Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-02-2006, 10:24 AM   #1
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Nate Washington

As with our last TC, I've been hearing nothing but great things about Nate Washington. He made two key catches during the playoffs last season and he has decent height (6'1) compared to Wilson (5'10) and ARE (5'10) when he was here. I'm not stating height is everything, but it's nice to have at the #2 position. Plus the kid has proven he can make key catches in the big games after being taken off the bench at a moments notice.

Would any of you be shocked if he was our #2 at the start of the season or became our #2 midway through the season? While I'm hoping Wilson will pick up where he left off and that he probably will be the #2 (barring injury), I still feel he is better suited in the third slot. I'd love to see Nate get a chance to prove himself.

So do you feel this kid has a legitimate shot at taking the #2 slot at some point this season? Thoughts? Opinions?

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 08-02-2006 at 10:46 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:51 AM   #2
nicesteel4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1775
Default Re: Nate Washington

I'll tell you what, he has got a great leaping ability specially with that 6.1' frame. I seen him at a few basketball games this spring and summer that he was amazing. I really think he has got a chance to get a BUNCH more playing time. But as always camp is early and only time will tell. But I love the fact that the first two days he made himself noticed. I also agree that his size is advantage at the number 2 spot. Gives Ben a little better target. If he can keep his speed up he will be the 2nd reciever set by midway through the season. I really think we got a great group of recievers, sorry that a few are going to have to be cut.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:52 AM   #3
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

I dont know about #2.....

Depends how many WR we keep....

Ward...Wilson...Holmes...Morgan...Morey...Washingt on...Reid.....do we normally keep 6???
Old 08-02-2006, 10:55 AM   #4
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
As with our last TC, I've been hearing nothing but great things about Nate Washington. He made two key catches during the playoffs last season and he has decent height (6'1) compared to Wilson (5'10) and ARE (5'10) when he was here. I'm not stating height is everything, but it's nice to have at the #2 position. Plus the kid has proven he can make key catches in the big games after being taken off the bench at a moments notice.

Would any of you be shocked if he was our #2 at the start of the season or became our #2 midway through the season? While I'm hoping Wilson will pick up where he left off and that he probably will be the #2 (barring injury), I still feel he is better suited in the third slot. I'd love to see Nate get a chance to prove himself.

So do you feel this kid has a legitimate shot at taking the #2 slot at some point this season? Thoughts? Opinions?
I agree with you so much about Nate Washington. I wouldn't be shocked if he is the number 2 WR come mid season. If that happen it wouldn't be so much as a knock on Cedric Wilson but Nate Washington just proving he is a starter in this league. Plus I'm with you on Cedric. Even though I think he would be fine as the number 2. I would like to see him in the slot.

Nate Washington reminds me of David Givens. The former Pats WR that signed with the Titans.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:56 AM   #5
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Let's start here. Try and break it down. In camp we have.......

Hines Ward (lock)

Cedrick Wilson (lock)

Santonio Holmes (lock)

Quincy Morgan (Even though I like him, I think much depends on his knee, but wouldn't be surprised if he's cut)

Nate Washington (lock)

Willie Reid (lock)

Sean Morey (Job could be in trouble if a young buck steps up to the plate)

Lee Mays (Cut)

Eugene Baker (cut)

Walter Young (practice squad?)

Isaac West (practice squad?)

Adam Herzing (Cut)

Fair assumptions? If not, what would you change?

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 08-02-2006 at 11:17 AM.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:23 AM   #6
TasmanianTroy271
Team Captain

Member Number: 544

All those Walter Young fanboys better brace for impact, because I have a feeling he's not gonna make it, especially with who we already have. To disagree with you, 83-43, I think that Quincy's just as much of a lock as the other guys, which leaves us with 7 WR's. I tihnk Sean Morey has more of a chance of being cut than Quincy this season, but you know how Cowher loves his ST er's.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:36 AM   #7
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasmanianTroy271
To disagree with you, 83-43, I think that Quincy's just as much of a lock as the other guys, which leaves us with 7 WR's. I tihnk Sean Morey has more of a chance of being cut than Quincy this season, but you know how Cowher loves his ST er's.
Well, I don't think we "disagree" per say. I'm a Quincy Morgan fan but between the signings of Holmes/Reid and the problems with his knee he could very well be out of a job.

I don't think Morey can even be considered a WR on this team. He's strictly ST's and I have a strong feeling a young player (Smith maybe?) could very well take his job away from him this season. I also feel Morey's future will depend on how well Reid/Holmes do as recievers in the preseason to whether they keep Morey or not. That may sound funny because Morey isn't much of a reciever but it is not for his recieving skills that I say this, it's whether they feel the need to keep on Morgan or if they are more than comfortable going into the season with 2 rookies backing up the starters (assuming wilson and ward are the starters).

I think that made sense?....lol.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 08-02-2006 at 11:39 AM.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:47 AM   #8
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

Morey has been special teams captain for 2 years....for him to go someone will REALLY have to step up....

still depends on how many WR we are keeping...this is a nice problem to have....
Old 08-02-2006, 12:00 PM   #9
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold203
Morey has been special teams captain for 2 years....for him to go someone will REALLY have to step up....
Chidi Iwouma maybe?
Old 08-02-2006, 12:13 PM   #10
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

There are teams out there (Atlanta for instance) chomping at the bit ..in hopes that we cut EITHER Morgan or Washington...
I agree that Washington is a lock and will be here when the season starts...but with Atlanta losing Finneran for the season...could Morgan be bait for us to land Duckett? (just a thought)
I thought Morgan showed me something last year..and is one of the best WR in the league in drawing the passing interference call...which is JUST as good as a reception (and better, since you get the first down)
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote