Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-23-2012, 06:25 AM   #81
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148
Default Re: Time to stick a fork in Polamalu and Harrison

One draft mistake cost us from winning a superbowl or 2 in the 80's (not drafting Marino) That said , I don't think we will see the issues of keeping players too long in todays NFL, the reality of the salary cap make that virtually impossible. I think James will be gone after this year, money is needed to resign our WR's and since the NFL is more about Offense now thats where the money will be spent IMO. I think Troy wil get one more year after this one. But even Troy knows he may be nearing the end and I can actually see him retiring within the next couple of years.
As for Saint Lebeau, I have a feeling this will be it for him. Nothing concrete to go on, but I watch his chats with reporters on Steelers.com, he looks tired and I think (just a guess mind you) he realizes Butler may be just what the Steelers D needs to infuse new enthusiasm. Just one guys opinion.
As far as being revered....they damn well should be ..LeBeau, Noll, Polamalu (for todays younger fans who didn't see the great players of the 70's) are all great Steelers. So are a host of others could name but we all know who they are.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #82
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,960 Times in 4,646 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

James Harrison Says He Practiced Fully On Tuesday

Tuesday, September 25th, 2012 by Dave Bryan

Earlier today it was reported that Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison (knee) was able to practice, but no word was given as to what extent of work he was given.

Harrison removed all of the mystery by taking to Twitter Tuesday afternoon to say that he indeed did practiced fully today, and that he hopes everything goes well on Wednesday.

James Harrison@jharrison9292:

Just finished my first day of full practice, hopefully everything goes well tomorrow!
25 Sep 12

Obviously the key now is to see if the knee handles the Tuesday work and if it swells over the next 24 hours. If Harrison is able to go fully on Wednesday as well, that would be very encouraging news.

The Steelers linebacker had the procedure done on his knee in mid August, but has been unable to practice fully since that time.

The Steelers are on a bye this week, which means that their next game is not until a week from this coming Sunday at home and hopefully that is when Harrison will make his season debut.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/09...ly-on-tuesday/
Old 09-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #83
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,960 Times in 4,646 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Report: Troy Polamalu Optimistic He Will Play Against Eagles

Tuesday, September 25th, 2012 by Dave Bryan

The Pittsburgh Steelers are back on the practice field on Tuesday before heading off to the bye week and Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette reports via Twitter that both linebacker James Harrison (knee) and safety Troy Polamalu (calf) are getting work in today.

Gerry Dulac@gerrydulac:

James Harrison back on the field today, but Steelers will monitor how his knee reacts to practice. Says Harrison: "Just going day to day."
25 Sep 12

Gerry Dulac@gerrydulac:

Troy Polamalu back on the practice field today, says he's optimistic he will play against the Eagles. He will.
25 Sep 12

The team is not required to release a practice participation report during the bye week so we don't know exactly how much they work that players are really actually getting.

Dulac reports that Harrison said on Tuesday that he is still going day-to-day, while Polamalu said that he he's optimistic that he will play against the Philadelphia Eagles following the bye.

The next injury report will not be released until one week from Wednesday, so it is hard to speculate this far out as to the availability of both players. It is, however, good to hear that both are getting some sort of work in on Tuesday.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/09...gainst-eagles/