Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-21-2012, 08:03 AM   #11
beer72
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3508
Default Re: For whom to root: the Ravens or the Taperiots?

I gotta go Pats... Need the division more . Tough one tho
beer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:17 AM   #12
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,517 Times in 2,142 Posts
My Mood: Fine

I will root for the Patriots. As much as I dislike their smugness - the Ravens and their Napoleonic fans are annoying as hell to put it nicely

I live in greater Bmore area as well, and this past Sunday was all too sweet. I'll take Ravens losses every time.When they beat us in our house last season, it made me sicker than losing to GB in XLV. I still have a horrible taste in my mouth from losing the last game v. Ravens and I'd love nothing more than to put them and their pathetic fans back in their place.

Last season I walked into a grocery store the afternoon of Game 1 versus them. I have always wore my Steelers gear on Sundays, no matter where I go, and I see the same Ravens fans (and 1 or 2 other Steelers fans) every time I go there on Sundays and we always had a playful jab at each other - it was like "Oh no, you're back for more!" - it was all in good fun. Except durin this visit, some drugged out biker looking jerk pushed me into all the cartons of eggs because of my t-shirt. I had put up with a lot of nonsense from Ravens fans, but at least some of them were fun to hang out with - but that was it for me. The way the store handled it (managers obvious Ravens fans) put an extra bitter taste in my mouth.

I knew there was always a possibility of getting into it verbally with a Ravens fan, and that never really bothered me - I actually welcomed it a little - but absolutely NO reason to get physical. The drubbing we took that night along with the 2nd loss made my hatred even deeper. SCREW THEM.

I'm ok now, seriously though - it'll be tough for the Patriots to win - they are reeling a little IMHO

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:58 AM   #13
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

I think a 0-0 tie in which both teams beat the hell out of each other would be the best result. It would make all tie breakers null and void, meaning we'd have to split the 2 games with the Ravens and then match them week for week the rest of the way to win the division, barring Cincy getting into the mix.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:00 AM   #14
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

This just in: Herr Goodell is awarding both the Ravens and the Patriots a win in the same game to help bury the Steelers in the standings.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:12 AM   #15
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

I don't care really. It doesn't matter who wins that game if the Steelers stumble in Oakland. Our guys have to take care of their own business first before worrying about anyone else.

I'm not annoyed by Raven fans. In fact, I think they're so cute they're team is relevant. They're a little annoying sometimes with their homerism and whining, but that team and their organization have such a deep inferiority complex that you can't help but just not care. I can't overly hate a organization that desperately seeks self-satisfaction and finds it in a single team (The Steelers). They're kind of like Cleveland in a way.

The Patriots under any circumstance I cannot root for. They suck.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #16
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

Got to root for Marsha this week. We need the Ravens to lose. You win the division first then the path to the SB is more in your house.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:28 AM   #17
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,517 Times in 2,142 Posts
My Mood: Fine

yea, I try not to paint huge brushstrokes when it comes to Ravens fans, but it is REALLY hard not to

For every Ravens fan that I actually could enjoy watching a game with or talking football with, there are 9 that are really bitch-slappable

Napoleon complex, big-brother/little-brother, whatever you want to call it - they have it, I just can't feel bad for them and have had enough personal bad experiences to brand a sizable chunk of them

This is their history, and I guess it would make me bitter too.
Ravens History, Part I:
http://lifeinlegacy.com/2002/0914/UnitasJohnny.jpg
then
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5...sLeaveP1.4.jpg
Ravens History, Part II:
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...8nqOjoQwHWImJw

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #18
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Being from new England I can't stand the fair weather fans around here Nd I can't stand hearing how great Brady is. He literally becomes average at best against good defenses. Logically I'd Prefer the ravens to lose so we go up a game, but if we are truly a good team then we should beat the ravens twice this season so I'd be very happy with a new England loss this week. At this point I don't feel we can win two against the ravens. Probably split one each, so I guess I'm gonna root for the patriots this week. I wouldn't mind seeing ray rice and tom Brady both get a broken knee or arm or somethibg. Maybe a Tie game would be good, that way they both trail by half a game .
Old 09-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #19
realdeal
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10935

I hate the Gaytriots more than the Ratbirds!! I hope they end up in a tie!! can't see myself rooting for either!!
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #20
Men of Steel
Team Captain

Member Number: 13746
My Mood: Amused

Patriots are not only gonna win this one, but they are gonna put the whoopin on Flacco and the Ratbirds.

How do I know this? Well last night I played madden 13 vs the Ravens and Flacco threw 4 INTs!

Nah but in all seriousness... I agree with those who preffer NE wins. Steelers must WIN in our Division first! Better our chances in the playoffs.

I seriously think in order for the Steelers to go deep into the playoffs, we NEED to win homefield advantage this year. I dont like this team on the road. The Defense seems slower in away games. Hopefully its just because they got off to a slow start.

But cant win homefield unless you first win your division obviously. As much as I hate both the pats and rats, I preffer NE wins.

oh hell, i hope a meteor crashes on them during the game and it all ends in a tie.