Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-16-2012, 08:57 PM   #21
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 19,043 Times in 8,038 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Who else is loving these refs?

I thought that the refs did a GREAT job.
Sincerely,
Santonio Holmes
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #22
jiminpa
Starter

Member Number: 20511

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
honestly I think the regular refs make as many terrible mistakes. I'm not trying to say that these refs are better, but I don't think the regular refs are that much better
Those usually aren't mistakes. At one point the NFL owned the Cheatriots, now the Cheatriots own the NFL.

Last time the refs went on strike the replacements were better then the full time refs. They actually called the games straight, which forced the regulars to settle before we got used to watching NFL football played by the rules.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:13 PM   #23
Silvercat
Water Boy
Supporter

Member Number: 19892

They're terrible.
Silvercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:09 PM   #24
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,207 Times in 3,462 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
I agree. nothing drastically wrong that changed the game. I say that Ed Hochuli and his buddys can take the rest of the year and go work out at the Y, because they aint much better than these retired refs from the WAC or Mountain West that are working.
yeah, there have been so many big mistakes over the last few years that many people believe (and it's very easy to believe it!) that the nfl is rigged.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #25
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,248 Times in 522 Posts

"Pass interference, I don't know who. Spot will be enforced on the end of the run with half a distance to the, uh. First down, Jets."
Old 09-16-2012, 10:12 PM   #26
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,207 Times in 3,462 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminpa View Post
Those usually aren't mistakes. At one point the NFL owned the Cheatriots, now the Cheatriots own the NFL.

Last time the refs went on strike the replacements were better then the full time refs. They actually called the games straight, which forced the regulars to settle before we got used to watching NFL football played by the rules.
I think the refs definitely "interpret" the rules in favor of teams with whiney stars like Brady. Anytime somebody looks at him funny they get flagged.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #27
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

First off... the so called PRO REFS are horrible. They made mistakes every game and they often took over games... that was pretty much the norm so lets not kid our selves.

These refs don't know the rule book like they should, but they aren't any worse then the pro refs. In fact I'd say they are maybe better... sure they made misakes... but i havent' seen the fill-in's take over games and basically dictate the out come.

IMO the regular refs were often on the take..OR their ego's are so out of control they think they are part of the game. These new refs (for the most part) realize they are to stay out of the way and make calls when they see them.... and for the most part they've done a solid job.

There were a lot of flags tonight, but I'd say all but maybe 1 or 2 was legit. How is that any different or worse then previous seasons?

These new refs are slow...and they appear to not know what they are doing, but they are getting the calls right in the end.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:49 PM   #28
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,248 Times in 522 Posts

These refs are old, slow and DONE!
Old 09-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #29
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

I seriously wonder if the refs on lock out weren't on the take. Maybe Goodell (as much as I hate the guy) is trying to get rid of a problem?

The last thing the NFL can do is say..." these guys are corrupt, we need to replace them all" I've thought for years the games are fixed...I've seen so many game changing bad calls over the years ...what else could explain some of these botched games by officials? If the NFL is trying to clean up the game and lock out dirty officials, I hope they stick to their guns.

Yea I've seen some problems with the new guys...but it's no worse then before.... I'd actually argue it's been better.... just not as "pretty" but the calls are getting made correctly for the most part.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:45 PM   #30
jiminpa
Starter

Member Number: 20511

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
I seriously wonder if the refs on lock out weren't on the take. Maybe Goodell (as much as I hate the guy) is trying to get rid of a problem?

The last thing the NFL can do is say..." these guys are corrupt, we need to replace them all" I've thought for years the games are fixed...I've seen so many game changing bad calls over the years ...what else could explain some of these botched games by officials? If the NFL is trying to clean up the game and lock out dirty officials, I hope they stick to their guns.

Yea I've seen some problems with the new guys...but it's no worse then before.... I'd actually argue it's been better.... just not as "pretty" but the calls are getting made correctly for the most part.
Goodell IS the problem. He and the previous two commissioners, maybe more, are subsidiaries of Las Vegas, and the house always wins. But there's still only so much they can do to influence the games without tipping their hands, so it is still fun to watch.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote