Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #41
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,672 Times in 2,623 Posts
Default Re: Seattle defeats Green Bay amidst greatest Ref controversy of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
it's all over but the crying

NFL Official Statement

NFL STATEMENT ON FINAL PLAY OF GREEN BAY PACKERS-SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAME

In Monday's game between the Green Bay Packers and Seattle Seahawks, Seattle faced a 4th-and-10 from the Green Bay 24 with eight seconds remaining in the game.

Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson threw a pass into the end zone. Several players, including Seattle wide receiver Golden Tate and Green Bay safety M.D. Jennings, jumped into the air in an attempt to catch the ball.

While the ball is in the air, Tate can be seen shoving Green Bay cornerback Sam Shields to the ground. This should have been a penalty for offensive pass interference, which would have ended the game. It was not called and is not reviewable in instant replay.

When the players hit the ground in the end zone, the officials determined that both Tate and Jennings had possession of the ball. Under the rule for simultaneous catch, the ball belongs to Tate, the offensive player. The result of the play was a touchdown.

Replay Official Howard Slavin stopped the game for an instant replay review. The aspects of the play that were reviewable included if the ball hit the ground and who had possession of the ball. In the end zone, a ruling of a simultaneous catch is reviewable. That is not the case in the field of play, only in the end zone.

Referee Wayne Elliott determined that no indisputable visual evidence existed to overturn the call on the field, and as a result, the on-field ruling of touchdown stood. The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review.

The result of the game is final.
The Ministry of Truth has spoken - so that settles that

In other news today, Commissioner Goodell issued the following statement

“War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.”

Commissioner Goodell also announced that the name of the Super Bowl trophy will be renamed as the George Orwell trophy
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #42
Blitzberg06
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11841
Default Re: Seattle defeats Green Bay amidst greatest Ref controversy of the year

Right after the strike
Goodell made the call
Said he needed more Refs
and said he'd take em all
High school, Middle school...
Peewee league too
Just show up on Sunday
we'll show you what to do
Grab a shirt and a hat
from the black and white box
tell your family to tune in
and watch you Sunday on FOX
"Call em like you see em
cause we dont give a crap
we already got their money
and we aint giving any back"
As for the guys that should be here
they can go to hell
I need that money for my boat
with the 20 foot sail
But if the fans start crying
and the players start to fight
well let 3 or 4 guys die
then MAYBE we'll end the strike
Old 09-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #43
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,556 Posts
My Mood: Sad

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #44
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Steve Young Suffers Concussion Attempting To Explain Final Call In Packers, Seahawks Game

September 25, 2012

SEATTLE—ESPN medical personnel confirmed Tuesday that analyst Steve Young suffered a traumatic brain injury Monday night while attempting to explain the referees’ confusing ruling of a touchdown on the last play of the Packers, Seahawks game. “It’s evident that the replacement referees’ questionable, game-deciding call exerted a significant amount of trauma on Mr. Young’s brain and caused him to temporarily lose consciousness while attempting to grasp the rationale of calling that play a touchdown,” said neurologist Richard Spencer, adding that the woozy Young was helped off the ESPN broadcasting set immediately following his disoriented plea for the NFL to bring back the regular officials. "Given Mr. Young's history, this is certainly serious. It’s not surprising that he’s exhibiting signs of cognitive impairment. That ball was intercepted." As of Tuesday morning, Young was reportedly resting comfortably at the Harbor View Medical Center saying that the last thing he remembers from Monday night was Golden Tate pushing a defender squarely in the back and knocking him to the ground before the final pass came down.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:27 PM   #45
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,556 Posts
My Mood: Sad

Is that an onion? Huh. That's odd. Why would you put an --- Oh....

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #46
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

It's basic arithmetic:
NFL is saving X-Dollars by hiring "scabs", however, why are THEY not passing off those savings to ALL the "real;" Ticket-paying Fans, ...?
Becuase they know we are ALL stooopid enough to keep paying,....

Ok, now, as far GB goes.
woah. Mr. GB QB got sacked 8 times !!!, before the first half, (BTW, that remind 'ya of anybody here ?), AND, GB's "O" could only throw up 12 points !?
ummmm.
Sooo, tell me that part, when GB was just supposed to win anyways ???

BAD refs make bad calls on both sides of the fence, Good refs make good calls on both side of da' Fence !
whatever, GB played like the Steelers did against Oakland, and they simply deserved to lose.
shut-case.!
-imho
;)

Last edited by Kanata-Steeler; 09-25-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #47
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,672 Times in 2,623 Posts

Seeing the sh**storm that is raining down on Goodell is great entertainment

Another blast

It's over, Roger. You lost. Your ridiculous little game of chicken with the refs ended the moment that Green Bay-Seattle game finished Monday night. And you can pretend you ended up with the ball, but we all know better....

Goodell put the integrity of his league on the line for vending-machine money....

As I mentioned Monday, my colleague Peter King reported that the difference between the NFL and the refs' union is $3.3 million a year. Well, there are 256 regular season games. The NFL could have the real refs if it forked over an extra $12,891 per game.

That is less than 20 cents for every paying customer....

Let a man do whatever he wants, and he will do whatever he wants. This is the lesson of Goodell's replacement-referee mistake, and it's an ironic one, because Goodell has tried to teach this lesson to so many others. He fancies himself part-commissioner, part-sheriff. He hands out suspensions like Halloween candy.

Well, Roger Goodell has just destroyed three weeks of the NFL season. So what does Goodell give himself? An enormous fine? A monthlong suspension?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...&sct=hp_t11_a2

Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:21 PM   #48
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,072 Times in 2,613 Posts

a tweeter from another towns fishwrap said this morning how in the past a respected veteran owner in the league whould have stepped in and pretty much seen that the commish put an end to this mess. he then noted how dan rooney is now in ireland.

jerry jones was ripped on sirius radio today. he was asked if he saw the debaucle and stated that he went to bed at halftime. pretty much a giant **** you to the players and fans. he dont give a shit. his money is good.

you would think an owner of his stature would take a more active interest in the product HE is putting out on the field on the weeks biggest stage (or 2nd biggest, whatever).
Old 09-25-2012, 05:16 PM   #49
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

i think i take back what i said. I don't know that this incident will cause this to get done. ANY other business, industry, etc, if this happened, there would be an immediate settlement/fix TODAY. It would be a done deal.

But not the NFL. They appear to be digging in harder than ever and even come across as completely in denial. Its unbelievable.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #50
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote