Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 09-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default 331 Yards Of Offense, 27 Points.

That was the Steelers Offense today. They dominated the TOP again, too.

331 Yards of Total Offense, but they scored 27 Points. None of them off of Turnovers from the Defense either. The D had no turnovers, BTW.

Remember in Ye Old Days of Arians Offense when the Steelers Offense would just rack up loads of yardage but only wound up with 20 points or less? It's not about Yards, it's about Scoring Points. This is the Todd Haley Offense, folks. That 10 Minute Drive to basically ice the game was a thing of beauty. The Offense finally taking control instead of sitting back and letting the Defense hold a lead.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,996 Times in 3,418 Posts
Default Re: 331 Yards Of Offense, 27 Points.

i saw a legitimate 4 minute offense out there today, and for 2 weeks in a row, heath miller is finally being used like the weapon he is inside the 10 yard line.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
CargoJon
Starter

Member Number: 4796

Heath has been a stud this year.
CargoJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,109 Times in 1,048 Posts

Yeah, but what if Haley went to 5 wide and threw it all day instead of being "predictible" on offense. Its a scoring league now, not a possession league and all the yinzers living in the 70's are just kidding themselves if they think that this offense is going to be successful..

Old 09-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #5
Edman
Living Legend

I emphasize...

The Offense scored 27 Points all on their own today. When was the last time a Steelers Offense ever did that? Ever? BTW, the Jets D is no slouch. Ben usually struggles against them. Ben had his best game yet against the Jets Defense who usually shuts him down. Even in the AFC Title game he was shut down.

Yes, all hail 1970's Football.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
SteelCity4Life
Team Captain

Member Number: 23950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
I emphasize...

The Offense scored 27 Points all on their own today. When was the last time a Steelers Offense ever did that? Ever? BTW, the Jets D is no slouch. Ben usually struggles against them. Ben had his best game yet against the Jets Defense who usually shuts him down. Even in the AFC Title game he was shut down.

Yes, all hail 1970's Football.
He has a point. Our offense couldn't score jack s- last year. The emphasis is on Haley using our weapons better. That he did!

However, I'd like to point out that we lead in the last AFC game against the Jets, they caught up, and a new set of downs thanks to Ben forced Rex Ryan to throw his headset down in anger and defeat.

Win, loss, or tie; Steeler faithful till I die!
SteelCity4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #7
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

Agree there Tony Hip, Heath needs to be used as such, he is a huge asset in the clutch. But than again we need the Oline to perform, or at least show up so Heath can go out more. Ben was lucky he didnt have 10 sacks today if he didnt lube himself up with oil prior to the game he wouldve been down quite a bit more.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:21 PM   #8
Edman
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
Agree there Tony Hip, Heath needs to be used as such, he is a huge asset in the clutch. But than again we need the Oline to perform, or at least show up so Heath can go out more. Ben was lucky he didnt have 10 sacks today if he didnt lube himself up with oil prior to the game he wouldve been down quite a bit more.
Pressure, Blitzing, and Sacks are a staple of Ryan Defenses. The Steelers O-Line was not going to hold off the Jets rush.

What was telling is that Ben stood tough against the Jets blitz and still burned them. Not by scrambling, but moving around in the pocket. They couldn't stop the Steelers Offense when it counted. 27 points and a 10 minute TD drive to put the game away tells it all. Even last week Ben was unrattled by the Broncos Vaunted Pass Rush.

In the past the Steelers Offense was helpless against an Aggressive Blitz-heavy Defense because the Arians Offense would always look for the big gain. So tons of 7 step drops and long-developing routes relying on Ben's improvising and athleticism to make things happen. Now, improvising is secondary. Ben is playing smarter and the O-Line is playing much better. We're seeing an extra dimension to Ben R that will make him even more dangerous.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #9
zcoop
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
Pressure, Blitzing, and Sacks are a staple of Ryan Defenses. The Steelers O-Line was not going to hold off the Jets rush.

What was telling is that Ben stood tough against the Jets blitz and still burned them. Not by scrambling, but moving around in the pocket. They couldn't stop the Steelers Offense when it counted. 27 points and a 10 minute TD drive to put the game away tells it all. Even last week Ben was unrattled by the Broncos Vaunted Pass Rush.

In the past the Steelers Offense was helpless against an Aggressive Blitz-heavy Defense because the Arians Offense would always look for the big gain. So tons of 7 step drops and long-developing routes relying on Ben's improvising and athleticism to make things happen. Now, improvising is secondary. Ben is playing smarter and the O-Line is playing much better. We're seeing an extra dimension to Ben R that will make him even more dangerous.
I can agree with that and thank God Rivis was out too.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:08 PM   #10
Steelers5895
Starter

Member Number: 23994

no Revis. Its a different game with him playing. Jets play a whole different attack defense with the confidence of having Revis covering.
Steelers5895 is offline   Reply With Quote