Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-07-2012, 02:55 AM   #41
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 13,703 Times in 5,631 Posts
My Mood: Amazed
Default Re: Harrison this sunday

Steelers plan to rotate outside linebackers to avoid fatigue

October 6, 2012
By Gerry Dulac / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

James Harrison, pictured, and LaMarr Woodley will be rotated to save energy in the game Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles and their elusive quarterback, Michael Vick.

The Steelers might have learned a lesson after the defense blew a pair of 10-point leads in the fourth quarter of their loss against Oakland.

Perhaps, that's why they plan to rotate outside linebackers James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley in the game Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles and their elusive quarterback, Michael Vick.

Harrison, a five-time Pro Bowl linebacker, will make his return against the Eagles (3-1) after missing spring and summer camps with a recurring knee injury. He will be joined in the starting lineup by All-Pro safety Troy Polamalu, who sat out the past two games with a calf injury.

The Steelers (1-2) told Harrison he will be spelled in the first half by Chris Carter, who has been starting at right outside linebacker since minicamp. The coaches want to be sure Harrison is fresh for the fourth quarter.

"I have to come off," Harrison said. "It's no need being out there, being dog-tired, and not be able to do what's necessary to play the position. You want to stay fresh. You don't want to go out there and play every snap in the first half and come out sluggish in the third and have nothing left in the fourth."

The Steelers have a similar plan for Woodley, who has three of the team's five sacks.

They will spell him early with Jason Worilds because they want to make sure Woodley is fresh enough to chase Vick in the fourth quarter. But the Steelers will not have Harrison and Woodley out of the game at the same time.

After the defense blew leads of 24-14 and 31-21 in the fourth quarter of their 34-31 loss to the Raiders, the coaches want to make sure their best players are fresh when the game might be on the line in the fourth quarter.

In Harrison's case, though, it is his first game since the wild-card playoff loss in Denver.

"When it comes down to it, a lot of it simply is because I haven't played," Harrison said. "To actually think you're going to go out there and play 60-plus snaps in a game ... I haven't seen the normal training camp, the normal [organized training activities] and preseason. When you look at it, it's really coming up on what would be my first preseason game."

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz28aO16uaI
Old 10-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #42
jiminpa
Team Captain

Member Number: 20511

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeRK82 View Post
Ravens fan here,

Not here to start at all guys, im glad for that J.Harr. is coming back for you guys but don't get your hopes up that he will be 100 % atleast for a few games but atleast he is coming back.

I can't wait for Suggs to come back but im not expecting him to really do anything productive until maybe 3 games in.

Hope all our Guys are healthy and are playing 100% when we play each other in a few weeks from now. And you guys might agree with me on this one.

But WTF is up with the scheduling Playing each other Twice in 3 wks. I think we should have played maybe week 2 or 3 and then play again week 14,15 or 16.

Now that would have been perfect.
Both teams need that long to recover.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #43
jiminpa
Team Captain

Member Number: 20511

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
As a football fan, you have to put things in perspective sometimes. Players like Silverback and Polamalu have put years in and they put in their heart, soul and body. Their games are not easy to the body. They both play like wrecking balls. I came to grips a couple of years ago that Troy will not be a Steeler too much longer. Silverback, this might be his last. They have had amazing careers, won super bowls and top awards and pro bowls, at some point, you gotta realize that there will be an end. We may be seeing it now.
Exactly why I hated that we were wasting all that talent on offense for the past five years. We could have had a shutdown defense and a top five offense, and chose not to address the glaring offensive issue. It actually disappoints me in sympathy for the defensive players who had to go out and rescue the offense game after game, year after year, and then have the offense put them in the position to give up the winning score.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote