Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2012, 06:00 PM   #11
zcoop
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 
zcoop's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Stone Mtn, GA
Posts: 1,469
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20513
Thanks: 656
Thanked 710 Times in 413 Posts
Default Re: young $ crew should take a lesson from heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcity1974 View Post
I'm pretty sure when Wallace had that great TD catch he just walked up the sideline back to the bench. I didn't see him do much of anything, and it was probably the best catch in the entire NFL yesterday. As long as they don't draw celebration penalties or do something to delay a no-huddle offense, I don't see the issue. At the same time, I love the way Heath goes about his business too.
Yep, he went about his business and that catch will be one of the best of the year.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:07 PM   #12
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 12,983
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 16,877
Thanked 17,950 Times in 7,584 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: young $ crew should take a lesson from heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoop View Post
Yep, he went about his business and that catch will be one of the best of the year.
Technically, Wallace had poor hand placement on that catch. Instead of catching the ball at it's highest point, he allowed the ball to drop into his hands. If Cromartie had been in any kind of position, he could have easily batted the ball away.

That said, amazing footwork, to turn his foot, to land in bounds. That portion was insanely good.

Oh, and yes, he did indeed merely walk back to the sidelines, sans a celebration.

On that last topic: I do not think that the OP was trying to be racist; I think that he was talking about AB walking twenty yards downfield, after the play (as opposed to simply walking back to the huddle). I, myself, do not like the self-glomming theatrics... but, hey, I'm old. Although, Joey Porrter was the king fo theatrics... and I certainly loved him... hmmm... yep, I must be getting old.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #13
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,086
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 1,846
Thanked 5,808 Times in 2,684 Posts
Default Re: young $ crew should take a lesson from heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoop View Post
Yep, he went about his business and that catch will be one of the best of the year.
There has been some internet chatter (including from Ed. B. and Gerry Dulac at the P-G) about Tomlin being frosted at Wallace for not reporting to camp - I thought it was noteworthy that Tomlin went over to enthusiastically congratulate Wallace after the catch
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #14
finesward
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 719
Member Number: 14448
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: young $ crew should take a lesson from heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoop View Post
I'm very familiar with that but I don't think you meant it the way they did. Young money, old money and large money are all positives according to them.
I meant nothing but to group three young receivers by calling them that. I think you read a little too much between the lines
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #15
zcoop
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 
zcoop's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Stone Mtn, GA
Posts: 1,469
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20513
Thanks: 656
Thanked 710 Times in 413 Posts
Default Re: young $ crew should take a lesson from heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Technically, Wallace had poor hand placement on that catch. Instead of catching the ball at it's highest point, he allowed the ball to drop into his hands. If Cromartie had been in any kind of position, he could have easily batted the ball away.

That said, amazing footwork, to turn his foot, to land in bounds. That portion was insanely good.

Oh, and yes, he did indeed merely walk back to the sidelines, sans a celebration.

On that last topic: I do not think that the OP was trying to be racist; I think that he was talking about AB walking twenty yards downfield, after the play (as opposed to simply walking back to the huddle). I, myself, do not like the self-glomming theatrics... but, hey, I'm old. Although, Joey Porrter was the king fo theatrics... and I certainly loved him... hmmm... yep, I must be getting old.
I think we're both getting a little old. I grew up in the sixties man. We did things that the older folks didn't quite approve of too, but it was our thing.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #16
zcoop
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 
zcoop's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Stone Mtn, GA
Posts: 1,469
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20513
Thanks: 656
Thanked 710 Times in 413 Posts
Default Re: young $ crew should take a lesson from heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
I meant nothing but to group three young receivers by calling them that. I think you read a little too much between the lines
okay
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #17
lloydwoodson
Head Coach
 
lloydwoodson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 1,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 23495
Thanks: 708
Thanked 403 Times in 272 Posts
Default Re: young $ crew should take a lesson from heath

I like celebrations after the catch. I like celebrations after touchdowns. There are strict rules to prevent excessive celebration in the NFL. If there are no penalties for the Young $ celebrations it is not an issue. Hines used to signal first down all the time. You haters need to find better things to worry about.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #18
finesward
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 719
Member Number: 14448
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: young $ crew should take a lesson from heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
I like celebrations after the catch. I like celebrations after touchdowns. There are strict rules to prevent excessive celebration in the NFL. If there are no penalties for the Young $ celebrations it is not an issue. Hines used to signal first down all the time. You haters need to find better things to worry about.
If you like the attitude they have great for you. I don't. I wasn't a fan of Holmes either and he carried himself the same way. Hines was all smiles and when he celebrated a first down he always did it with a smile. He never let a defender get in his head like Wallace and co. Just the opposite.
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #19
tanda10506
Team President
 
tanda10506's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Smoky Mountains, TN
Posts: 2,104
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17319
Thanks: 814
Thanked 366 Times in 206 Posts
Default Re: young $ crew should take a lesson from heath

How does someone always find a way to bring up racism on a football forum? Seems pretty far fetched that a Steeler fan is going to be racist....what would they do, hope the whole defense sucked except for Brett Keisel who would make every tackle on every play because he's white? Not trying to insult anybody, but let's not look for it if it's not there.
__________________
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:02 PM   #20
zcoop
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 
zcoop's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Stone Mtn, GA
Posts: 1,469
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20513
Thanks: 656
Thanked 710 Times in 413 Posts
Default Re: young $ crew should take a lesson from heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
How does someone always find a way to bring up racism on a football forum? Seems pretty far fetched that a Steeler fan is going to be racist....what would they do, hope the whole defense sucked except for Brett Keisel who would make every tackle on every play because he's white? Not trying to insult anybody, but let's not look for it if it's not there.
If the shoe fits, it should be worn. Do you have anything constructive to add? If the card isn't dealt, it won't be played. The original poster and I have moved on.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts