Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-28-2008, 08:51 AM   #1
Stu Pidasso
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Default My son...

So I'm up at 6:13am, waking to the cries of my son needing nourishment. I get a bottle ready, grab the Boppy and a burp cloth, and trundle across the hardwood floors of my home, eyes half open, longing for my bed, and the beautiful woman still blissfully asleep in it. I enter the nursery, pick up baby Jay, and when he sees me, he recognizes The Food Guy, and smiles as big as his little face can, waving his arms and legs. What a sight. People go to wars for that smile. So I pick up this beautiful boy, sit down on the couch, turn on NFL Total Access, and start to feed him his bottle. He gulps it up, while making little baby squeals of pleasure. I look down at him. His eyes are half closed, and he's drinking as fast as he can. Just then, his eyes open, and he reaches up with his little chubby hand, and wraps it around my thumb, and looks at me. We share a moment, that moment of unconditional love only a parent and a child could share. I think I would do anything to keep this beautiful child safe and happy. As he looks at me, and I at him, I say, " I love you."

And without missing a beat, he farts. This is my son.

...And the Bengals suck.
Stu Pidasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:37 AM   #2
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800
Default Re: My son...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Pidasso View Post
So I'm up at 6:13am, waking to the cries of my son needing nourishment. I get a bottle ready, grab the Boppy and a burp cloth, and trundle across the hardwood floors of my home, eyes half open, longing for my bed, and the beautiful woman still blissfully asleep in it. I enter the nursery, pick up baby Jay, and when he sees me, he recognizes The Food Guy, and smiles as big as his little face can, waving his arms and legs. What a sight. People go to wars for that smile. So I pick up this beautiful boy, sit down on the couch, turn on NFL Total Access, and start to feed him his bottle. He gulps it up, while making little baby squeals of pleasure. I look down at him. His eyes are half closed, and he's drinking as fast as he can. Just then, his eyes open, and he reaches up with his little chubby hand, and wraps it around my thumb, and looks at me. We share a moment, that moment of unconditional love only a parent and a child could share. I think I would do anything to keep this beautiful child safe and happy. As he looks at me, and I at him, I say, " I love you."

dude, that's great

personally I never see myself having kids, but they say you never know till you have them........

hopefully he grows up a steelers fan

Quote:
...And the Bengals suck.
now that's just beautiful
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:26 AM   #3
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Pidasso View Post

...And the Bengals suck.
Beautiful Story "Stu." Almost brought a tear to my eye, but fortunately you saved it with a "happy ending."

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:40 AM   #4
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,218 Times in 1,092 Posts

Just wait till he's old enough to wear a jersey. :)

My 3 yr old and 6 yr old were geared up and waving out terrible towels as the Steelers came back after spotting the Browns 13 points this year......truly a great family memory.

enjoy.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:00 PM   #5
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

What a lovely story Stu! Babies are wonderful little gifts from God!

Baby farts are tolerable. Just wait a few more years - you'll be having farting contests with him like every Dad and son do. My nose remembers it oh so well.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:10 PM   #6
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,008 Times in 1,867 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
What a lovely story Stu! Babies are wonderful little gifts from God!

Baby farts are tolerable. Just wait a few more years - you'll be having farting contests with him like every Dad and son do. My nose remembers it oh so well.
Ahhh yes. My 5 year old thinks its funny to neak up on you and fart.

Nice story...Enjoy while you can, next thing you'll know is their mobile and getting into everything.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:47 PM   #7
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Baby farts are tolerable. Just wait a few more years - you'll be having farting contests with him like every Dad and son do.
Son...? My daughter can out fart me on any given day. She's vicious.

Great little story btw. I remember moments like that. I was the one who got a majority of the nighttime feeding duties.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:32 PM   #8
TroysBadDawg
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 6617

My youngest son (11) loves it in the mornings when he gets up. He comes to the living room and usually crawls into his mothers lap, (at this point I have learned don't let him on mine.) He looks blissfully into her eyes and says in the most tenderest voice, "I love you Mom" then he rips one that rattles windows.

It happens every morning, that is why I don't let him around me until he gives his 21 gun salute.

I asked my wife why she allows him to do that, she says mothers are immune, I say they are not all together. He says she brings out the best in him.

Here We Go Brownies Here We Go Woof Woof
Americanos dicen ingl?s, Aprietan dos para Deportaci?
TroysBadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:00 PM   #9
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,150 Times in 1,323 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

That was a great story.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:01 PM   #10
Steeler in Carolina
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1634

Great story. Kids are the best gift ever.
Steeler in Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote