Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 09-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,014 Times in 1,776 Posts
My Mood: Aggressive
Default Steelers Fever Exclusive Editorial: Week 3 Matchups

Pittsburgh Steelers (1-1) at Oakland Raiders (0-2)
O.co Coliseum
All-time series: 10-9 (Oakland)
Last meeting: 2010. Heinz Field. Raiders 3 at Steelers 35
Last meeting in Oakland: 2006. Steelers 13 at Raiders 20

Week 3 marks the 20th meeting between these two historic franchise's. Once a hated rivalry back in the 1970's, the Steelers (1-1) travel to Oakland to take on the 0-2 Raiders. In week 2, Pittsburgh bounced back after a week 1 loss at Denver to beat the N.Y Jets 27-10 at Heinz Field. Oakland on the other hand, dropped 2 straight with a week 1 loss to the San Diego Chargers at the Coliseum (22-14) and a gut-wrenching loss in week 2 at the Miami Dolphins (35-13.)

KEY MATCHUP: ILB Lawrence Timmons vs RB Darren McFadden.

After watching what Oakland has to offer in the first two weeks, it seems as if the Raiders offense goes as far as Darren McFadden will take them. Not only is he their feature back, but he is Carson Palmer's main checkdown guy in a very lethargic offensive attack. I expect Lawrence Timmons to shadow McFadden all over the field Sunday and keep a close eye in not only the backfield, but once he releases as well. Oakland loves to check-down in the flats and get McFadden involved early and often to try and create one on one mis-match's with the linebackers. Timmons is practically the only Steelers defender on the field that can match-up one on one with a versatile back like McFadden, so keep an eye on this matchup throughout the football game as it could be the key to success for the Steelers defense.

Read more: http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/1011.html

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:16 PM   #2
Goldsteel86
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 16432
Thanked 1,104 Times in 600 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Fever Exclusive Editorial: Week 3 Matchups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Pittsburgh Steelers (1-1) at Oakland Raiders (0-2)
O.co Coliseum
All-time series: 10-9 (Oakland)
Last meeting: 2010. Heinz Field. Raiders 3 at Steelers 35
Last meeting in Oakland: 2006. Steelers 13 at Raiders 20

Week 3 marks the 20th meeting between these two historic franchise's. Once a hated rivalry back in the 1970's, the Steelers (1-1) travel to Oakland to take on the 0-2 Raiders. In week 2, Pittsburgh bounced back after a week 1 loss at Denver to beat the N.Y Jets 27-10 at Heinz Field. Oakland on the other hand, dropped 2 straight with a week 1 loss to the San Diego Chargers at the Coliseum (22-14) and a gut-wrenching loss in week 2 at the Miami Dolphins (35-13.)

KEY MATCHUP: ILB Lawrence Timmons vs RB Darren McFadden.

After watching what Oakland has to offer in the first two weeks, it seems as if the Raiders offense goes as far as Darren McFadden will take them. Not only is he their feature back, but he is Carson Palmer's main checkdown guy in a very lethargic offensive attack. I expect Lawrence Timmons to shadow McFadden all over the field Sunday and keep a close eye in not only the backfield, but once he releases as well. Oakland loves to check-down in the flats and get McFadden involved early and often to try and create one on one mis-match's with the linebackers. Timmons is practically the only Steelers defender on the field that can match-up one on one with a versatile back like McFadden, so keep an eye on this matchup throughout the football game as it could be the key to success for the Steelers defense.

Read more: http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/1011.html
I really hope you are right Bro, man oh man, I remember watching McFadden when he played at Arkansas, the dude is a burner. I really hope Carson Palmer is looking up at the sky quite a bit, I think that the key will be the ability to apply pressure, Keisel is due to have a big game, bring on the "Keisel Deisel"!
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,365 Times in 566 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Fever Exclusive Editorial: Week 3 Matchups

Yeah man, like I said, I fully expect the Raiders to get McFadden involved early and often. There is just absolutely NO threat on the outsides to prove otherwise for the Raiders. The way the Raiders have played the past two weeks plays right into how LeBeau calls a game: KEEP EVERYTHING IN FRONT OF YOU.

It would be nice to not only go on a 2 game win streak, but get one on the road against an AFC opponent nonetheless.