Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-16-2012, 07:57 PM   #11
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Official "Our Defensive Line Sucks" Thread

Darren McFadden will eat that line for lunch if they don't play better. I hate the Raiders but they seem to have our number the past few years. Hopefully they step up big time in that game.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:33 PM   #12
stinkubus
Water Boy

Member Number: 24358

We've just been really spoiled as Steeler's fans. For a few years if a RB got more than 5 yards on a running play I'd be wondering what was wrong with our defense. We've been so good against the run for so long our expectations as fans might be a bit too high for the personnel we have at this point in time.

That being said, when it comes playoff time I'd be much more worried about having Harrison and Woodley both healthy and on the field (for pass rush purposes), and our secondary playing well. Our Pass D will matter much more if we want to have a deep playoff/SB run.
stinkubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:43 PM   #13
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,625 Times in 8,598 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Cameron Heyward ended the game with a sack.  I'd love to see him get more playing time... because, when he's in, good things happen.  
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:52 AM   #14
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Cameron Heyward ended the game with a sack.  I'd love to see him get more playing time... because, when he's in, good things happen.  
agreed. i really like Heyward. i think Hood was a wasted 1st round pick and we could of found a DE just as good in the 3rd round but Heyward has the talent to be something really good if we let him get in there full time
Old 09-17-2012, 04:03 AM   #15
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,409 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
agreed. i really like Heyward. i think Hood was a wasted 1st round pick and we could of found a DE just as good in the 3rd round but Heyward has the talent to be something really good if we let him get in there full time
Dito I think Heyward will be a good one with some playing time.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:21 AM   #16
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/by..._group=Defense

Click on those buttons for awile,
..., #1 NFL Defense 2011 reg season, ..., all the way back to 05, and you'll quickly see how consistent and "#1" the Steelers "D" has really been.
Our "O", on the hand hand, has been roughly a consistent #9 <->13 ??? up/down a lot.

Don't get me wrong though, it's just stats, and I feel yours', and others' pain offensively, and there is nothin' I'd like better than to finnaly see an "O" that has been as consistently "worthy" as our "D" has been, over the YEARS. !
Hence why Ariens is finally out, and Haley, and the RUN, with new Offensive adjustments will do the trick. Hopefully our "O" will atleast be a more consistent #3+ for the awile.

If anything, maybe an "Official "Our Offensive Line Sucks" Thread" should have gone up here, long ago, but I for one, am glad nobody did that.

Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #17
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,141 Times in 1,059 Posts

our defensive line is not designed to get sacks, its designed to occupy blockers so that the LB's can make tackles. Problem is that I saw Larry Foote 5 yards deep and not scraping to the football and filling holes very much.

Gripe all you want, but our LB's are weak right now with the play of Foote and Carter. Timmons doesnt seem to be on par either. The one thing I do think is that Hampton is showing his age and Steve McLendon isnt the beast that everybody was making him out to be in the preseason.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:16 AM   #18
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,032 Times in 1,780 Posts
My Mood: Aggressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanata-Steeler View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/by..._group=Defense

Click on those buttons for awile,
..., #1 NFL Defense 2011 reg season, ..., all the way back to 05, and you'll quickly see how consistent and "#1" the Steelers "D" has really been.
Our "O", on the hand hand, has been roughly a consistent #9 <->13 ??? up/down a lot.

Don't get me wrong though, it's just stats, and I feel yours', and others' pain offensively, and there is nothin' I'd like better than to finnaly see an "O" that has been as consistently "worthy" as our "D" has been, over the YEARS. !
Hence why Ariens is finally out, and Haley, and the RUN, with new Offensive adjustments will do the trick. Hopefully our "O" will atleast be a more consistent #3+ for the awile.

If anything, maybe an "Official "Our Offensive Line Sucks" Thread" should have gone up here, long ago, but I for one, am glad nobody did that.

Yeah, our D has been way more consistent than the O, but in recent years, our Offense has showed more promise than the latter. As for the run: You can run it all you want, but we gained 60 yards on the ground with several backs getting carries. The Raiders are coming up next, and they have the WORST defensive secondary in the NFL with ALL NEW CB's. We better sling that damn thing.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:45 AM   #19
MeanGee2047
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24036

Did y'all see how easy Hampton was getting pushed around? McLendon should be starting...clearly this is big snacks last year. Taylor was stinkin' too. Steelers will be looking hard at LB's & CB's in next years draft.
MeanGee2047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #20
SteelersFever
Founder

Member Number: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanGee2047 View Post
Did y'all see how easy Hampton was getting pushed around? McLendon should be starting...clearly this is big snacks last year. Taylor was stinkin' too. Steelers will be looking hard at LB's & CB's in next years draft.
Yeah, I noticed defenders pretty easily getting by. Our future consists of Mclendon, Hood, Heyward and Ta'Amu.
SteelersFever is offline   Reply With Quote