Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 06-21-2005, 06:17 AM   #11
TheWretchedMass
Banned

Member Number: 417
Default Re: What do the Steelers need????

What the squeelers really need is a head coach who can win a AFC championship title game...has coward won one?....I'm not sure but I don't think so.
TheWretchedMass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 07:42 AM   #12
KeystoneKC
Water Boy

Member Number: 379

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWretchedMass
What the squeelers really need is a head coach who can win a AFC championship title game...has coward won one?....I'm not sure but I don't think so.

Cowher began as Head Coach in 1992. The Steelers won the AFC Championship in 1995.
KeystoneKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 11:43 AM   #13
Avoid LLoyd1975
Starter

Member Number: 376

What it basically boils down to is playing to our strenghts as a team. I hope Ben gets rid of his arrogant cocky attitude and helps this team. He didn't prove anything to me last year. He is not the owner/leader of this team yet. That throne belongs to Jerome. Anyone can be a decent QB when you only have to throw the ball 39% of the time with a squad of pro bowlers around you. Don't get me wrong I am glad he is on our team, but he needs to step up his play. So he asks to have more of the playbook thrown at him,... great. That does not make him any better until he performs the plays on the field. I hope he has the best season in steelers history. But until he does, he is just another name on the roster in my book.

It is not the dog in the fight, it is the fight in the dog......That will determine our destiny.
Avoid LLoyd1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 10:17 AM   #14
Bamataco1
Water Boy

Member Number: 402

Hi I'm new here but I think that to take the next step(win a super bowl) Cowher has to go. I know that this will not be a popular idea, but I feel that it is the right move. Cowher is a good regular season coach. Just like his mentor Marty Shotenhiemer, but just like MartyShotenhiemer, Cowher can't take the next step. According to the NFL, home teams win 75% of championship games yet Cowher loses 100% of home championship games. He is to predictable and to conservative. On top of that the team holds onto some player to far past thier prime ie. Bettis. Yes I know the arguement lok how well he did last season. But that was after almost two full seasons of rest. How much do you think that he has left in the tank? He is way to slow now. His longest runs would have been much longer with a younger tail back.

Last edited by Bamataco1; 06-23-2005 at 10:21 AM.
Bamataco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 12:07 PM   #15
Avoid LLoyd1975
Starter

Member Number: 376

I totally agree bamataco1. I like JB alot but damn the fat man should have retired already. He is way beyond his prime and should lay to rest. And for Bill Cowher....Please learn how to coach in the playoffs or leave. This town can't withstand another blow to the head like we have endured with you every championship home game loss. We should or could have had a possible 9 superbowl rings right now....? I would rather take a fiery rookie coach right from the college ranks right now who feels he has something more to prove than some bum who can't win a championship at least once out of five attempts. (1 superbowl loss and 4 championship losses all at home. Chargers, Broncos and New England twice.
Avoid LLoyd1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 12:18 PM   #16
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420

To whip the patriots ass... :D
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 06:20 PM   #17
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Wow, alot of difference in opinions. We need a ring soon. We have to many weapons to waste. We need Hines signed B4 the season starts. We need Cowher to shrug off the past and Git-R-Done!
Old 06-28-2005, 01:42 PM   #18
atlsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 216

Yeah, cowher needs to do something different in the playoffs, too predictable. i sum up cohwer's playoff performance on the *sshole play call on the 4ht down play were jerome fumbles in the 1st quarter agianst new england. i would have allowed ben to pass/run on a roll out. that same had worked so well in the regular season, why not one more time. cowher is tough, i am stuck with two coaches/managers that get alot out of their teams but just can not get it done in the playoffs - i am a braves fan. it does not get much worse than watching them collapse every year in the playoffs unitl cowher stinks it up! it takes a month just to get out of the funk after they loose in the playoffs.
atlsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote