Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #11
steelersfan77
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10585
My Mood: Busy
Default Re: Hey Goodell! Enough is Enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Aaron Rodgers: I apologize to fans, the NFL is tarnishing our game

ďFirst of all, Iíve got to do something that the NFL is not going to do, and I have to apologize to the fans. Our sport is generated, a multi-billion dollar machine, by people who pay good money to come watch us play. And the product on the field is not being complemented by an appropriate set of officials. The games are getting out of control. Like I said in the first week, Iím OK with replacement refs as long as they donít have a direct impact on the game. Obviously last night there was a direct impact on the game on multiple plays. But my thing is I just feel bad for the fans. They pay good money to watch this. The game is being tarnished by an NFL that obviously cares more about saving some money than having the integrity of the game diminished.Ē
You make valid points, now I'll make mine. The NFL is a multi-million dollar buisness and its generated by a lot more than the pockets of fans. The fans bring it with ratings but when it comes down to it the fans have the right to either watch a game with poor officiating or the don't.

Now, you may not realize this but this game has been garbage, from my perspective, for some time. It's been pitty pat play since Goodell showed up. Too many flags? The regular refs impact games by throwing to many. They've also blown games with terrible calls.

The call on the field brought in great ratings last night. Great ratings for the NFL and great ratings for the sports media circuit. The guys on ESPN crying about this call are Goodell homers and now they're eating crow for buying into this soft type of football that's been around for quite some time. Long before replacement officials showed up.

All hail to the greed of the owners.
steelersfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #12
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,468 Times in 2,748 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushHard34 View Post
I won't say specifically they have cost us a game, as calls seem to be bad both ways.
i disagree with that, more like the calls were bad ONE way. 10 penalties to 3? basically 2 because one was a kickoff out of bounds that had to have been called.

they were only calling us for shit, but let the raiders get away with murder

don't even tell me that the raiders played a clean game. illegal shift out in the open, and a number of holds on woodley / taylor that were non-calls, some so blatant i was very surprised wasn't called. one play lamarr got dragged to the ground by a tackle at least 4 yards off the LOS in plain view. where was that flag? but of course, they would not hesitate to throw a flag on some way less obvious ones on our offense
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #13
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,961 Times in 1,847 Posts

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #14
superguy
Water Boy

Member Number: 24399

lol stupid replacement refs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 532347_10151181060598944_2023649562_n.jpg (36.7 KB, 12 views)
Old 09-25-2012, 10:23 PM   #15
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

The NFL shoud get rid of instant replay and just go with the refs calls on the field to avoid all these nitpicky fans

the 70s Steelers didn't need no stinking instant replays
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote