Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-17-2012, 06:00 PM   #11
zcoop
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513
Default Re: young $ crew should take a lesson from heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcity1974 View Post
I'm pretty sure when Wallace had that great TD catch he just walked up the sideline back to the bench. I didn't see him do much of anything, and it was probably the best catch in the entire NFL yesterday. As long as they don't draw celebration penalties or do something to delay a no-huddle offense, I don't see the issue. At the same time, I love the way Heath goes about his business too.
Yep, he went about his business and that catch will be one of the best of the year.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:07 PM   #12
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,950 Times in 7,584 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoop View Post
Yep, he went about his business and that catch will be one of the best of the year.
Technically, Wallace had poor hand placement on that catch. Instead of catching the ball at it's highest point, he allowed the ball to drop into his hands. If Cromartie had been in any kind of position, he could have easily batted the ball away.

That said, amazing footwork, to turn his foot, to land in bounds. That portion was insanely good.

Oh, and yes, he did indeed merely walk back to the sidelines, sans a celebration.

On that last topic: I do not think that the OP was trying to be racist; I think that he was talking about AB walking twenty yards downfield, after the play (as opposed to simply walking back to the huddle). I, myself, do not like the self-glomming theatrics... but, hey, I'm old. Although, Joey Porrter was the king fo theatrics... and I certainly loved him... hmmm... yep, I must be getting old.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #13
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,808 Times in 2,684 Posts

Quote:
There has been some internet chatter (including from Ed. B. and Gerry Dulac at the P-G) about Tomlin being frosted at Wallace for not reporting to camp - I thought it was noteworthy that Tomlin went over to enthusiastically congratulate Wallace after the catch
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #14
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

Quote:
I'm very familiar with that but I don't think you meant it the way they did. Young money, old money and large money are all positives according to them.
I meant nothing but to group three young receivers by calling them that. I think you read a little too much between the lines
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #15
zcoop
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Technically, Wallace had poor hand placement on that catch. Instead of catching the ball at it's highest point, he allowed the ball to drop into his hands. If Cromartie had been in any kind of position, he could have easily batted the ball away.

That said, amazing footwork, to turn his foot, to land in bounds. That portion was insanely good.

Oh, and yes, he did indeed merely walk back to the sidelines, sans a celebration.

On that last topic: I do not think that the OP was trying to be racist; I think that he was talking about AB walking twenty yards downfield, after the play (as opposed to simply walking back to the huddle). I, myself, do not like the self-glomming theatrics... but, hey, I'm old. Although, Joey Porrter was the king fo theatrics... and I certainly loved him... hmmm... yep, I must be getting old.
I think we're both getting a little old. I grew up in the sixties man. We did things that the older folks didn't quite approve of too, but it was our thing.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #16
zcoop
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
I meant nothing but to group three young receivers by calling them that. I think you read a little too much between the lines
okay
Old 09-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #17
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

I like celebrations after the catch. I like celebrations after touchdowns. There are strict rules to prevent excessive celebration in the NFL. If there are no penalties for the Young $ celebrations it is not an issue. Hines used to signal first down all the time. You haters need to find better things to worry about.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #18
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
I like celebrations after the catch. I like celebrations after touchdowns. There are strict rules to prevent excessive celebration in the NFL. If there are no penalties for the Young $ celebrations it is not an issue. Hines used to signal first down all the time. You haters need to find better things to worry about.
If you like the attitude they have great for you. I don't. I wasn't a fan of Holmes either and he carried himself the same way. Hines was all smiles and when he celebrated a first down he always did it with a smile. He never let a defender get in his head like Wallace and co. Just the opposite.
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #19
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

How does someone always find a way to bring up racism on a football forum? Seems pretty far fetched that a Steeler fan is going to be racist....what would they do, hope the whole defense sucked except for Brett Keisel who would make every tackle on every play because he's white? Not trying to insult anybody, but let's not look for it if it's not there.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:02 PM   #20
zcoop
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
How does someone always find a way to bring up racism on a football forum? Seems pretty far fetched that a Steeler fan is going to be racist....what would they do, hope the whole defense sucked except for Brett Keisel who would make every tackle on every play because he's white? Not trying to insult anybody, but let's not look for it if it's not there.
If the shoe fits, it should be worn. Do you have anything constructive to add? If the card isn't dealt, it won't be played. The original poster and I have moved on.