Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #1
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,293 Times in 1,827 Posts
Default Kentucky restaurant shut down after roadkill found in kitchen

this is exactly why i won't eat at chinese restaurants . i remember a few years back a co worker got chicken wings from a chinese joint in DC . he ate the first ...."wing"...and asked me if i'd ever seen a chicken bone that looked like that.... i've ate my share of chinkens and what he had was defintely not a chicken bone !!!

Quote:
Kentucky restaurant shut down after roadkill found in kitchen

Customers at the Red Flower Chinese Restaurant in Williamsburg, Ky., alerted authorities after they spotted something they probably wish they hadn't: restaurant employees wheeling roadkill back to the kitchen.
Local CBS affiliate WYMT interviewed the witnesses. The roadkill was apparently a deer stuffed into a trash can. "There was actually a blood trail they were mopping up behind the garbage can," customer Katie Hopkins said. "There was like a tail, and like a foot and a leg sticking out of the garbage can, and they wheeled it straight back into the kitchen."
Local health inspector Paul Lawson was called in to investigate. Lawson said the restaurant owners told him they didn't know they were doing anything wrong. "They said they didn't know they weren't allowed to do that. So that makes me concerned that maybe they could have before. They didn't admit to doing it before." The owner said he didn't plan to serve the deer to customers—instead he planned to use it to feed his family.
The restaurant has been temporarily shut down but will be eligible to reopen as soon as it passes another health inspection and proves it has been washed and sanitized.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...160225525.html

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,079 Times in 4,583 Posts
Default Re: Kentucky restaurant shut down after roadkill found in kitchen

shoot, here we dont call deer "roadkill", we call it "meat".

roadkill is coyotes, jackrabbits, armadillos, and snakes (shit that would probably go over real great if i opened an "american food" restraunt in china).
Old 10-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,293 Times in 1,827 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
shoot, here we dont call deer "roadkill", we call it "meat".

roadkill is coyotes, jackrabbits, armadillos, and snakes (shit that would probably go over real great if i opened an "american food" restraunt in china).
i've got no problem with tossin one in the trunk i just hit...makes up for my $50 deductible..... but i know how long that deer's been dead ...with higher temperatures you better get that deer dressed and in the freezer quick.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #4
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,463 Times in 2,382 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
this is exactly why i won't eat at chinese restaurants . i remember a few years back a co worker got chicken wings from a chinese joint in DC . he ate the first ...."wing"...and asked me if i'd ever seen a chicken bone that looked like that.... i've ate my share of chinkens and what he had was defintely not a chicken bone !!!

Should have told your friend it was a baculum bone.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote