Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-10-2012, 07:48 AM   #91
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: presidential debate

Suffolk Calls NC, VA, FL For Romney, Will No Longer Poll States

David Paleologos, director of the Suffolk University Research Center, says his polling organization will no longer take anymore presidential polls in the states of North Carolina, Virginia and Florida.

"In places like North Carolina, Virginia and Florida, we've already painted those red. We're not polling any of those states again. We're focusing on the remaining states"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...ll_states.html

----------------------------

"They stole the election again!!!"
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #92
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,809 Times in 2,684 Posts

Fox News anchor Bill O’Reilly seemed perplexed, and asked Paleologos if he was certain those three states were already in the bag for Romney.

That’s right and here’s why. Before the debate, the Suffolk poll had Obama ahead 46 to 43 [in Florida] in the head-to-head number,” Paleologos responded.

“A poor place to be for a couple of reasons. Number one, his ballot test, his head-to-head number was below 47 percent before the debate, and it’s very, very difficult when you have the known quantity, the incumbent, to claw your way up to 50. So that was a very, very poor place for him to be.”

“So we’re looking at this polling data not only in Florida but in Virginia and North Carolina and it’s overwhelming,” Paleologos concluded.

The latest Suffolk poll in Florida, taken before last week’s debate, showed Obama ahead 46 percent to 43 among likely voters.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...obama-cant-win

So because Obama only had a small lead it means Romney is so far ahead that there is no need to poll for the next month?

Makes perfect sense
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #93
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

the hysterical left never fails to entertain

Angst grows among President Obama's supporters

First came the nausea. Then came the anxiety.

After months of watching Mitt Romney twist in the media glare, a growing number of President Barack Obama’s supporters — though confined for now to a noisy minority of liberals — are peering into the Obama-might-actually-lose abyss for the first time after last week’s disastrous first debate.

Some progressives seem to be going into primal panic mode — to the profound annoyance of the Democratic professional political class and an Obama campaign predicting a rebound at next Tuesday’s debate in Long Island.

“That’s my party: Irrational overconfidence followed by irrational despair,” quipped veteran Democratic political consultant Jim Jordan, summing up the view of Obama’s campaign and a half-dozen top Democratic aides interviewed for this story.

But a lot of Democrats are somewhere in between — they simply can’t believe Obama could be that bad again. Or could he?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories...226.html?hp=t1

---------------------

(sniffles)

peeing your pants already?

gotta love it
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #94
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Fox News anchor Bill O’Reilly seemed perplexed, and asked Paleologos if he was certain those three states were already in the bag for Romney.

That’s right and here’s why. Before the debate, the Suffolk poll had Obama ahead 46 to 43 [in Florida] in the head-to-head number,” Paleologos responded.

“A poor place to be for a couple of reasons. Number one, his ballot test, his head-to-head number was below 47 percent before the debate, and it’s very, very difficult when you have the known quantity, the incumbent, to claw your way up to 50. So that was a very, very poor place for him to be.”

“So we’re looking at this polling data not only in Florida but in Virginia and North Carolina and it’s overwhelming,” Paleologos concluded.

The latest Suffolk poll in Florida, taken before last week’s debate, showed Obama ahead 46 percent to 43 among likely voters.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...obama-cant-win

So because Obama only had a small lead it means Romney is so far ahead that there is no need to poll for the next month?

Makes perfect sense
Obama's slight lead is an "overwhelming" lead for Romney?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post

Angst grows among President Obama's supporters

First came the nausea. Then came the anxiety.

After months of watching Mitt Romney twist in the media glare, a growing number of President Barack Obama’s supporters — though confined for now to a noisy minority of liberals — are peering into the Obama-might-actually-lose abyss for the first time after last week’s disastrous first debate.

Some progressives seem to be going into primal panic mode — to the profound annoyance of the Democratic professional political class and an Obama campaign predicting a rebound at next Tuesday’s debate in Long Island.

“That’s my party: Irrational overconfidence followed by irrational despair,” quipped veteran Democratic political consultant Jim Jordan, summing up the view of Obama’s campaign and a half-dozen top Democratic aides interviewed for this story.

But a lot of Democrats are somewhere in between — they simply can’t believe Obama could be that bad again. Or could he?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories...226.html?hp=t1

---------------------

(sniffles)

gotta love it
What "Left"? You mean Democrats?
Vincent (10-10-2012)
Old 10-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #95
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:

(sniffles)

gotta love it
Wonder if Mich is going to dump him after he loses. At that point, what is the point?

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #96
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
For depth of craziness the "left" cannot match the GOP in the South

This from Arkansas

In a 2009 self-published book, Representative Jon Hubbard of Jonesboro calls slavery a “blessing in disguise” for blacks, who otherwise would have still struggled as “African tribesmen” instead of becoming the citizens of “the greatest nation” on earth.

“The institution of slavery that the black race has long believed to be an abomination upon its people may actually have been a blessing in disguise,” Hubbard argues in Letters to the Editor: Confessions of a Frustrated Conservative. “The blacks who could endure those conditions and circumstances would someday be rewarded with citizenship in the greatest nation ever established upon the face of this Earth.”...

State Rep. Loy Mauch of Bismarck, Ark., has long made his feelings about slavery and the history of the South through his frequent letters to the editor to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, The Huffington Post reports. In a 2007 letter, Mauch described Abraham Lincoln as a “war criminal,” according to the AP. He also wrote in a 2009 letter that “Jesus Christ did condone slavery.”.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/10/09/...aign-comments/

More insights from Mr. Munch

If slavery were so God-awful, why didn’t Jesus or Paul condemn it, why was it in the Constitution and why wasn’t there a war before 1861?

I would like to thank this newspaper’s editorialist for publishing the tribute to Abraham Lincoln as well as his second inaugural address so that the readers can see for themselves what a fake this neurotic Northern war criminal truly was.

Nowhere in the Holy Bible have I found a word of condemnation for the operation of slavery, Old or New Testament. If slavery was so bad, why didn’t Jesus, Paul or the prophets say something?

This country already lionizes Wehrmacht leaders. They go by the names of Lincoln, Grant, Sherman, Sheridan, Custer, etc. These Marxists not only destroyed the Constitution they were sworn to uphold, but apostatized the word of God. Either these depraved infidels or the Constitution and Scriptures are in error. I’m more persuaded by the word of God

http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog...on-slavery-too

And this from Tennessee

Pro-Life Congressman Recorded Himself Convincing Mistress to Get an Abortion

For some insane reason, tea-party Representative Scott DesJarlais of Tennessee taped himself pressuring his mistress into getting an abortion back in 2000, the Huffington Post reports today. DesJarlais, now a pro-life Republican congressman, was a doctor at the time, and met the woman when she had a foot problem during a rocky time in his marriage....

"You told me you'd have an abortion, and now we're getting too far along without one," DesJarlais tells the woman, according to a transcript of the recording obtained by HuffPo. "This is not fair to me. I don't want you in my life," the woman says. "Well, I didn't want to be in your life either, but you lied to me about something that caused us to be in this situation, and that's not my fault, that's yours," DesJarlais responds. The woman counters, "Well, it's [your] fault for sleeping with your patient."

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/10...-mistress.html
Old 10-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #97
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
State Rep. Loy Mauch of Bismarck, Ark...
Ol' Lawrence was all wound up about Loy last night. He was fascinated with his name. Good TV. Ol' Lawrence doesn't seem to think much of Southern folk. They don't think much of him.

Hey, somebody elected Loy Mauch. But let us not fret over who the good people of Arkansas send to their statehouse. That is their prerogative. Lest the good people of Arkansas fret over who we send to our statehouses. That is our prerogative.

Is this a great country or what?

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #98
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Ol' Lawrence was all wound up about Loy last night. He was fascinated with his name. Good TV. Ol' Lawrence doesn't seem to think much of Southern folk. They don't think much of him.

Hey, somebody elected Loy Mauch. But let us not fret over who the good people of Arkansas send to their statehouse. That is their prerogative. Lest the good people of Arkansas fret over who we send to our statehouses. That is our prerogative.

Is this a great country or what?
A friend of mine from Arkansas says that, given the State's low rankings in most subjects, the official state motto is "Thank God for Mississippi"
The Following User Says Thank You to Atlanta Dan For This Useful Post:
Vincent (10-10-2012)
Old 10-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #99
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts

i know they believe in keeping their race pure, and DONT believe in evolution or all the factual science that goes along with it, but when are these backwoods southeners finally going to realize that inbreeding is a bad thing that rots the brain from the get-go?
Old 10-10-2012, 04:22 PM   #100
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts

YEEHAW maw! Romey has jus won da polls an is gunna win da erectshun! grab my banjo! i gots to go to work unlike dem 47% ers!