Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
Vincent
Team President
Supporter
 
Vincent's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: People's Republic of North Carolina
Posts: 2,485
Member Number: 10927
Thanks: 13
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default 4 Circulation

Veterans: Please forward to your lists. High Priority!

More than 1,000 American soldiers have lost their lives in Afghanistan in the last 27 months. This is more than the combined total of the nine years before.

Thirty have died in August. During the last month, over 50 additional NATO and US servicemen have been murdered, inside jobs by those who are hired to be a force for good in Afghanistan.

The commander in chief is AWOL. Not a peep, although he ordered the White House flag flown at half staff for the Sikhs that were killed. There is a deep disgust, a fury, growing in the ranks of the military against the indifferent incompetence of this president.

It has taken on a dangerous tone. No one knows what to do about him, but the anger runs deep as the deaths continue with no strategic end in sight to the idiocy of this war.

Obama has had 4 years to end this futile insanity, during which time he has vacationed, golfed, campaigned, and generally ignored the plight of our men and women in uniform.

But, there is now a movement afoot in the armed services to launch a massive get out the vote drive against this president.

Not just current active duty types, but the National Guard, Reserves, the retired, and all other prior service members. This is no small special interest group, but many millions of veterans who can have an enormous impact on the outcome of the November election if they all respond.

The million military retirees in Florida alone could mean an overwhelming victory in that state if they all show up at the polls. It might not keep another one hundred U.S. troops from dying between now and November, but a turn out to vote by the military against this heart breaking lack of leadership can make a powerful statement that hastens a change to the indifference of this shallow little man who just lets our soldiers die.
__________________

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter
 
Vis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SC
Posts: 7,581
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5117
Thanks: 605
Thanked 4,687 Times in 2,365 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: 4 Circulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Veterans: Please forward to your lists. High Priority!

More than 1,000 American soldiers have lost their lives in Afghanistan in the last 27 months. This is more than the combined total of the nine years before.

Thirty have died in August. During the last month, over 50 additional NATO and US servicemen have been murdered, inside jobs by those who are hired to be a force for good in Afghanistan.

The commander in chief is AWOL. Not a peep, although he ordered the White House flag flown at half staff for the Sikhs that were killed. There is a deep disgust, a fury, growing in the ranks of the military against the indifferent incompetence of this president.

It has taken on a dangerous tone. No one knows what to do about him, but the anger runs deep as the deaths continue with no strategic end in sight to the idiocy of this war.

Obama has had 4 years to end this futile insanity, during which time he has vacationed, golfed, campaigned, and generally ignored the plight of our men and women in uniform.

But, there is now a movement afoot in the armed services to launch a massive get out the vote drive against this president.

Not just current active duty types, but the National Guard, Reserves, the retired, and all other prior service members. This is no small special interest group, but many millions of veterans who can have an enormous impact on the outcome of the November election if they all respond.

The million military retirees in Florida alone could mean an overwhelming victory in that state if they all show up at the polls. It might not keep another one hundred U.S. troops from dying between now and November, but a turn out to vote by the military against this heart breaking lack of leadership can make a powerful statement that hastens a change to the indifference of this shallow little man who just lets our soldiers die.
And yet McCain wants to stay forever and Romney wants to attack Iran. How will the GOP plan save the lives of service men and women with those ideas?
__________________


All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #3
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,354
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 1,993
Thanked 6,311 Times in 2,893 Posts
Default Re: 4 Circulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post

The commander in chief is AWOL. Not a peep, although he ordered the White House flag flown at half staff for the Sikhs that were killed. There is a deep disgust, a fury, growing in the ranks of the military against the indifferent incompetence of this president.
You mean the war wasn't won 8 years ago?

Republican platform 2004

Afghanistan is liberated and the American people are safer
Today, Afghanistan is a world away from the nightmare of the Taliban. Twenty-eight million people are free. That country has a good and just president. Boys and girls are being educated. Women are respected. Many refugees have returned home to rebuild their country, and a presidential election is scheduled for this fall. The terror camps are closed and the Afghan government is helping us to hunt the Taliban and terrorists in remote regions. A threat has been removed, and the American people are safer.


http://www.ontheissues.org/celeb/Rep...ar_+_Peace.htm
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Potataho
Posts: 14,068
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 1,588
Thanked 4,745 Times in 1,784 Posts
Default Re: 4 Circulation

Leading from behind and denying there are such thing as terrorists. It's workplace violence and bumps in the road.
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:15 PM   #5
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter
 
Vis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SC
Posts: 7,581
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5117
Thanks: 605
Thanked 4,687 Times in 2,365 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: 4 Circulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
Leading from behind and denying there are such thing as terrorists. It's workplace violence and bumps in the road.

Other than it being your favorite catch phrase, what do you mean, "leading from behind" as it relates to Afghanistan?
__________________


All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #6
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Potataho
Posts: 14,068
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 1,588
Thanked 4,745 Times in 1,784 Posts
Default Re: 4 Circulation

actually my favorite catch phrase is "you didn't build that!"
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #7
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter
 
Vis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SC
Posts: 7,581
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5117
Thanks: 605
Thanked 4,687 Times in 2,365 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: 4 Circulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
actually my favorite catch phrase is "you didn't build that!"
"So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. Thatís how we funded the G.I. Bill. Thatís how we created the middle class. Thatís how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. Thatís how we invented the Internet. Thatís how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and thatís the reason Iím running for President -- because I still believe in that idea. Youíre not on your own, weíre in this together."
__________________


All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #8
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter
 
Vis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SC
Posts: 7,581
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5117
Thanks: 605
Thanked 4,687 Times in 2,365 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: 4 Circulation

Here's what should be circulated:


Sep 27 2012
Mystery Republican Blocks Cost of Living Adjustment for Disabled Veterans
Mystery Republican Blocks Cost of Living Adjustment for Disabled Veterans

(Washington, D.C.) – Today, U.S. Senator Patty Murray, Chairman of the Senate Veteran’s Affairs Committee, announced that an as yet unnamed Senate Republican has blocked a traditionally non-controversial bill that would provide over 3.9 million veterans and their survivors with a Cost-of-Living Adjustment (COLA) for the benefits they receive. The COLA increase, which is designed to offset inflation and other factors that lead to the rising cost of living, was brought to the Senate floor by Senator Murray last Thursday. The bill was cleared by all Senate Democrats but was blocked by at least one Senate Republican that has not come forward to claim responsibility.

“This is stunning” said Senator Murray. “Particularly because we still don’t have any indication why someone would block a cost-of-living adjustment for veterans and their surviving spouses, many of whom are struggling to make ends meet. This adjustment for our disabled veterans is hard earned and well deserved. My hope is that whichever Senator has decided to hold up this bill will at least come forward to own up to it. That way we can move forward to overcome their opposition and get our veterans the support they need.”

The Veterans COLA will affect several important benefits, including veterans’ disability compensation and dependency and indemnity compensation for surviving spouses and children. The COLA rate will match the annual increase provided to Social Security recipients and is based on the Bureau of Labor Statistics Consumer Price Index.

While it is one senator who requested the hold, Mitch McConnell and the Senate Republican leadership had to be notified of his intention to prevent a bill that would have provided a cost of living adjustment for disabled veterans, surviving spouses and children of members of our military who died while serving their country.
__________________


All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #9
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 
steelax04's Avatar
 
HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,471
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12182
Thanks: 343
Thanked 706 Times in 325 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: 4 Circulation

Note: Not directed at this thread or specific posts... just an observation of how things are going in general in this country...

This back and forth of "who is worse" is total bullshit. Both sides are ****-ups and really aren't that much different right now. Voting 33 times to repeal the Affordable Care Act?!? Seriously? Move on and get some real ****ing work done. If I brought the same idea to my boss 33 times in a year, my ass would be fired!

"Waste" your vote on someone different, like Gary Johnson, Ron Paul (I know he's not on the ballot, just saying...), etc that may actually have a shot at bringing actual change. Even if it's not change with legislation, it will be change with the status quo thinking of the American people of who "should" be in office (Rep or Dem).

Then again, I may just be too optimistic and the American people really are that blind and dumb. Bitch and complain about governement, politicians, etc and have a huge opportunity to show we won't stand for it anymore, but it will still be the same old Republican and Democrat party going on in Washington. We (the American people) have nobody to blame but ourselves. That's what the majority of people don't see... we got ourselves into this mess and we have a glowing opportunity to get ourselves out of it. /rant

Last edited by steelax04; 09-27-2012 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Clarification
steelax04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:14 PM   #10
Vincent
Team President
Supporter
 
Vincent's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: People's Republic of North Carolina
Posts: 2,485
Member Number: 10927
Thanks: 13
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: 4 Circulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelax04 View Post
This back and forth of "who is worse" is total bullshit. Both sides are ****-ups and really aren't that much different right now.
Au contraire...

[YOUTUBE]nWVL7TptQ24[/YOUTUBE]
__________________

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts