Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #1
TheDude
Draft Prospect

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!
Member Number: 24204
Default Ben says it was an Incomplete Pass

Rooney Rants agrees with #7. that was clearly an incomplete pass. Good thing i had some tin foil because Duder began to think the fix was in.

if you look at this view, it clearly looks like an incomplete pass

TheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
Default Re: Ben says it was an Incomplete Pass

Well 90% of the world agrees as well, but unfortunately that cross dressing eyeliner wearing facelift having transgendered ****** of an official Said it was a fumble when it clearly wasn't. Goodell came to new York and told the reffs to handfeed a victory to the giants to make up for sandy. Unfortunately another force of nature that came northwest of jersey, had something else to say about it.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

Brady, Manning, Rodgers, etc...GET THAT CALL REVERSED! BS. I'm still pissed. It could have and most times would ahve cost us that game. Screw Bill Leavy! Hope he gets fined or fired.
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #4
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

That was a BS call. if I ever saw one. You KNOW for a fact-- Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers/Peyton Manning would have gotten that call.

Now, the refs are going to have to make a distinction whether or not your hand inside the glove lost its grip on the ball, even if it did not leave your glove until the arm is coming forward.

They now need to install X-ray beams on the replay cameras so they can see the position of the QBs hand-bones to see if his hand is still gripping the ball or not-- doesn't matter if the ball leaves the QB's hands or not.

What ever happened to the tuck rule?
Old 11-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #5
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

The NFL rule book states: NFL Rule 3, Section 22, Article 2, Note 2. When [an offensive] player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional forward movement of his arm starts a forward pass, even if the player loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body. Also, if the player has tucked the ball into his body and then loses possession, it is a fumble.

http://nfl.si.com/2012/11/04/ben-roe...1_a3&eref=sihp
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:27 AM   #6
CanuckCurtain
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
Well 90% of the world agrees as well, but unfortunately that cross dressing eyeliner wearing facelift having transgendered ****** of an official Said it was a fumble when it clearly wasn't. Goodell came to new York and told the reffs to handfeed a victory to the giants to make up for sandy. Unfortunately another force of nature that came northwest of jersey, had something else to say about it.
thats why i love this victory even more..our team fought through and won...in your face goodell
CanuckCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:45 AM   #7
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckCurtain View Post
thats why i love this victory even more..our team fought through and won...in your face goodell
Agreed. At the time I was absolutely furious and thought it might cost us the game, but now that it's over and we won it makes it that much sweeter. IMO Goodell and his refs intentionally tried to steer the game to the Giants, but even after everything that rat b****** had his refs throw at us, the Steelers were still too good to lose even though they were playing the SB champs in their own house and had just arrived a few hours before the game. Yes, this victory tastes as good as an ice cold beer on a hot summer day!
Old 11-06-2012, 07:29 AM   #8
BlaZeQuietly
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

I do see where the ball did come loose just after his arm was hit, but it appears after it jarred loose that regained a grip, a weak one, but still a grip on the ball, then he tried to hold onto the ball instead of throwing it. What a BS call, the one in the endzone, the illegal blow the the head that bruised victor cruz's ribs was even worse, this one is at least somewhat debatable, that other one made me so mad I almost smashed my tv.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:01 AM   #9
WVABE
Team Captain

3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Member Number: 24111

We had some great 4th qtr Karma though.
WVABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:37 AM   #10
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

In cases like this I like to go by the "Madden Rule": "If it looks like a fumble, then it's a fumble" and I think in Ben's case it was clearly a fumble.

I've never cared much for all of these special "rules" like the "Tuck Rule" or the "Empty Hand" or "The Arm Was Moving Forward" and all that other bullshit.
To me, if a player loses control of the ball before his knee hits the ground then it's a fumble - period.

I think the real argument here would be whether it would be ruled a fumble if it happened to Eli, or Peyton, or Rogers, etc. and that's where politics gets involved and that's what gets me pissed off.
I don't have a problem with rules of any kind as long as they're applied evenly.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote