Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 10-26-2012, 07:22 AM   #201
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 5,413 Times in 2,632 Posts
My Mood: Shocked
Default Re: presidential debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
he's sinking lower every day, the race card is about he's got left...

disgraceful

Obama campaign advert compares voting to losing virginity

"your first time shouldn't be with just anybody."

"You want to do it with a great guy."

It is not until she mentions choosing "a guy who cares whether you get health insurance" and "withdrawing troops from Iraq" that it becomes clear she is referring to the US election and not losing her virginity.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...virginity.html

You want a disgraceful playing of the race card? Here you go:

John Sununu, a top adviser to Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign, suggested Thursday that Colin Powell endorsed President Obama because both men are African-American.
Asked Thursday on CNN about Powell’s endorsement, Sununu said the endorsement might be for reasons other than policy.
“Frankly, when you take a look at Colin Powell, you have to wonder whether that’s an endorsement based on issues or whether he’s got a slightly different reason for preferring President Obama,” Sununu said.
Asked what those might be, Sununu pointed to race.
“Well, I think when you have somebody of your own race that you’re proud of being president of the United States, I applaud Colin for standing with him,” Sununu said.

Why did Powell really endorse Obama?

ROSE: Will you endorse President Obama this race?
POWELL: Well, you know I voted for him in 2008 and I plan to stick with him in 2012, and I’ll be voting for he and for Vice President Joe Biden next month.
ROSE: That's an endorsement for President Obama for re-election?
POWELL: When he took over the country was in very, very difficult straits, we were in one of the worst recessions we had seen in recent times, close to a depression. The fiscal system was collapsing. Wall Street was in chaos. We had 800,000 jobs lost in that first month of the Obama administration and unemployment would peak a few months later at 10%. So we were in real trouble. The auto industry was collapsing. The housing industry was starting to collapse, and we were in very difficult straits. And I saw over the next several years stabilization come back in the financial community, housing is now starting to pick up after four years, it's starting to pick up. Consumer confidence is rising. So I think generally we've come out of the dive and we’re starting to gain altitude. It doesn't mean we are problem solved, there are lots of problems still out there. The unemployment rate is too high. People are still hurting in housing. But I see that we are starting to rise up.
I also saw the President get us out of one war, start to get us out of a second war and did not get us into any new wars. And finally, I think that the actions he's taken with respect to protecting us from terrorism have been very, very solid. And so I think we ought to keep on the track that we are on.
With respect to Governor Romney, I have the utmost respect to him but as I listen to what his proposals are especially with respect to dealing with our most significant issue, the economy, it's essentially let's cut taxes and compensate for that with other things. But that compensation does not cover all of the cuts intended or the new expenses associated with defense.

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:26 AM   #202
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,938 Times in 3,503 Posts

Quote:
he's sinking lower every day, the race card is about all he's got left...

disgraceful
Yep - thank goodness the GOP never plays the race card

Wednesday morning on Facebook, Sarah Palin used the phrase "shuck and jive" to voice displeasure with President Obama's handling of the terrorist attack in Libya.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11747...ite-house.html

Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:27 AM   #203
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

More Powell:

POWELL: Not only am I uncomfortable with what Governor Romney is proposing for his economic plan, I have concerns about his views on foreign policy. The governor who was speaking on Monday night at the debate was saying things that were quite different from what he said earlier so I’m not quite sure which governor Romney we would be getting with respect to foreign policy.

O’DONNELL: What concerns do you have with governor Romney’s foreign policy?

POWELL: Well it’s hard to fix it, I mean it’s a moving target, one day he has a certain strong view about staying in Afghanistan but then on Monday night he agrees with the withdrawal, the same thing in Iraq and almost every issue that was discussed on Monday night, governor Romney agreed with the president with some nuances but this is quite a different set of foreign policy views than he had earlier in the campaign and my concern which I’ve expressed previously in a public way is that sometimes I don’t sense he has thought through these issues as thoroughly as he should have and he gets advice from his campaign staff that he then has to adjust or modify as they go along.

ROSE: Are you concerned about the people that are advising governor Romney?

POWELL: I think there are some very very strong neoconservative views that are presented by the governor that I have some trouble with.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:31 AM   #204
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
You want a disgraceful playing of the race card? Here you go:

John Sununu, a top adviser to Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign, suggested Thursday that Colin Powell endorsed President Obama because both men are African-American.
Asked Thursday on CNN about Powell’s endorsement, Sununu said the endorsement might be for reasons other than policy.
“Frankly, when you take a look at Colin Powell, you have to wonder whether that’s an endorsement based on issues or whether he’s got a slightly different reason for preferring President Obama,” Sununu said.
Asked what those might be, Sununu pointed to race.
“Well, I think when you have somebody of your own race that you’re proud of being president of the United States, I applaud Colin for standing with him,” Sununu said.
As was the case with that dirt bag running for Senate in Indiana who had to walk back his statement that rapes are God's will, Sununu has "clarified" his comment that Powell's endorsement of Obama was racially motivated

A few hours after the CNN interview, Sununu issued a statement appearing to back away from the comment.

"Colin Powell is a friend and I respect the endorsement decision he made and I do not doubt that it was based on anything but his support of the president’s policies."

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2...en-147310.html
Old 10-26-2012, 07:34 AM   #205
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

of course it's true

Do black people support Obama because he's black?

Can a major news bureau ask a more inane question?

With something like 95% of black Americans voting for Obama, this mental giant asks the question, "Are blacks voting for Obama because he is black?"

Obama's policies are of the kind that has destroyed black families and for decades kept blacks in slavery to their plantation masters in the federal government. Blind black support of Obama is powerful evidence that black America is the most racist ethnic group in our nation.

http://lucianne.com/thread/?artnum=706659
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:42 AM   #206
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Quote:
of course it's true

With something like 95% of black Americans voting for Obama, this mental giant asks the question, "Are blacks voting for Obama because he is black?"

Obama's policies are of the kind that has destroyed black families and for decades kept blacks in slavery to their plantation masters in the federal government. Blind black support of Obama is powerful evidence that black America is the most racist ethnic group in our nation.

Posting an article that offensively dismissive of the decisions of millions of people doesn't help your cause.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:57 AM   #207
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
of course it's true
Blacks support blacks but whites altruistically do not base their votes on race?

No racial stereotyping there
Old 10-26-2012, 07:58 AM   #208
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

there won't be any free cell phones at the voting booths

stay home
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:30 AM   #209
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Quote:
there won't be any free cell phones at the voting booths

stay home
Keep mocking that Reagan policy.

Sorry, forgot the GOP was a fact free zone. Continue your baseless rantings

Old 10-26-2012, 09:00 AM   #210
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
of course it's true

these blind libs even try to distort facts. Facts are 95 percent of blacks voted Obama. facts are black men are more likely to go to prison than a white man. They call those statements racism, people with common sense call them facts. Now libs are hanging on to social issues like abortion and Romney denying women their nine dollar a month birth control pills instead of giving Americans the facts on Benghazi or coming up with a plan to balance budget besides taxing the rich. Which won't put a dent in the deficit. The fact that these loons would vote for a guy who did nothing he promised 4 years ago is telling. Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing but hoping for a different outcome. There are all insane by definition. Unless they want the same outcome of doubling the deficit, healthcare prices rising, companies going to other countries because they cant afford to operate here. The list could go on but I think you get the point. The polls are looking good for Romney thank god it looks like some lemmings finally opened their eyes.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote