Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-28-2012, 02:20 AM   #251
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,517 Times in 1,584 Posts
My Mood: Stressed
Default Re: presidential debate

I'm not a republican, and i'm not a democrat.

2008 - Hope and Change.
2012 - Change is our only Hope.

But i'm voting Romney. I don't care for either, but something needs to happen.

US Public Debt when Obama was elected to office: 10 Trillion Dollars.
US Public Debt now: 16 Trillion Dollars.

We're going FORWARD alright. In DEBT.

I'm not a political argument kind of guy, and I certainly won't get all worked up and argue over candidates online for hours at a time, but I believe we need a change in administration. I guarantee, that if Obama is reelected, this country will go to hell in four years.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:26 AM   #252
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Alright. I gotta go before Tony shoots me in the face.

Old 10-28-2012, 03:12 AM   #253
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,458 Times in 1,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Alright. I gotta go before Tony shoots me in the face.

Then he'll blame it on bush.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:17 AM   #254
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post

Then he'll blame it on bush.
Or Cheney.

Old 10-28-2012, 04:01 AM   #255
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
4 years ago - broke ass college student that couldn't catch a break, i got declined for god knows how many jobs I applied for (over 10)

3 years ago - got hired as an intern for the USGS, american opportunity credit made it much more possible to finish my education (obama program). been working for them ever since.

now - graduated, working full-time, officially in the middle class. federal employee (which makes me scared shitless of paul ryan having any say in anything)

leaning obama. not trying pick a fight with the pro-reps or pro-dems, just saying i'm voting for who's in my best interest. if romney picked anyone else but paul ryan maybe it'd swing me his way (since I'm also a stock trader on the side, some of romney's plans benefit me more in some areas)
My drunk post for the night.
Don't give obama much credit for your success, you did that on your own. Just so happens you have a gov job, living off the gov titt.

I've been out off school for damn near thirty years and countless aps, interviews and a few jobs later, never get to comfy or too loyal to an employer. Been there done that and been burned by it, it's gonna happen sooner or later no matter where your at. Your young and are going to figure that out.

For me I was lucky enough to own my own business after all these years and I never forgot what I learned or how I felt or was treated as an employee. I treat my employees as how I would want to be treated.

The uncertainty puts a bind on the future for not just me but my employees. Where I deal mostly with the medical field now obamacare really ****s that up and we get hammered in both holes, so to speak, business wise and personally.
And you say your afraid of ryan, biden doesn't set policy why would it be any different?
Bottom line is do you believe in the American dream or living off the government tit.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 10-28-2012, 07:24 AM   #256
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,820 Times in 2,689 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Mittmentum!!!

For the first time in 40 years, Iowa's largest and most influential newspaper is backing a Republican for president

Des Moines Iowa Register Endorses Romney
it is also favoring a Republican for the first time since Richard Nixon in 1972.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolit...toward-economy

That certainly worked out well

And apparently someone at the paper got their feelings hurt

The paper was at the center of a controversy over the White House making Obama available to the paper only off the record. A blog post by the paper's news editor slamming the White House for its media handling forced the Obama campaign to release the transcript of the coversation earlier this week.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2...ma-147473.html

Read this egocentric blog post by an editor of a backwater newspaper that could not believe it took so long for Obama to troll for an endorsement, agreed to an off the record convversation, followed by a demand the conversation then be on then record, and consider the possibility more than the merits motivated this endorsemnt

It’s important that I emphasize the White House’s decision won’t play a factor in our board’s final endorsement decision. That would be petty and ridiculous

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2007636.html

Uh-huh
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:45 AM   #257
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,629 Times in 2,398 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
My drunk post for the night.
Don't give obama much credit for your success, you did that on your own. Just so happens you have a gov job, living off the gov titt.

I've been out off school for damn near thirty years and countless aps, interviews and a few jobs later, never get to comfy or too loyal to an employer. Been there done that and been burned by it, it's gonna happen sooner or later no matter where your at. Your young and are going to figure that out.

For me I was lucky enough to own my own business after all these years and I never forgot what I learned or how I felt or was treated as an employee. I treat my employees as how I would want to be treated.

The uncertainty puts a bind on the future for not just me but my employees. Where I deal mostly with the medical field now obamacare really ****s that up and we get hammered in both holes, so to speak, business wise and personally.
And you say your afraid of ryan, biden doesn't set policy why would it be any different?
Bottom line is do you believe in the American dream or living off the government tit.
Not putting all my eggs in one basket, i'm planning on having multiple sources of income by the time i retire. I'm a couple years away from my investments earning me more money than my job does, so who knows, money wise, romney's stance of less taxes for capital gains might pay off for me. I'm up over 300% in stock market gains in the last 2 years.

I would say I'm living the american Aream right now. Isn't it all about having the opportunity to get an education and a successful career? I believe I'm doing that right now. Best of luck in your situation, I'm sure we all have our reasons for voting.

I'm not sure what you're getting at with sucking government tit, as if I'm trying to abuse the system. I got where I am working my ass off, you don't get a 3.8 GPA from slacking
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:08 AM   #258
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Here's some blurbs:

Obama on the death of Osama Bin Laden: "I ordered that strike. I was responsible for his death."
Obama administration a week after Benghazi: "It was an out of control protest against a youtube video"
Joe Biden during the debates: "We were never told we needed more security in Benghazi."
Hillary Clinton a few days before the debate: "I take full responsibility for Benghazi."
Obama during the debates: "I take full responsibility for what happened in Benghazi."
Obama now: "We didn't deny any requests for help in Benghazi."
Panetta now: "We didn't know exactly what was going on, and didn't want to send our military into harms way."

Either someone here is lying, or extremely incompetent...or both.
Someone was dragged from a golf course and parked in a chair off to the side while the real people dealt with OBL.

That illustrates this "administration". Everything else follows the same template.

Remember the Gulf oil disaster? "We were on it from day one".

Why would the Bengazi cluster @#$% be any different? Its who they are. Its who their party is.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:40 AM   #259
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,820 Times in 2,689 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Remember the Gulf oil disaster? .
I thought we were supposed to trust in the free market to handle that and avoid the dead hand of government regulation?

Drill baby drill
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #260
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
Not putting all my eggs in one basket, i'm planning on having multiple sources of income by the time i retire. I'm a couple years away from my investments earning me more money than my job does, so who knows, money wise, romney's stance of less taxes for capital gains might pay off for me. I'm up over 300% in stock market gains in the last 2 years.

I would say I'm living the american Aream right now. Isn't it all about having the opportunity to get an education and a successful career? I believe I'm doing that right now. Best of luck in your situation, I'm sure we all have our reasons for voting.

I'm not sure what you're getting at with sucking government tit, as if I'm trying to abuse the system. I got where I am working my ass off, you don't get a 3.8 GPA from slacking
I was just giving ya shit.

I'm glad you are doing well though.

And hangovers suck.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ