Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 10-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #41
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897
Default Re: Week 5 heroes & goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
One thing is for certain : our FO is never going to offer him more than they already have. Especially after its become painfully obvious in the last few weeks that we'll have to invest very, very big money in our defense over the next few years (more than we previously thought).
He may get it somewhere else.....but it ain't happening here.
Agreed. He's gone after this year, unless he cuts his pricetag in a big way. On the bright side, next year we should have the salary cap close to being in hand, and get some fresh stars onto the D, perhaps. If DeCastro and Adams pan out, we can maybe grab one more O-Lineman early and use the other high picks for defense.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #42
btaylor179
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15251

wrs dropped way to many balls/ol had to many penalties/never realized mendys worth/ike taylor is still over rated
btaylor179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #43
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

Well Mike Wallace dropped a couple, imo that he shouldve had. However since everyone including Ike taylor is allowed to have a bad game here or so I have read, I'll givehim a pass. Hopefully that is Mikes bad game. Brown had a drop or 2 as well not a stellar performance from him either.

Colon loves the penalties, still.

Now my Favorite weekly GOAT.... Drum roll please.

For the 4th time this year in as many game. IKE "let me just grab'em"TAYLOR. No matter what WR he goes agaisnt he either gets beat or is called for a penalty. Maclin beat him, Jackson beat him. The stats need to start adding in the penalties on PI's to the yardage a shut down corner gives up. Randall Gay has played better than the great Ike Taylor.

Mendy had a great game and deserves the ball, but equally, bringing a running game back didn't exactly provide us with a stellar offense.A win is a win though.
Was that pass a lateral to Mendy? I have yet to have time to look at it, it only cost me 15pts in fantasy, LOL
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:19 PM   #44
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 25,639 Times in 10,397 Posts
My Mood: Dead

DROPPY MENDENDPIN
What a comeback!!!

I must eat some crow: he is really good. [Although, I still say that I would have preferred Ray Rice in the 2008 draft... but, let's not rehash that debate.]

On a day where some players looked apathetic, Droppy was was insane!!! What a difference.

NOTE: I eliminated the nickname Spinny (although, the "spin" is still at the end, as a reminder of what used to be).... and changed his name to Droppy, when he had that asinine fumble. Seriously, he could possibly have run for a 70-yard TD, but instead, decided to bounce the ball off of his thigh. Droppy... why must you do things to make me cringe!?! You were awesome... don't make me angry. I guess that even Picasso needed something upon which to improve.

Great, great game. Purpose, power, and speed. Reminds me of when he shredded USC...

TIMMONS
2009 'Nuff said.

WALLACE
Zero effort on deep end-zone pass

Two other drops, one on third, that would have kept a critical drive alive.

Called for a dumb penalty.

As my brother stated: "The Steelers were smart; they gave the right guy (AB) the money."

I have been a huge supporter if Wallace, but he drew forth my ire today. As my friend & I were texting to each other: "F*ck Wallace!!!"... )at least for today).

THE COLON
Some of his blocks... wow!!! The dude is a beast... with smooth hip turn & fluid feet. Really though, his blocking is what we all envisioned: meeean.

Alas, he held FOURTEEN times!!! What!?!... it was only four!?! Well, it FELT like fourteen.

COTCHERY
Not a goat, but, falling down sucked. That TD would have been huge.

AB
Similar to Cotchery: not a goat, but he dropped (a difficult) TD.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #45
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
For the 4th time this year in as many game. IKE "let me just grab'em"TAYLOR. No matter what WR he goes agaisnt he either gets beat or is called for a penalty. Maclin beat him, Jackson beat him. The stats need to start adding in the penalties on PI's to the yardage a shut down corner gives up. Randall Gay has played better than the great Ike Taylor.

This wasn't one of his better games. I saw some saying he "Shut down" his targets, but really he was lucky he didn't draw a few more PI calls. The announcers a few times rolled replays where he all but had a saddle on his WR and didn't get flagged. There were at least 3 blatant holds he got away with today.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:37 PM   #46
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

Darkstorm:

My point is, as I have been on Ikes ass since Tebow and the little known WR is Denver schooled him. Well the powers to be here cited, "oh its one week, look at all the great weeks he has had here".. Well we are 4 weeks deep now, and every week he has performed miserably.

Your 100% right, he shouldve been nailed a couple more times. He is getting beat 5 yards into the route, and his only recourse is to hold on. His stats are about as misleading as they come.

Last year they argued here that Ike was the fastest on the team. Well that argument doesn't get past the first word now.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:02 PM   #47
defence
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19128

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
One thing is for certain : our FO is never going to offer him more than they already have. Especially after its become painfully obvious in the last few weeks that we'll have to invest very, very big money in our defense over the next few years (more than we previously thought).
He may get it somewhere else.....but it ain't happening here.
Trade him to the Jets. They may be desperate. Wallace is no big money wr. He"s too streaky and today he showed no interest; although he was held on at least 2 or 3 plays that should have been called.

Goats. The refs!!! I know some of you guys jumping on Ike; that was no pass interference just like that personal foul on Mundy was a joke. Bad day for the stripes.

Heroes. The running game!!! Allof them. Job well done!!
defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:08 PM   #48
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,148 Times in 863 Posts

Quote:
colon pisses me off sometimes. yes hes much better than kemo but if he'd cut out he penalties he could be very good.
Very barely is Colon better than Kemo and that's charting putrid territory. In EVERY GAME this season, Colon is nothing but a drive-killer. He might be mean, but he's too out of control and even chokes guys consistently on occasion. Honestly, we need a natural guard on the left side because Colon is absolutley killing us game to game.

Hero's: Mendenhall, Timmons, Worlids, Roethlisberger, Harrison & Suisham

Goats: Colon, Mundy, Keisel, Pouncey (2 very hard hot snaps) and Wallace
Old 10-07-2012, 11:12 PM   #49
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 14,828 Times in 6,085 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Very barely is Colon better than Kemo
Colon is way better than Kemo.

whereas Kemo's personal foul penalties alway cost us 15 yards, Colon's holding penalties are only 10 yards.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:50 PM   #50
pittpete
Starter

Member Number: 5301

Quote:
Goats: Colon, Mundy, Keisel, Pouncey (2 very hard hot snaps) and Wallace
How was Keisel a goat, he was all over the field in the first half?