Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-16-2005, 09:08 PM   #11
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: Did the Steelers.....

The bill was clearly evident during his stint or stink as it were, w/ the clowns.. so yes, the real bill will stand up in the coming seasons.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 10:10 PM   #12
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
My Mood: Bored

Hi Blitzburgh, long time no see. How have you been?
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 12:29 AM   #13
LondonSteeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 403

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeystoneKC
I don't know that I'd get all misty over Belichek just yet. To quote an article from another site:

Bill Belichick at 99-72 (.579), is literally a tale of two cities. His tenure with New England has been spectacular. In his five years there, the Patriots have amassed a 62-27 record enroute to three Super Bowl titles in the last four years. Cleveland on the other hand, hangs like an albatross around his neck. From ?91-?95 the Browns were only able to put together one winning season, and Bill skulked out of town sporting a 37-45 record. Is he worthy of having his face carved in granite? I don?t think he?s ready just yet to be compared with Presidents, but another historical figure springs to mind. In 1925 Joseph Stalin renamed a city on the Volga River to Stalingrad, literally erasing the former city from the map. Coach Belichick needs to do the same with a certain city on the Cuyahoga, and purge the history books of any record of his time there.

Since he lost his coordinators this offseason, it shouldn't take too long to find out which is the real Bill.

you remember as well the browns franchise at the time was in utter turmoil, with the owner not releasing any funds for new players or even to keep players coming out of contract, lets not forget as well there was all the talk of the franchise moving to baltimore, i dont think any head coach could do a decent job in those seasons.

Lets not forget Belichick was on the giants team that won 2 SB's, was the D coach of when the pats made the SB under Parcells & helped take the 1-15 jets to winthin 1 game of the superbowl.
LondonSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 08:40 AM   #14
KeystoneKC
Water Boy

Member Number: 379

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonSteeler
Lets not forget Belichick was on the giants team that won 2 SB's, was the D coach of when the pats made the SB under Parcells & helped take the 1-15 jets to winthin 1 game of the superbowl.
Agreed, but I don't want to give him too much credit for Parcells' work just yet either. As I said before, with Crenell & Charlie Weis both moving on this offseason, it shouldn't take long before we find out which Bill is the real one: Superbowl Bill from the Pats, or subpar Bill from Cleveland.
KeystoneKC is offline   Reply With Quote