller franchises such as Pittsburgh - we even let you win the odd SB to keep you happy.

NM
Old 08-03-2006, 08:43 AM   #25
tony hipchest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyways litp, whats kraft plan on doing with all this surplus cash? (a point you seem all to happy to avoid)

Old 08-03-2006, 09:30 AM   #26
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Dont worry - there will always be room for the smaller franchises such as Pittsburgh - we even let you win the odd SB to keep you happy.

NM

!!!!! Joke or not this is one of the funniest posts I've ever read! Thanks Nigel.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:46 PM   #27
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I honestly didnt think you needed this explaining to you.

The surplus money, if it is used, can be used to tie up some of our most important players before they reach the Deion Branch stage of negotiations - players such as Dan Koppen and Daniel Graham.

Why would he not use it all you ask?

Well Tony, he is not going to spend the money for spendings sake - if he throws this money at a couple of players - players such as Deion Branch - and pays them more than they are worth (in his estimation) then he has created a rod for his own back further down the line - when the next WR comes looking for more cash before the end of his contract.

Its a domino effect - he is not only overpaying for the player now he has also painted himself into a corner regarding salary negotiations in the future.

For the record - Kraft spent all of the salary cap last year - and even if he didn't (like the Eagles dont always) it is his choice.

Childish insults about being tight with money look absurd when held up to the light of the fantastic achievements of the Kraft ownership - he has taken a struggling franchise and turned them into the most successful of this decade - a dynasty no less.

I hope that has answered your question satisfactorily, perhaps we can return to the burning issue of Brady's manicurist now

NM
Old 08-03-2006, 02:11 PM   #28
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
michael smith just reported on sportscenter

remember how upset brady was when milloy was let go? just another straw on the camels back. what smith says about the steelers and seahawks doesnt take any validity away from his report. the fact that the patriots are millions of dollars under the cap (money that seemingly is going to go in the owners pocket) while brady took a cheaper deal with the hopes of giving integral cogs like branch and vinatieri sweeter deals shows where players can feel cheated by the F.O. id be pissed too.

what you fail to realize is that teams get better and teams get worse. (there is an ebb and flow in the nfl) this is your 1st experience with the patriots franchise as an upper echelon team but it simply doesnt last forever.

you seem to ignore the possibility that a team like the patriots could drop of and a team like the dolphins could add 2 great coordinators and a pro bowl qb and get better. you keep insisting that the consistancy of the past 5 years simply dictates that this wont happen. youre LivingUpToYour Name
Would not be shocked if the Fish swim to the top of what looks like the weaker division in the AFC. The Brady lovefest will go on and on. I'm not a Sabanite but at least he has Miami looking better.

We better come out firing on all cylinders.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 02:38 PM   #29
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku_Dirtt
Would not be shocked if the Fish swim to the top of what looks like the weaker division in the AFC. The Brady lovefest will go on and on. I'm not a Sabanite but at least he has Miami looking better.

We better come out firing on all cylinders.
I would agree that the AFCE, on paper, looks like one of the weaker divisions in football.

Buffalo and the Jets are in rebuild mode I think - the Dolphins are solid and will be able to compete with just about everyone they play.

NM
Old 08-03-2006, 03:17 PM   #30
tony hipchest

i dont think michael smith was making childish insults towards kraft by reporting that the players are feeling mistreated by mgmt.