Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-24-2012, 04:47 AM   #31
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter

Default Re: Who do you blame for this loss?

1) Penalties!!! The Beard on 4th and goal?! Come on! Keenan big PI to let them go down field?! O-Line constant penalties making it hard for us to continue (especially on last drive).

2) Fumble by AB! Stop show-boating and hold on to the damned ball! You should have learned after the lucky break for the TD.

3) Ryan Mundy can't cover or tackle! He is the reason McFadden got that TD, caught on his heels. He will be fined heavy for that hit on Heyward-Bey.

4) Carson Palmer! Give him credit for the constant adjustments. He took a page from Peyton Manning's book on beating LeBeau. He called a hell of a game.

5) Once again our 2 star defensive players are out. As Harrison and Polamalu go, so does the defense.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:12 AM   #32
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
Totally agree! Too many on this board assume that the return of Troy and Silverback will get our defense back on track. Unfortunately, not true.

Here are the defensive issues, IMHO...

1. Age: Troy, Harrison, Hampton, Kiesel are all on the downside of their careers. You could make the case that Kiesel and Hampton are actually hurting the defense. I'd even say that Troy's days of "free-styling" all over the field should be over. He doesn't have the speed anymore to show blitz and then get back in coverage.

2. Injuries: Troy and Hampton can't stay on the field. Woodley has had his issues with injuries as well.

3. Under-performing talent or just over-rated talent: Hood and Timmons. To a degree, I'd say that Ike Taylor belongs on this list. He has not been as good as last year. I feel that his performance last year against Denver may have affected his confidence.

4. Unproven youth: Keenan Lewis, Curtis Brown, Cortez Allen, McLendon, and Cam Heyward

5. Just go away: Ryan Mundy

6. Schemes: I love LeBeau and am not willing to lay the blame at his feet. I believe that, with the right combo of youth and talent, his defense can still work. However, given the current roster, some changes need to be made. Either dumb down the playbook to allow the young guys like McLendon and Heyward to make an impact or find SOME way to pressure the QB with the old guard.

So...the only players that are currently making a significant impact on defense are Foote and Ryan Clark. I'd actually call Clark our defensive MVP to this point.
Lets not forget, Ike is no spring chicken either....
Old 09-24-2012, 06:24 AM   #33
MeanGee2047
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24036

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Ben had 384 yds and 4TD's....anybody that blames the offense is a complete idiot

LeBeau's dogshit pass defense has to go - I'd start cutting tomorrow

Oakland had 3 DB's off the waiver wire starting that weren't even on the team 2 weeks ago and they played better than our worthless bums - we can do just as well....cut every last one of these new Young Gun DB's and get on the damn phone and go get some cast-offs - pronto - maybe another D coordinator around the league has actually taught somebody how to play defense.

Carson ****ing Palmer?

are you kidding me?
Thank you! Our corners suck....the linebackers look to fat and slow and did I mention our corners suck? Why are they playing so far off the wr's? And how does Mundy keep making this team?
MeanGee2047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:31 AM   #34
MeanGee2047
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24036

I blame the defense, AB and the refs....that offside call on 4th and one was horrible....on ref looked like he was asking one of Oakland's lineman what happened. One lineman and 2 in the backfield were moving....that's what happened!!!! Idiots!!!
MeanGee2047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:49 AM   #35
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 View Post
The Raiders.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:14 AM   #36
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanGee2047 View Post
Thank you! Our corners suck....the linebackers look to fat and slow and did I mention our corners suck? Why are they playing so far off the wr's? And how does Mundy keep making this team?
Mundy is horrible - but you know LeBeau won't dare let anyone without 5 years experience play in his completely stupid outdated defensive scheme.

3rd and 4 and your corners line up 10 yds off....brilliant!

If the Jets receivers didn't drop a dozen balls against us, we'd be 0-3.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:18 AM   #37
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersforever58 View Post
No disrespect darkstorm, but to mention showboating just doesn't make sense. Anytime a player is running in the open field the possibility of having the ball knocked out is there. Had he broken away and scored everyone would be singing his praises. I have no problem with Antonio Brown.
Open field? Are you talking about the same play? Brown had like 3 guys hanging off him trying to strip the ball and he kept trying to power on. He had just made a 20 yard reception into Raiders territory and we were up at that point. It was pointless to do what he did.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:52 AM   #38
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

1. Penalties.
2. The Defense (if I can really call it that)
3. Turn overs.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #39
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
the second fumble by AB was pretty bad. it reminds me of mistakes Randle El use to make. Brown will learn from it.

Who do I blame? they lost as a team. The entire team lost the game. That defense should have been able to hold on to a ten point lead. But the offense needs to be able to control the ball in the last quarter.
Good point but we've taken a couple of killer penalties which didn't help controlling the ball on O either.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #40
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Mundy is horrible - but you know LeBeau won't dare let anyone without 5 years experience play in his completely stupid outdated defensive scheme.

3rd and 4 and your corners line up 10 yds off....brilliant!

If the Jets receivers didn't drop a dozen balls against us, we'd be 0-3.
True. We didn't beat the Jets, the Jets lost. Big difference.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote