Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 06-16-2005, 04:41 PM   #51
figg
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 416
Default Re: cincybengals.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Figg please accept my deepest apologies! I was brain dead for a minute! I did edit my thread.
thats alright shit happens
figg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 05:45 PM   #52
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Cats
What do you mean totally ignorant isn't everything I said true? Figg didn't even argue Big Ben was a liar and I proved over and over he's a choker
1st off...I wouldn't say Ben finishing a season in which the 1st game he lost was the AFC Championships to the Super Bowl Champs (who he beat earlier in the season) is exactly choking....when you guys make it that far...then you will have some room to talk. Wait didn't he beat both teams back-to-back that were in the SB??? Yah I thought so. So can Palmer put that on his resume? How many post seasons has Palmer seen? How about the rest of the Bengals???
Oh and by the way....Ben will have an expanded playbook (he's not a rookie anymore) and he has a better feel of our offense and opposing defenses. I'm not saying Palmer isn't decent now, and isn't going to be a good QB in years to come (but he has proven nothing yet-bottom line) 8-8 isn't exactly a spectacular year...yah an improvement for you, but for most of the teams in the league, a pretty shitty season (yah, I wouldn't be too happy if it was the Steelers). I live in Dayton, OH and every year before the season starts, I hear how awesome you guys are going to be and that you guys are going to the SB...then reality sets in, and I can't find many people here that will even admit to being a Bengal fan.
AND NO I DON'T THINK YOU PROVED ANYTHING ABOUT BEN CHOKING...SORRY...a rookie lost in the AFCC...which you and your team know nothing about!
Old 06-16-2005, 05:50 PM   #53
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
1st off...I wouldn't say Ben finishing a season in which the 1st game he lost was the AFC Championships to the Super Bowl Champs
The bungals should wish to have 1/2 as much success in the career that Palmer will have in the league... let alone what Ben has done and will continue to do for us. We arent one of the most respected teams and with THE most respected front office in the league for nothing. We surround our QB w/ a great supporting cast and stellar defense...but then you wouldnt be able to understand that concept since your team is perenially surrounded by misfits and second rate players.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 12:49 AM   #54
Go_Cats
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 418

Quote:
Figg please accept my deepest apologies! I was brain dead for a minute! I did edit my thread.
Seems like you've been that way for more than a minute
Old 06-17-2005, 12:51 AM   #55
Go_Cats
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 418

[QUOTE=bigbensgirl7]Wait didn't he beat both teams back-to-back that were in the SB??? QUOTE]
That's exactly my point, he handled both teams quite easily, than when the playoffs comes around......
Old 06-17-2005, 03:45 AM   #56
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Big Ctas they actually show the playoffs in Cinci, what the hell is the sense? Football is over by Nov for you. It really shows how bad your team is when an 8-8 season gets you guys all fired up like you think your something. Its been years, get back to the bottom where you belong
Old 06-17-2005, 06:36 PM   #57
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

[QUOTE=Go_Cats]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7
Wait didn't he beat both teams back-to-back that were in the SB??? QUOTE]
That's exactly my point, he handled both teams quite easily, than when the playoffs comes around......
Pretty damn good if you ask me... If'd you have said Ben is gonna go 15-1 and beat the 2 eventual super bowl teams, and at the time, the last 2 unbeatens in the league......We'd have been pretty estatic w/ that. Granted we'd have been upset at knowing we werent gonna be in the big dance, but at the same time, there's no Steeler fan that had expectations to have a season like we did, when Ben first stepped onto the field against the Ratbirds when Tommy went down. We hoped he'd do well and have success and improve as the year went on and we knew we had a top notch running game, WR, OL, and defense....but nobody (except our Fearless leader Mike) predicted him to break out like he did. Credit him and the Front office for drafting him.

He's gonna be a thorn in the side of the rest of the AFCN for a LONG LONG time..
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 07:23 PM   #58
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420

[QUOTE=BlitzburghRockCity]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Cats

Pretty damn good if you ask me... If'd you have said Ben is gonna go 15-1 and beat the 2 eventual super bowl teams, and at the time, the last 2 unbeatens in the league......We'd have been pretty estatic w/ that. Granted we'd have been upset at knowing we werent gonna be in the big dance, but at the same time, there's no Steeler fan that had expectations to have a season like we did, when Ben first stepped onto the field against the Ratbirds when Tommy went down. We hoped he'd do well and have success and improve as the year went on and we knew we had a top notch running game, WR, OL, and defense....but nobody (except our Fearless leader Mike) predicted him to break out like he did. Credit him and the Front office for drafting him.

He's gonna be a thorn in the side of the rest of the AFCN for a LONG LONG time..
Ben didn't do crap last season it was all on the bus, hell akili smith would be the best if he played behind the bus.
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 07:30 PM   #59
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Ben didn't do crap last season it was all on the bus, hell akili smith would be the best if he played behind the bus.[/QUOTE]

When if you don`t need a qb, then how come you guys suck, even when you had AllPro Corey Dillion?

You guys have come up with NO facts yet. I don`t get it? I thought you fags knew football.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:34 PM   #60
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420

Quote:
Ben didn't do crap last season it was all on the bus, hell akili smith would be the best if he played behind the bus.
When if you don`t need a qb, then how come you guys suck, even when you had AllPro Corey Dillion?

You guys have come up with NO facts yet. I don`t get it? I thought you fags knew football.[/QUOTE]

Corey Dillon was stuck on himself he wasn't worried about the team, and as I have always said you can't build a winning team with a losing coach. Which we had ever since Paul Brown died. What is your teams excuse for recent losing seasons?
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote