Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 09-30-2012, 03:59 AM   #31
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,694 Times in 2,368 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: ‘Oh, sweet Jesus!’

I might have missed, has any SF righty posted anything about why they like Romney?

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:16 AM   #32
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Oh yeah - deflect everything away from the failure in charge.

The stench from the Obama administration is spreading across the country, it's rotting from the top.

Impeach Obama!

What did Obama know, and when did he know it?

Benghazi-Gate: A Timeline of Government Deceit, Deception, and Outright Lies

This is a legitimate scandal of the highest order. Four Americans are dead, our government is still attempting to cover up what really happened, and as of this writing. the F.B.I still hasn't gained access to the consulate.

And what's the response of those charged with the sacred duty of holding our government accountable?

Mitt Romney, what about your gaffffes...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...itbart+Feed%29

What Did White House Know and When?

“Within 24 hours the White House, the State Department and Ambassador Susan Rice knew it was a terror attack,” said Larry Kudlow.

But for days administration officials called the attack spontaneous, and rather than blaming it on terror, they said the catalyst was a recent film that depicted Islam in an unflattering light.

On September 16th, a full five days after the attack, Ambassador Susan Rice went on television and continued to insist the attack was not pre-planned.

“How’s that possible,” exclaimed Larry Kudlow. “This seems like a security break down of the worst kind and a pre-election cover-up of the worst kind."

“The President of the United States needs to come before the American people and explain to them what he knew and when he knew it”

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49219188

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49186012
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:43 AM   #33
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

I might have missed, has any SF righty posted anything about why they like Romney?

Old 09-30-2012, 08:01 AM   #34
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
As I stated previously, it isn't about Romney. This is a referendum on yer boy. And he'll go down. He knows it. His handlers know it. Bobdole knows it.

If you handicap this race from the standpoint of matching bho's persona, Romney is as illequipped as McCain.

Persona carried clinton, and has carried yer boy to this point. clinton enjoyed an almost Eisenhower eight years in terms of events that shape a presidency. His only crises were of his own doing and he skated through them, albeit at a considerable cost in cruise missiles.

Persona is all yer boy brought to the table, aside from an agenda to destroy the Republic. A significant number of our countrymen have come to realize both and will quietly go about the business of removing him on November 6th.

Why do I like Romney? He isn't bho, and he has the requisite skills and experience to actually do the job at hand. Yer boy has demonstrated that he doesn't. Romney will triage the wreckage, make the hard decisions, and right the ship in his utterly unspectacular manner. But that is precisely what the Republic needs after four years of a campus radical's wet dream.

BTW, I'm a "righty" only in contrast to how far left this society has slithered.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:24 AM   #35
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
As I stated previously, it isn't about Romney. This is a referendum on yer boy. And he'll go down. He knows it. His handlers know it. Bobdole knows it.

If you handicap this race from the standpoint of matching bho's persona, Romney is as illequipped as McCain.

Persona carried clinton, and has carried yer boy to this point. clinton enjoyed an almost Eisenhower eight years in terms of events that shape a presidency. His only crises were of his own doing and he skated through them, albeit at a considerable cost in cruise missiles.

Persona is all yer boy brought to the table, aside from an agenda to destroy the Republic. A significant number of our countrymen have come to realize both and will quietly go about the business of removing him on November 6th.

Why do I like Romney? He isn't bho, and he has the requisite skills and experience to actually do the job at hand. Yer boy has demonstrated that he doesn't. Romney will triage the wreckage, make the hard decisions, and right the ship in his utterly unspectacular manner. But that is precisely what the Republic needs after four years of a campus radical's wet dream.

BTW, I'm a "righty" only in contrast to how far left this society has slithered.
You already have the hate Obama vote. That won't get it done. You need to inspire the middle with something. Good luck.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #36
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
You already have the hate Obama vote. That won't get it done. You need to inspire the middle with something. Good luck.
The "middle" is inspired to save the Republic. You people should poll them.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,

Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #37
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,340 Times in 2,904 Posts

Quote:
The "middle" is inspired to save the Republic. You people should poll them.
Vincent - I know if I just cite to Nate Silver's column in the New York Times on the current fantasy that Romney is trailing in the polls due to sampling errors I will hear bu..bu..but it's The New York Times

Since President Obama gained ground in the polls after the Democrats’ convention, it has been the Republicans’ turn to make the same accusations. Some have said that the polls are “oversampling” Democrats and producing results that are biased in Mr. Obama’s favor. One Web site, unskewedpolls.com, contends that even Fox News is part of the racket in what it says is a “trend of skewed polls that oversample Democratic voters to produce results favorable for the president.”

The criticisms are largely unsound, especially when couched in terms like “oversampling,” which implies that pollsters are deliberately rigging their samples.
On the whole, it is reasonably impressive how unbiased the polls have been. In both presidential and Senate races, the bias has been less than a full percentage point over the long run, and it has run in opposite directions....

That does not mean the pollsters will necessarily get this particular election right. Years like 1980 suggest that there are sometimes errors in the polls that are much larger than can be explained through sampling error alone. The probability estimates you see attached to the FiveThirtyEight forecasts are based on how the polls have performed historically in practice, and not how well they claim to do in theory.

But if there is such an error, the historical evidence suggests that it is about equally likely to run in either direction.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes...partisan-bias/

Instead I will link to this response from Gallup, the polling site to which you link from time to time when it supports your views, on allegations of sampling bias

The discussion of the party identification composition of poll samples comes up in every presidential election with which I've been involved. Interested observers often opine that when a given poll shows that Candidate X is ahead, it cannot be correct because there is a higher percentage of voters who identify with Candidate X’s party in the sample than there should be, based on comparison to some previous standard.

There are several reasons why this is a faulty approach to evaluating a poll's results.

http://pollingmatters.gallup.com/201...-focus-on.html
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #38
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Vincent - I know if I just cite to Nate Silver's column in the New York Times on the current fantasy that Romney is trailing in the polls due to sampling errors I will hear bu..bu...
The only poll that matters is the one they take on November 6th. All else is "market analysis" used to separate high net worth individuals and interested entities from their cash.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-30-2012, 10:20 AM   #39
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,340 Times in 2,904 Posts

Quote:
The only poll that matters is the one they take on November 6th. .
We are in agreement that polls do not matter in the long run(except in selecting which teams play for the BCS championship)

Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote