Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #1
WVABE
Team Captain
 
3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 767
Member Number: 24111
Thanks: 625
Thanked 529 Times in 250 Posts
Default NFL didn't like my idea.

Two years ago I sent a letter to the NFL headquarters on my take of how the "BY WEEKS" should be scheduled, but they still have it screwed up so I guess my idea twurnt good nuff fer um.

Its pretty simple and goes like this here;

Week 7, 2 teams from each division have a by week, the remaining 2 teams from each division will play each other.

Week 8, AFC-NFC Rival Week, all teams will play a team from their opposing conference.

Week 9, repeat of week 7, the other half gets their by week.


The next year, the teams swap from week 7 to week 9 and keep rotating as the years go by.

This is just to damn simple and makes sence and seems fair to me, but I don't have a college degree so I guess I'm just a dumb ass.

WVABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:06 PM   #2
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter
 
Hawaii 5-0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Aloha State
Posts: 9,235
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24013
Thanks: 8,284
Thanked 10,960 Times in 4,646 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: NFL didn't like my idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVABE View Post
Two years ago I sent a letter to the NFL headquarters on my take of how the "BY WEEKS" should be scheduled, but they still have it screwed up so I guess my idea twurnt good nuff fer um.

Its pretty simple and goes like this here;

Week 7, 2 teams from each division have a by week, the remaining 2 teams from each division will play each other.

Week 8, AFC-NFC Rival Week, all teams will play a team from their opposing conference.

Week 9, repeat of week 7, the other half gets their by week.


The next year, the teams swap from week 7 to week 9 and keep rotating as the years go by.

This is just to damn simple and makes sence and seems fair to me, but I don't have a college degree so I guess I'm just a dumb ass.


maybe they didn't take your proposal seriously after you misspelled the word "BYE"...
__________________
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #3
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter
 
pete74's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: pittsburgh
Posts: 3,281
Member Number: 15921
Thanks: 94
Thanked 428 Times in 225 Posts
Default Re: NFL didn't like my idea.

i like the idea and consider it fair that every team gets there bye so close together. i would like it but the tv networks wouldnt want to lose that many games within a 2 week period
__________________
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:37 PM   #4
lipps83
Assistant Coach
 
lipps83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,186
Member Number: 17725
Thanks: 150
Thanked 397 Times in 206 Posts
Default Re: NFL didn't like my idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
i like the idea and consider it fair that every team gets there bye so close together. i would like it but the tv networks wouldnt want to lose that many games within a 2 week period
Exactly, it all boils down to money and matchups. They don't care how convenient/inconvenient it is to the teams.
lipps83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:39 PM   #5
OX1947
Living Legend
 
OX1947's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,685
Member Number: 723
Thanks: 171
Thanked 1,077 Times in 568 Posts
Default Re: NFL didn't like my idea.

Since there are Thursday games every week now, i would like bye's given to teams the Sunday before their Thursday game.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:13 PM   #6
truesteelerfan
Team Captain
 
truesteelerfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northern CO
Posts: 696
Gender: Male
Member Number: 11218
Thanks: 44
Thanked 37 Times in 20 Posts
My Mood: Busy
Default Re: NFL didn't like my idea.

If you suggested anything about being a Steeler fan in your email - I'm sure it got a quick rubber stamp "rejected"
truesteelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #7
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 14,123
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 19,328
Thanked 20,508 Times in 8,553 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: NFL didn't like my idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
Since there are Thursday games every week now, i would like bye's given to teams the Sunday before their Thursday game.
Good idea... except for the fact that there are teams that have Thursday night games reeeally early... and teams that have Thursday night games reeeally late.

As far as 7 to 9 week byes: that would only leave 16 teams, and 8 games... with Sunday night, Monday, & Thursday taking 3 games.. leaving 2 games in the morning & 3 in the afternoon. Eh...

I would propose that EVERY team in a division goes on bye in the same week. It makes it equitable for all four teams. Eight divisions... which woudl mean starting in week 6... and going through week 13... which is essentially what we currently have (except that it is a mismash of teams from different divisions).
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #8
Lizard72
Water Boy
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 29
Member Number: 24188
Thanks: 6
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: NFL didn't like my idea.

I think you also have to look at what's going on in each stadium. There are teams that share stadiums with other activities and that would force some cities to cancel events.
Lizard72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts