Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #21
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,426 Times in 2,101 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Its time for Casey to tap out

if they were scolded and benched, that is BS IMO

2 ideas might help with this defense:

Amoeba and Rotation. If we have multiple personnel packages with 1 down lineman I think that would be a whole lot less predictable.

Can you imagine seeing 3rd and 8 with Hood down, and Woodley, Heyward, McClendon and maybe even James in there, with Troy playing mid not knowing what the heck his plan is? That leaves 5 in the secondary, not counting Troy.

Then imagine next situation seeing Heyward down, then next seeing McClendon down maybe with a corner blitz in mind - I dunno, just going on and on now - but ya know what I mean? I think that would make some O's shit themselves, but I'm no freakin expert - I just know this passive shit gotta stop no matter who is in there.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:06 AM   #22
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

Let the young guys play they have the playbook down none of them are rookies (besides Taamu) see if they can change the make up of the current sorry state of the D.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #23
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

It's time for Lebeau, Casey, and Keisel to start tapping out. Send John Mitchell out along with them. Their Defense is done and tired, and I'm getting tired them trotting the same old shit that isn't working.

our DL in general is not playing as well as DL units in the past.

But their job is not to get pressure on the QB - its our LBs and I don't see the pressure that I am used to seeing

Because we're not allowing our D-Line to attack. Dickard wants them to titty-fight with linemen and play GAP CONTROL. Ta'amu was chewed out for getting a sack, Cam Heyward likely got the same crap for getting a sack in the Jets game and was likely benched afterwards, since he didn't start the Oakland game. Read & React, Cushion Zone Defense, Backers dropping in coverage, Classic Lebeau Defense.

Well, this shit is certainly working alright. 15th in rush defense, Big plays of 40 yards or more given up every game, 58 points given up in consecutive road games. It's not working, but Lebeau the genius can't see it, or worse, is seeing it but keep going on with it anyway because of his ego.

This is on Tomlin to fix, Lebeau and his cronies aren't going to do it.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #24
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
Hampton was done. Hoke was the better NT.
Well that's your opinion but his on the field play showed to the contrary. I agree that Hoke was a bad ass NT but that's not who we were talking about.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #25
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfreak58 View Post
Let the young guys play they have the playbook down none of them are rookies (besides Taamu) see if they can change the make up of the current sorry state of the D.
Completely agree, who knows, the young guys combined with Harrison back on the front line might save the season. When Harrison is back he may not make all the big plays he used to, but offenses are afraid of him and will take the double team off Woodley to block Harrison, as opposed to Carter who has contributed seemingly nothing. If the young guys on the line can slow down the run (we give up a lot of big run plays lately) and get some pressure then that may be "good enough". I don't see this being a top D, but man coverage and the new guys playing well should be enough to let the offense win games.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #26
stiller39
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 4832

Maybe its time for the Head Coach to step up and make the D coordinator responsible for the D's poor play... remember the standard is the standard.....
stiller39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #27
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Casey took a pay cut to stay, and bottom line, at this point, having him here playing is worth more than paying him to stay home. This was another instance of not have the players ready to take over.

Depth is the major issue!