Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-23-2012, 10:21 PM   #41
jiminpa
Starter

Member Number: 20511
Default Re: DEFENSE????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
for starters I'd cut every CB not named Ike....immediately

Lebeau's soft slow and sloppy "scheme" was cut to ribbons...I want to see heads roll!

Wallace was making catches over the middle and caught everything Ben threw him - get off his ass - he did his job

this defense is beyond horrible - we NEED to score40 pts a game - they can't tackle, stop the run, or the pass

cut that worhless tub of lard Ziggy too, I'be seen enough of that fat slob and his bear dancing routine, a 1 yd push into the backfield would be his first
Yes, Wallace did do his job. I acknowledged that. He is still good. He is willing to run through the middle and has great hands. He is not the greatest receiver in the league, and not worth breaking the cap for. That's all I'm saying about him. If salary money was unlimited, yeah, pay him whatever he wants. He has great chemistry with the team, and does his job, and a little more. But the salary cap keeps what would otherwise be lesser teams competitive, and so it works to be a good thing, and he should be able to get more than he is worth from one of the teams in league that likes to pay too much for the next superstar in an attempt to buy some wins, which ironically is why they don't win.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:21 PM   #42
ChristianKustomz
Starter

Member Number: 24383

I agree. I can't tell you how many times I have yelled at the players though the TV to stop dancing and running backwards with the "@*#%" ball. Get the ball and pound the hell out of it....FORWARD. They should relearn what that means. I don't understand why special teams get the ball, hesitate, hop left, hop right, walk forward and then go sideways and eventually go backwards. F that. Do what they did last year...get the ball and run like a freight train and run over anyone who gets in your way.
ChristianKustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:40 PM   #43
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860

Am I the only one who feels the outcome would be different with a healthy Mendy, Troy & James? I welcome the bye!
Old 09-23-2012, 10:58 PM   #44
ChristianKustomz
Starter

Member Number: 24383

Damnit! I hate the Ravens! I can't believe they won again....That was absolute BS because if thy pole extended further it would have hit the pole and bounced off and it would not have been a field goal! That in my books WAS NOT A LEGAL FIELD GOAL! Baltimore did not deserve to win. That was a BS win. Rrrrrrrrr! Oh wells. That was the perfect disappointing ending to a disappointing week of football. Night all.
ChristianKustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:12 PM   #45
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
Am I the only one who feels the outcome would be different with a healthy Mendy, Troy & James? I welcome the bye!
Consider the fact that some of these issues started happening back in the Wild Card game when those guys were healthy. Their returns could certainly help, but is that enough?
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:38 PM   #46
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,099 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Consider the fact that some of these issues started happening back in the Wild Card game when those guys were healthy. Their returns could certainly help, but is that enough?
mendenhall was healthy in what wildcard game?
Old 09-23-2012, 11:40 PM   #47
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
mendenhall was healthy in what wildcard game?
Was referring to the defense.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:44 PM   #48
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,099 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Was referring to the defense.
oh yeah, our defense was pretty much decimated in the wild card game. keisel, hampton, clark, and then woodley running around on one leg.

sure we had troy and james, but the 2 of them cant take on 11.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:45 PM   #49
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
I like Mendy, but even Barry Sanders wouldn't do jack shit behind our run blocking. It's as bad as I've ever seen it. The sad thing is, it's not like defenses are even respecting the run. They're main focus is stopping Ben and our wideouts. You'd think that would allow the run game to open up a bit. No chance in hell.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:41 AM   #50
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

We have grown to be spoiled with the talent we have accumulated on this defense since the early 90's. Last week our CB's played a decent game, in press coverage, this week in zone not so much. That comes from a lack of pressure. No pressure against the Raiders and Palmer does what he's paid to do. Any NFL QB can sit back and throw like a 7 on 7 drill with no pressure and a zone behind the "no pressure" Our CB's are young, they will be fine (IMO) Until we find a suitable replacement for Silverback we are in trouble. Lamarr is playing well. Timmons was caught flat footed on the long TD run by McFadden and got blocked. Carter is finding speed isn't the only thing that gets you to the QB.
As for the DL, this is where I am shocked the most. But we are used to seeing perhaps the best 3-4 DE to play in the NFL. Aaron is gone and Ziggy isn't quite up to the task of replacing him. But then again I felt that Hood was better suited to 3 technique DT than 3-4 end coming out anyway. Keisel is still a beast but because of the lack of consistency other teams stay away from him.
I think Lebeau needs to start allowing the younger kids to play, some may surprise us and also allow Coach Butler to call the defense.
We've had a couple of poor efforts by our D. I am hopeful this can be fixed during the bye and we will be well on our way to finishing the next 13 games 11-2 or 10-3.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote