Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #11
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 14,150 Times in 5,964 Posts
Default Re: Polamalu ruled out for Titans game

Water is wet...

Alas, like Ed Reed & Bob Sanders, eventually, all of those collisions take their toll.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #12
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703

Wow coming from the same ppl that said Deebo wouldnt help our def. But I am sure James out there didnt help. Do you realize Troy had more impact in his one quarter than Mundy had in three, he caused a false start he made tackles, he can cover, etc. All mundy did was watch McCoy get the first down on the first 4th down play of the eagles instead of trying to just tackle him. I would take a one legged hopping Troy over Mundy any day, Troy knows how to tackle! If Troy's career is over, we will know before the season is done, as he will tell every one he is retiring. He has stated time and again when he can not play to the level he is accustomed to, he will stop playing.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #13
Steel_Bus_24
Team President

Member Number: 2886

man at this point we'll be lucky if we can even get Troy back for division games...

And WTF is with this Rotation we have going with Woodley and Harrison.....its been since last Years Texans game that they were on the field healthy together

Also Known as SteelerSpartan

Last edited by Steel_Bus_24; 10-09-2012 at 12:40 AM.
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #14
FrancoLambert
Head Coach

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,206 Times in 652 Posts

Can't declare that Troy's career is over. Too premature.
However, any recurrent injury that causes you to miss games, and then after resting and rehabbing, occurs again??? On a seemingly innocent play????
Well, the writing is clearly on the wall. May be invisible ink to some, but it's there.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #15
steelbad@50
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Bus_24 View Post
man at this point we'll be lucky if we can even get Troy back for division games...

And WTF is with this Rotation we have going with Woodley and Harrison.....its been since last Years Texans that they were on the field healthy together
I could'nt agree with u more, the Woodley and Harrison deal is more important to me then Polamulu. We wouldnt have to be concerned as much about him if our #1 pass rushers played together.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #16
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,844 Times in 2,098 Posts

football is a violent game.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:19 PM   #17
MillerMania83
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10437

It TRULY pains me to say this, but I absolutely fear the writing is on the wall and this could be the end of #43 and his career as football player and Steeler....Time moves on, and the style he has played all these years takes it's toll on the human body, regardless if your are one of the best ahletes to EVER play the game....Troy just can't stay healthy anymore, he just can't....True he played in all the games last year, but if we are being honest, MANY of those games I'm sure many of you Steeler fans out there thought and said to yourself watchin' those games last year just like I did "Where's Troy" even though physically he was out there....And when you have a certain same injury that just keep re-occuring time and time agin, well really JMO, your body is tellin' ya something....Man, I hope and truly pray I am wrong, and Troy finds a way to get past this and continues his INCREDIBLE career as a Steeler, and continues it at a level he his happy with and still contribute to the black and gold winning....Time will tell, and I'm rootin' for Troy as much as anyone, to see him back doing what he does, and doing it healthy....Fingers crossed, lol.
MillerMania83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #18
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,093 Times in 764 Posts

deja vu, he's got the chronic?

Troy Polamalu’s injured Achilles won’t require surgery

March 11, 2011

Polamalu won’t need surgery to repair an injury to his Achilles’ tendon that he suffered last season. Instead, doctors have prescribed alternative treatment and rehabilitation while he is “under the care” of a team-friendly orthopedic surgeon.

Polamalu had already been dealing with a soleus muscle (calf) injury to the same leg prior to the Achilles' issue. Polamalu will not require surgery to fix either injury. He should be as good as new by training camp.

Polamalu initially hurt the tendon in a game against the Cincinnati Bengals on December 12; he returned a 45-yard interception for a touchdown and, after he scored, got up limping heavily. He never left the game, and eventually recorded another interception, but that would be the last we saw of a healthy Troy in 2010.

Polamalu was never the same after the injury. He lost his game-changing ability, as well as most of his speed. He missed two regular season games before returning for the postseason. In three playoff games, including Super Bowl XLV, Polamalu was mostly invisible — making just 10 tackles and no interceptions.

Now that he’ll have time to nurse the injury, it appears Polamalu will be all systems go in 2011.

http://helmet2helmet.net/2011/03/11/...quire-surgery/
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #19
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,110 Times in 2,390 Posts

Gerry Dulac anticipates Troy may be out until November

Whenever a injury re-occurs, especially so quickly, it is never a good thing. And typically the second rest and recovery period is longer than the first. So If Polamalu missed two games and had a bye week the first time, you can safely assume he will likely miss three weeks minimum this time. Now, that's based on if it was a re-injury, which is what Mike Tomlin said it was. Of course, he called it a "re-aggravation," a word I will send to the Department of Redundancy Department.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...rry-dulac-chat
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #20
Steel_Bus_24
Team President

Member Number: 2886

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Gerry Dulac anticipates Troy may be out until November

Whenever a injury re-occurs, especially so quickly, it is never a good thing. And typically the second rest and recovery period is longer than the first. So If Polamalu missed two games and had a bye week the first time, you can safely assume he will likely miss three weeks minimum this time. Now, that's based on if it was a re-injury, which is what Mike Tomlin said it was. Of course, he called it a "re-aggravation," a word I will send to the Department of Redundancy Department.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...rry-dulac-chat
We really need him for that stretch when we play the Ravens Twice in 3 weeks

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote