Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #41
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321
Default Re: Season over

Need a couple bad seasons, maybe, to clean out the deadwood, both players and coaches who have grown stale.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #42
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
no doubt.

it is a disgrace to lose our starting center, right tackle and number 1 and 2 running backs in a single game (and have to sweat out 2 of our 3 remaining safetied writhing around in pain on the field).

oh and ramon foster got hurt as well.

no current coach can admit it, but every former coach will-

having 16 games on thursday night is complete bullshit. that is too little recovery time for these atheletes who play a violent game, especially the atheletes who are a bit older and ESPECIALLY for the road team.

roger goodell and the owners are about 1 thing and 1 thing only, and that is increasing revenue.

as long as it isnt a head or neck injury (or a knee injury to a star qb like brady) they dont care who gets hurt in the process.

i will just laugh at those who continue to blame lebeau who has forgotten more football than any message board fan and most coordinators in the league know.

i dont hate suisham, but i certainly dont trust him from beyond 45 yds. his 53 yarder was a good kick just a yard too short. our special teams are definitely hurting this season. 10 days off couldnt have come at a better time.
I never understood playing thursday night 4 days after...

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #43
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 7,722 Times in 3,220 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdandlong View Post
I think we have a shot at 8-8. The offensive line is completely decimated. Ben has less than 2 seconds to throw the ball. Defense can't stop the offense at the most critical junctures. Yeah, probably 8-8.
8-8 is possible if we can go undefeated at home, but after losing to the raiders and titans on the road, i even doubt we'll beat cleveland at their house.

maybe 7-9. we'll will one road game somehow and go 6-2 at home
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #44
jiminpa
Team Captain

Member Number: 20511

I am not a Suisham fan at all, but he is getting the field goals done this year. The 54 yard attempt was just Tomlin being a better public speaker than head coach, nothing new there. He's a status quo kinda guy. There's no salary cap on coaches. The Rooney's need to make Cowher and Bobby April offers they won't be able to pass up.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #45
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Doubtful

Playoffs are out of the question. It's just stat padding time now.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #46
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,602 Times in 701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillers2012 View Post
This defense sucks!!!!!
Wait!

We HAVE a defense?!
FanSince72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #47
steelbad@50
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14816

After reading all the comments from our faithful Steeler fans on this subject I have come to the regrettable conclusion that we simlpy SUCK!!! Yea I know DUH, Its disheartening to know that we may suck for a season or two more for the rebuilding process to take hold, I'm okay with that. It was bound to happen with so much success in previous seasons as someone said in an earlier post . Then again we could all be wrong and they go on a 10 game winning streak, just sayin.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #48
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
Playoffs are out of the question. It's just stat padding time now.
The thing is, people still have "mathematical optimism". We only have 3 losses, and 10-6 gets you in the playoffs.

So, despite how they've played much of this season, they only look forward and ignore what the Steelers, as Tomlin would say, have put on tape.

As the week progresses, memories of the week before fade and anticipation of the upcoming game builds, spirits buoyed by nothing tangible other than simple hope. By game day, everyone is geeked up for the big rebound game. We're still in this!

And then the team that can't run the ball, can't stop the run, can't stop the pass, has shoddy special teams, leads the league in penalties, and makes bonehead in-game decisions plays another 60 minutes of garbage football.

Not to worry, but mid-week we'll be talking of how we could still go 8-2 and make the playoffs.

The cycle will continue until we're mathematically eliminated. Watch - even if we slip to 2-6, there will be those calling for a running of the table. And if we slip to 2-7, we'll have threads like "Here's what needs to happen to make the playoffs at 9-7".
Old 10-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #49
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 7,722 Times in 3,220 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
The cycle will continue until we're mathematically eliminated. Watch - even if we slip to 2-6, there will be those calling for a running of the table. And if we slip to 2-7, we'll have threads like "Here's what needs to happen to make the playoffs at 9-7".
not here, after seeing basically all of our starting OL, redman, and mendenhall get injured, the team's inability to win on the road even against bottom tier teams, right in time for the tougher part of the schedule, my expectations out of the season are 8-8.

I'll be happy if we win, but I will no longer expect wins like I used to. With that said, bengals 27 steelers 17
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #50
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
not here, after seeing basically all of our starting OL, redman, and mendenhall get injured, the team's inability to win on the road even against bottom tier teams, right in time for the tougher part of the schedule, my expectations out of the season are 8-8.

I'll be happy if we win, but I will no longer expect wins like I used to. With that said, bengals 27 steelers 17
8-8? I'm having a very difficult time finding 6 wins here.

@Cincy
Wash
@NYG
KC
Balt
@Cle
@Balt
SD
@Dal
Cin
Cle