Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #11
jiminpa
Team Captain

Member Number: 20511
Default Re: The Official "I'm so angry" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
I'm not angry...I was after Denver and Oakland, but I've accepted that this is just not a very good team. Injuries have hurt, no doubt, but that's part of it.

Troy is injury prone. Woodley apparently is, too. James is near the end and is injury prone. That isn't luck, it's a trait, like speed, smarts, strength. We have some aging, injury-prone players that can't be counted on.

Keisel and Hampton are done. Why they're still playing is a mystery. Ike appears to be done. Foote is playing hard but he's the very definition of average.

My expectations on the season now are to see young players emerge, but I'll probably be disappointed there, too, since LeBeau will sink or swim with his over-the-hill gang. Eventually, though, Hampton and Keisel will completely break down physically and maybe we get a chance to see some of the younger guys.

That's the only hope there is right now - that the young guys can replace the vets when they eventually retire. Worilds is impressing the past two weeks, thankfully. Want to see more of Heyward, McClendon, and Ta'amu.

Also want to see our young CB's play physical. They did better that way last night, but when LeBeau fell back on his soft zone, they gave up easy tosses.

Maybe that's the ultimate goal of the season - getting rid of DL. He's playing 90's football.
The problem is that when the younger guys hit the field they aren't as good as the guys who are worn out. You can't replace the whole team in one year. There's not that much NFL caliber talent out there, that's why they cut the number of draft rounds. So you do what you can and hope your aging guys can hold out another year. Ryan Clark is over 30 and he is the best he's ever been. As I've said before, this is precisely why keeping Arians around so long made me so angry. The offense is showing improvement, but the only RBs who have any business in an NFL backfield have been injured all year, and the defense needs help. We had the best overall talent in the NFL on both sides of the ball for 6 or 7 years and squandered it with a highlight reel only offense for the last 5 of those years. That would have been great if they gave championships based on Sportscenter appearances--give Godell enough time and he will figure out a way, but for now Lombardi's are still obtained by winning games, and our status quo coach wouldn't step up.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #12
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Re: When you can't beat the stiffs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
like i said before, this game was a line in the sand. If we don't win this, we don't deserve the playoffs.

it's not like the schedule gets easier from here, the first 5 games were the easy ones. now? don't be disappointed if we suffer some embarassing losses down the stretch. and count on getting swept by the ravens again
Agreed, the game in Baltimore and the game @ the NYG are going to be embarrassing as hell. There have been a few games over the last few years that tell the tale if you look back at them, at least IMO. Getting picked apart in the SB vs the Packers (and the Pats and Saints earlier that year) showed every body how to beat us. Then Week 1 @ Baltimore last year was the beginning of the end for the group we have now (and IMO the coach too). Followed by the 2nd game vs Baltimore where the defense officially left and still hasn't came back. I don't put too much into the Denver/Tebow game because we only had a few healthy starters, but some may list that too. But to me the final blow was the Raiders game 2 weeks ago. I'm sure we'll win a few more games at home, but at this point I'm willing to sit a few losing seasons out while the team COMPLETELY rebuilds, it just needs to be done now while Ben can still lead the newly rebuilt team. But this is Tomlin's team for years to come, so not only will we not completely rebuild, we won't fix the number 1 problem....coaching. This notion that "the Steelers don't rebuild they reload is nonsense. This team and a lot of the players on it have had a great run for years, and in the past we have been able to just "reload", but that's not going to be the case this time. In order to only "reload" there has to be a foundation and there is not one on this defense. Timmons seems to have many off games, Woodley can't stay healthy, Hood is average at best, and nearly every body else only has 1-3 years...time to rebuild.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #13
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

In retrospect, we saw the preview of this last season, except we won several squeakers against the bottom feeders to mask our problems. Had we lost to any two of Jax, Indy, Cleve, KC, we may have missed the playoffs and undergone more stern self-examination in the offseason.

The bottom is falling out this year, but it was rotting last year.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #14
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Mellow

Well it was a good run....like the Thing says, it's rebuilding time.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #15
JVip
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24397
My Mood: Psychedelic
Default Re: The Official "I'm so angry" Thread

Signed, it's getting ridiculous..

The thing that irritates me is not getting our young guys rotated in more. They are the future of the team, and I was so sick of lookin at Hampton's face last night.
I don't think the season is over tho, they can still pull it off, and having BB doesn't hurt.
JVip is offline   Reply With Quote