Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Training Camp

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 07-26-2006, 07:52 PM   #1
MichiSteeler
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 959
Default Training Camp questions

Hey, I'm planning on going to the steeler's training camp this year in Latrobe for the first time. Im pretty clueless and just need some information about it. I know it starts on the 29th, is the public welcome on the 29th as well or will i have to wait a few days? Around how long does the activity each day last? If anybody could help me out and really just give me the whole scoup on the steelers training camp experience that would be really great. Thanks in advance

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me."- Jack Lambert

Go Buckeyes and Spartans!
MichiSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:00 PM   #2
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645
Default Re: Training Camp questions

Bring a dehumidifier.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:14 AM   #3
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Steelers 2006 Training Camp Information

Please keep in mind that there might be changes to the practice schedule or cancellation of practice because of weather conditions.

The Steelers host training camp at St. Vincent College in Latrobe, Pa. Steelers players report on Friday, July 28 and the first open practice is Sunday, July 30. The final practice open to the public is on Wednesday, August 23 and the team breaks camp the morning of Thursday, August 24.

There is no admission charge for practices at St. Vincent College. For practices at high school fields there is a small admission fee.

Training Camp Fast Facts:

Dates: Players report July 28. First open day of practice is Sunday, July 30. Last public day of open practice is August 23.

Practice Time: Practices normally start about 3:00 p.m., weekend practice times vary. Please check the schedule for those times.

Location: St. Vincent College is the home to Steelers. The campus opens at 1:30 p.m. for fans. When practices do not start at 3 p.m., campus opens an hour before the start of practice.

Steelers Experience: The Steelers Experience normally runs from 2:00 pm to 6:00 when there is a 3:00 p.m. practice.The schedule varies based on practice time. Please not the experience is subject to close due to the weather.

Restrictions: There is no videotaping of practice permitted. Video cameras should not be brought on campus. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on campus. Bags and coolers will be searched by security. No pets are permitted on campus.

Steelers to host practice at local high schools

The Steelers will continue with their tradition of holding a practice at a local high school during training camp.

Latrobe Memorial High School Stadium – August 2 - 6:45 pm autographs, 7 pm practice

Steelers Experience At Camp

The Pittsburgh Steelers will operate their "UPMC Steelers Experience" at training camp again this year. The Experience will be open on days when the Steelers have an afternoon practice at St. Vincent College, where training camp takes place.

The traveling Coca-Cola Great Hall also will be featured at training camp near the practice field. This trailer is the touring version of the Coca-Cola Great Hall which can be seen at the stadium on game days as well as other events at Heinz Field. Inside the Coca-Cola Great Hall trailer, fans of all ages can experience the storied history of the Steelers organization as well as an opportunity to broadcast a play by play call (You Make The Call) of a great moment in Steelers history. In addition, fans can try their luck on the prize wheel to win various team related merchandise.

Autographs:

The best time to obtain autographs from the players is after practice and it's at the players discretion as to whether or not they sign on a particular day. There are areas designated for fans to stand to obtain the autographs. There is no formal setting for player autographs on a daily basis. There also will be an opportunity to obtain autographs before practice on August 2 at the practice at high school fields. There will be no autographs after the Aug. 2 practice. Please see information above for details.

Throughout Training Camp the Steelers will have an autograph booth set up which will be open to fans 12 and under for approximately 10 to 15 minutes after most afternoon practices.

Where to stay:

Hotel accommodations in the training camp area.

Latrobe
Mountain View Inn

Also................

Training Camp Practice Schedule: http://media3.steelers.com/MediaCont...dule_65523.doc

Steeler Experience Training Camp Schedule: http://media3.steelers.com/MediaCont...DULE_65526.doc
Old 07-27-2006, 10:19 AM   #4
MichiSteeler
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 959

Thanks for all the information! But those two links just send me to the regular steelers homepage? So where can i find a practice schedule?

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me."- Jack Lambert

Go Buckeyes and Spartans!
MichiSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:21 AM   #5
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiSteeler
Thanks for all the information! But those two links just send me to the regular steelers homepage? So where can i find a practice schedule?
Whoops, sorry about that brother. Here you go..........

http://news.steelers.com/article/65524/
Old 07-27-2006, 04:23 PM   #6
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Some interesting facts I just heard on KDKA news pertaining to the meals at training camp....

At camp, the Steelers will go through:

75 pounds of beef.

60 pounds of chicken.

100 pounds of fruit.

30 pounds of pasta.

25 pounds of vegatables.

For each player........5000 calories a day.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:39 PM   #7
melroseplace
Team Captain

Member Number: 520

the Steelers organization is expecting 25,000 people to show up for Sunday's practice, the first one open to the public...craziness
melroseplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 05:57 PM   #8
siss
Team Captain

Member Number: 1611

So maybe wait till sunday!

He's ready, Steelers fans. His ordeal over, his return will be complete come Saturday in Arizona, when football again becomes the focus and a career briefly interrupted resumes.
~SI aticle 2006~
siss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:53 PM   #9
vader29
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1533

Quote:
Originally Posted by melroseplace
the Steelers organization is expecting 25,000 people to show up for Sunday's practice, the first one open to the public...craziness

I was thinking of going to see them practice this Sunday but it sounds like it will be really crazy at least on the first day. Maybe later on the crowd will thin out some but I doubt it.
vader29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 07:49 PM   #10
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,846 Times in 2,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
Some interesting facts I just heard on KDKA news pertaining to the meals at training camp....

At camp, the Steelers will go through:

75 pounds of beef.

60 pounds of chicken.

100 pounds of fruit.

30 pounds of pasta.

25 pounds of vegatables.

For each player........5000 calories a day.
good stuff. heres to hoping st. vincents has strong plumbing.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote