Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-31-2012, 03:10 PM   #311
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,214 Times in 2,675 Posts
Default Re: presidential debate

...and year old orange circus peanuts in your trick or treat bags (maybe a charlie brown rock).
Old 10-31-2012, 03:18 PM   #312
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,517 Times in 1,584 Posts
My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
thats it...

for x-mas, all you republicans get nothing but coal in your stockings from santa.
Sure as hell ain't gettin' "change".

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:06 PM   #313
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,822 Times in 2,690 Posts

For anyone tired of Rubik's Cube, try this puzzle

INTERACTIVE: Make Mitt Romney’s tax plan add up!

Romney’s tax plan is less a plan than a set of promises: A 20 percent cut to individual tax rates. A 30 percent cut to the corporate tax rate. No change to overall tax revenues. No cut in the tax burden of the rich. No increase in the tax burden of the middle class. No increase in taxes on savings and investment....

What the calculator does do is let you try and raise the $480 billion that the Tax Policy Center estimates Romney’s plan will cost in 2015 by doing exactly what Romney says he’s going to do if elected: Capping or ending deductions and closing loopholes. The simulation doesn’t include literally every deduction or exemption in the code. But it includes all of the major ones — including some Romney has taken off the table, like the preferential rate for capital gains income.

It will also let you do what Romney has said he won’t do: Raise taxes

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...x-plan-add-up/
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:24 PM   #314
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,458 Times in 1,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
...and year old orange circus peanuts in your trick or treat bags (maybe a charlie brown rock).
And all I got for you is an old crusty Idaho Spud.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:12 AM   #315
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

'Bronco Bamma?"

Parents forcing their spawn to listen to NPR should be jailed for child abuse.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:32 AM   #316
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,199 Times in 2,157 Posts
My Mood: Innocent

October 31, 2012

Latest Swing State Polls
Here are the latest polls from the battleground states:

Colorado: Obama 50%, Romney 47% (We Ask America)

Colorado: Romney 46%, Obama 45% (Reuters/Ipsos)

Ohio: Obama 50%, Romney 45% (Quinnipiac)

Ohio: Obama 50%, Romney 45% (Public Policy Polling)

Ohio: Obama 48%, Romney 46% (University of Cincinnati)

Ohio: Obama 48%, Romney 45% (Reuters/Ipsos)

Florida: Obama 48%, Romney 47% (Quinnipiac)

Florida: Romney 50%, Obama 47% (Gravis)

Florida: Romney 50%, Obama 49% (We Ask America)

Florida: Obama 47%, Romney 47% (Reuters/Ipsos)

Iowa: Obama 50%, Romney 45% (Public Policy Polling)

Iowa: Romney 45%, Obama 44% (University of Iowa)

Iowa: Obama 49%, Romney 47% (We Ask America)

Michigan: Obama 48%, Romney 45% (Detroit News)

Michigan: Obama 48%, Romney 42% (EPIC-MRA)

North Carolina: Obama 49%, Romney 49% (Public Policy Polling)

Pennsylvania: Obama 48%, Romney 44% (Franklin and Marshall)

Virginia: Obama 49%, Romney 47% (Quinnipiac)

Virginia: Romney 49%, Obama 44% (Roanoke)

Virginia: Obama 48%, Romney 46% (Reuters/Ipsos)

Wisconsin: Obama 51%, Romney 46% (Public Policy Polling)

Wisconsin: Obama 51%, Romney 43% (Marquette Law)

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #317
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,458 Times in 1,672 Posts

Quote:
The Obama Campaign Circus: Biden Day of Gaffe

Katie Pavlich of TownHall.com has done a heck of a job of tracking Joe Biden’s campaign movements this October; though, today, it hasn’t been all that difficult. Coincidentally, today is Halloween, but the VP needs no costume to make a statement. He only needs to go as himself to turn heads.

Most of us have probably already heard about Biden’s statement on C-SPAN, saying something about a ‘load’.

Katie Pavlich of TownHall.com has done a heck of a job of tracking Joe Biden’s campaign movements this October; though, today, it hasn’t been all that difficult. Coincidentally, today is Halloween, but the VP needs no costume to make a statement. He only needs to go as himself to turn heads.

Most of us have probably already heard about Biden’s statement on C-SPAN, saying something about a ‘load’.

Pavlich writes,

The circus called and said they’re missing their clown. We found him!

Vice President Joe Biden had quite a day today out on the campaign trail stumping for his boss President Obama. First in Sarasota, Florida Biden said, “I’m going to give you the whole load.” I’m not going to explain what that means here, but lets just say it’s a pretty disgusting thing to say in public, especially in front of a crowd and at an event being broadcast on C-SPAN.

Like Pavlich, I’m also not going to explain why that was an inappropriate thing for the VP to say before thinly veiled giggling stemming from the realization of what exactly came out of his mouth, just know that it wasn’t very ‘vice-presidential’. But, this wasn’t the only news on Biden’s recent campaign antics. Never underestimate Joe Biden’s ability to completely insult Americans of diverse ethnicities…

Biden turned to the group of guys, then, according to the pool report, Biden asked one of them, “Are you Indian?”

“American!” the man responded.

“No, I mean first generation,” Biden replied, “with the further explanation of what he was saying being inaudible to the pool.”

Pavlich slapped that transcript in her article, to which she wrote, “This isn’t the first time Biden has brought up the topic of Indians in inappropriate ways,” as the VP has imitated an Indian accent and also stated to a man of Indian descent that you couldn’t go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin’ Donuts in Delaware “unless you have a slight Indian accent.”

But don’t think he stopped there; Biden also thought he was in Ohio while he was actually in Florida, citing the Cleveland Plain Dealer, one of the major newspapers “in this state.

And yet, that wasn’t even enough for the vice president, the man second in command of our country. Biden was not only out campaigning for his running mate, Barack Obama, but he was campaigning for his own 2016 presidential bid.

And, Biden wasn’t just campaigning for Obama — he joked with a Republican at a Florida restaurant that “after it’s all over when your insurance rates go down, then you’ll vote for me in 2016.”

As Bert Atkinson wrote yesterday, “Just to remind you, if you vote for Barack Obama in 2012, you are also voting for Joe Biden to be the president if something happens to Obama.””
http://www.ijreview.com/2012/11/2096...-day-of-gaffe/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:37 PM   #318
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Old 11-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #319
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,822 Times in 2,690 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
wait....Bloomberg endorses Romney???

Bloomberg asks Obama not to visit New York City

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg told residents at a Tuesday night briefing that he asked President Obama not to visit the storm-stricken city to view the devastation caused by Sandy.

"We'd love to have him, but we've got lots of things to do," Bloomberg said, adding that the president's planned trip to New Jersey Wednesday is "fine."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...new-york-city/
That would be incorrect - but nice try

Mayor Bloomberg Endorses Obama for Re-Election, Citing Climate Change

In a surprise announcement, Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg said Thursday that Hurricane Sandy had reshaped his thinking about the presidential campaign, and he announced that he was endorsing President Obama. ...

Mr. Bloomberg’s endorsement was largely unexpected. For months, the Obama and Romney campaigns have sought the mayor’s endorsement, in large part because they believe he could influence independent voters around the country.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/02/ny...FoaO7qzOuFXFgQ
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #320
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Here's his endorsement:

A Vote for a President to Lead on Climate Change
By Michael R. Bloomberg Nov 1, 2012 2:55 PM ET

The devastation that Hurricane Sandy brought to New York City and much of the Northeast -- in lost lives, lost homes and lost business -- brought the stakes of Tuesday’s presidential election into sharp relief.

The floods and fires that swept through our city left a path of destruction that will require years of recovery and rebuilding work. And in the short term, our subway system remains partially shut down, and many city residents and businesses still have no power. In just 14 months, two hurricanes have forced us to evacuate neighborhoods -- something our city government had never done before. If this is a trend, it is simply not sustainable.

Our climate is changing. And while the increase in extreme weather we have experienced in New York City and around the world may or may not be the result of it, the risk that it might be -- given this week’s devastation -- should compel all elected leaders to take immediate action.

Here in New York, our comprehensive sustainability plan -- PlaNYC -- has helped allow us to cut our carbon footprint by 16 percent in just five years, which is the equivalent of eliminating the carbon footprint of a city twice the size of Seattle. Through the C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group -- a partnership among many of the world’s largest cities -- local governments are taking action where national governments are not.

Leadership Needed

But we can’t do it alone. We need leadership from the White House -- and over the past four years, President Barack Obama has taken major steps to reduce our carbon consumption, including setting higher fuel-efficiency standards for cars and trucks. His administration also has adopted tighter controls on mercury emissions, which will help to close the dirtiest coal power plants (an effort I have supported through my philanthropy), which are estimated to kill 13,000 Americans a year.

Mitt Romney, too, has a history of tackling climate change. As governor of Massachusetts, he signed on to a regional cap- and-trade plan designed to reduce carbon emissions 10 percent below 1990 levels. “The benefits (of that plan) will be long- lasting and enormous -- benefits to our health, our economy, our quality of life, our very landscape. These are actions we can and must take now, if we are to have ‘no regrets’ when we transfer our temporary stewardship of this Earth to the next generation,” he wrote at the time.

He couldn’t have been more right. But since then, he has reversed course, (a bad habit of Mitt's) abandoning the very cap-and-trade program he once supported.
This issue is too important. We need determined leadership at the national level to move the nation and the world forward.

I believe Mitt Romney is a good and decent man, and he would bring valuable business experience to the Oval Office. He understands that America was built on the promise of equal opportunity, not equal results. In the past he has also taken sensible positions on immigration, illegal guns, abortion rights and health care. But he has reversed course on all of them, (see, bad and frequent habit) and is even running against the health-care model he signed into law in Massachusetts.

If the 1994 or 2003 version of Mitt Romney were running for president, I may well have voted for him because, like so many other independents, I have found the past four years to be, in a word, disappointing.

In 2008, Obama ran as a pragmatic problem-solver and consensus-builder. But as president, he devoted little time and effort to developing and sustaining a coalition of centrists, which doomed hope for any real progress on illegal guns, immigration, tax reform, job creation and deficit reduction. And rather than uniting the country around a message of shared sacrifice, he engaged in partisan attacks and has embraced a divisive populist agenda focused more on redistributing income than creating it.
Important Victories

Nevertheless, the president has achieved some important victories on issues that will help define our future. His Race to the Top education program -- much of which was opposed by the teachers’ unions, a traditional Democratic Party constituency -- has helped drive badly needed reform across the country, giving local districts leverage to strengthen accountability in the classroom and expand charter schools. His health-care law -- for all its flaws -- will provide insurance coverage to people who need it most and save lives.

When I step into the voting booth, I think about the world I want to leave my two daughters, and the values that are required to guide us there. The two parties’ nominees for president offer different visions of where they want to lead America.

One believes a woman’s right to choose should be protected for future generations; one does not. That difference, given the likelihood of Supreme Court vacancies, weighs heavily on my decision.

One recognizes marriage equality as consistent with America’s march of freedom; one does not. I want our president to be on the right side of history.

One sees climate change as an urgent problem that threatens our planet; one does not. I want our president to place scientific evidence and risk management above electoral politics.

Of course, neither candidate has specified what hard decisions he will make to get our economy back on track while also balancing the budget. But in the end, what matters most isn’t the shape of any particular proposal; it’s the work that must be done to bring members of Congress together to achieve bipartisan solutions.

Presidents Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan both found success while their parties were out of power in Congress -- and President Obama can, too. If he listens to people on both sides of the aisle, and builds the trust of moderates, he can fulfill the hope he inspired four years ago and lead our country toward a better future for my children and yours. And that’s why I will be voting for him.

(Michael R. Bloomberg is mayor of New York and founder and majority owner of Bloomberg News parent Bloomberg LP.)