Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-06-2006, 12:33 PM   #31
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486
Default Re: CJ 85 and his "list"

Quote:
Originally Posted by floodcitygirl
Come on, Can't Stop....you know that there are many Cincy fans that even feel this way....probably a majority.
Not really...there are a few "old school" guys who wish he would tone down his antics but really the majority love him. He's been one of the integral reasons why the Bengals have returned from the basement. He's helped bring a c.ockiness to the Bengals franchise where not only the team but also the fans expect to win. I'm not saying he doesn't have a few flaws or that he doesn't take it overboard sometimes, but he does most of it for the fans...throwing presents to the crowd as a touchdown celebration at Christmas, I mean who else does that? I've met and talked to him on a few occasions...he's a very nice guy and believe it or not he's very grounded and very thankful to be where he's at right now.

I do wish he would stop referring to himself as an entertainer and just look at himself as a football player, but he works hard and does his job. I can deal with him having fun as long as he continues to do that. As far as his "trash talking" hurting the team goes...I seriously doubt the majority of the league really takes it personally anymore, I mean he does it to everyone. It's just Chad being Chad.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:42 PM   #32
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
Not really...there are a few "old school" guys who wish he would tone down his antics but really the majority love him.
Are you trying to insinuate that I only hang out with old guys???? (lol) I've got to disagree with you on this one. I don't know how it is where you are in KY, but here in Cincy, plenty of people (even under 30) have expressed embarrasement over his trash talking and antics. People that I've talked to, on talk radio and in print. I'm not saying that they don't appreciate his skills on the field, but many do NOT appreciate the negative attention that he brings and would prefer that he let the job he does, speak for itself.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:05 PM   #33
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Are you trying to insinuate that I only hang out with old guys???? (lol) I've got to disagree with you on this one. I don't know how it is where you are in KY, but here in Cincy, plenty of people (even under 30) have expressed embarrasement over his trash talking and antics. People that I've talked to, on talk radio and in print. I'm not saying that they don't appreciate his skills on the field, but many do NOT appreciate the negative attention that he brings and would prefer that he let the job he does, speak for itself.
By old school I mean they think old school...by the rules, by the books, hand the ball off to the ref kind of thing...no insinuations of age. Most of the people I know love him and are amused by his antics. Of course I know some people who aren't so amused by him. But the majority definitely seems to love him...just go to a Bengals game and see how many Chad Johnson jerseys you can find.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:25 PM   #34
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
By old school I mean they think old school...by the rules, by the books, hand the ball off to the ref kind of thing...no insinuations of age. Most of the people I know love him and are amused by his antics. Of course I know some people who aren't so amused by him. But the majority definitely seems to love him...just go to a Bengals game and see how many Chad Johnson jerseys you can find.
Whew...thanks for letting me off on the age thing! (lol) I do go to one Bengal game every year.....funny though, I just don't notice that many Chad Johnson jerseys....just a sea of black n gold!
Old 08-07-2006, 08:41 PM   #35
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelersfan4life
As far as I can tell CJ is not even the best reciever on the bengals.
It seems like every time we play them Houshmanzadeh is the one who hurts our secondary

I hear ya. He has in the past.

PS, love the username!

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:16 PM   #36
Hawk Believer
Team Captain

Member Number: 1580

Quote:
Whats your take on Joey Porter though? There is a man who knows how to talk trash. I think people like that are universally hated by their opponents but loved by their fans. Until they stop backing it up and then they become an embarrasment.

I think Gary Payton was probably my favorite I got to watch in a Sonic uniform. But I prolly would have hated him if I was a fan of another team.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:49 PM   #37
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk Believer
Whats your take on Joey Porter though? There is a man who knows how to talk trash. I think people like that are universally hated by their opponents but loved by their fans. Until they stop backing it up and then they become an embarrasment.

I think Gary Payton was probably my favorite I got to watch in a Sonic uniform. But I prolly would have hated him if I was a fan of another team.
I wasn't saying that that is my position on CJ. I'm just saying that is the talk that I hear around here. People in Cincy generally tend toward the conservative side, obviously there are always exceptions and when it comes down to it, most fans are happy when their team is winning regardless of who helps them get there.
As for Joey Porter, I'm more partial to the Troy Polomalu personality style.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:42 PM   #38
bratsinmybelly
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 2703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk Believer

The Steelers usually don't keep players around who talk alot of trash off the field. Most guys talk during games but we don't usually have many "yappers" during the pre/post game talk. Joey is obviously an exception. His personality really doesn't fit our team. His style of play certainly does. I think it goes without saying that a player like CJ wouldn't make it past training camp on this team. Cowher would dump him before he could get the pictures developed for his "list". As for Porter I really think that his personality will affect his future with the team come contract renewal time. Pittsburgh's always had an eye for LB's and I don't think they will spend alot of time or money on anyone who creates more attention off the field than on it.
bratsinmybelly is offline   Reply With Quote