Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod
 
Fire Arians's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 9,637
Member Number: 16570
Thanks: 1,461
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,288 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Some good news: Decastro Running Again

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/10...running-again/

During his Tuesday press conference Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin was asked to give a status update on rookie guard David DeCastro, who suffered a serious right knee injury in the third preseason game against the Buffalo Bills.

"He ran yesterday in a straight line as part of rehabilitation and I thought it was positive," said Tomlin. "I think how he responds to those workouts of course is going to be a critical component, but there is a certain period of time that he has to go through before he is even eligible to come back, so we haven't spent a lot of time discussing his status or his progress. I just happened to look over there and had seen him running."

DeCastro was placed on the Steelers injured reserve list prior to the start of the season and was given the new 8 week return designation. That designation stipulates that the Stanford product must miss at least 8 weeks before he is eligible to return to the 53 man roster. Once DeCastro does begin practicing with the team the Steelers will have a 21 day window in which they must decide to activate him back to the 53 man roster or place him on the season enduing injury reserve list.

The last report a few weeks ago was that DeCastro was able to ride a stationary bike, so the news on Tuesday that he has started running on a straight line is encouraging to say the least.

Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 12,738
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 16,503
Thanked 17,492 Times in 7,391 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Some good news: Decastro Running Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/10...running-again/

During his Tuesday press conference Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin was asked to give a status update on rookie guard David DeCastro, who suffered a serious right knee injury in the third preseason game against the Buffalo Bills.

"He ran yesterday in a straight line as part of rehabilitation and I thought it was positive," said Tomlin. "I think how he responds to those workouts of course is going to be a critical component, but there is a certain period of time that he has to go through before he is even eligible to come back, so we haven't spent a lot of time discussing his status or his progress. I just happened to look over there and had seen him running."

DeCastro was placed on the Steelers injured reserve list prior to the start of the season and was given the new 8 week return designation. That designation stipulates that the Stanford product must miss at least 8 weeks before he is eligible to return to the 53 man roster. Once DeCastro does begin practicing with the team the Steelers will have a 21 day window in which they must decide to activate him back to the 53 man roster or place him on the season enduing injury reserve list.

The last report a few weeks ago was that DeCastro was able to ride a stationary bike, so the news on Tuesday that he has started running on a straight line is encouraging to say the least.

At the end of that run (on Tuesday), Gilbert went to high-five DD, only to blow out both players rotator cuffs.
teegre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,102
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 3,523
Thanked 3,444 Times in 1,635 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Some good news: Decastro Running Again

hahahahahahah
__________________

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #4
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter
 
Hawaii 5-0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Aloha State
Posts: 8,349
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24013
Thanks: 6,886
Thanked 9,262 Times in 3,959 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: Some good news: Decastro Running Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
At the end of that run (on Tuesday), Gilbert went to high-five DD, only to blow out both players rotator cuffs.
__________________
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #5
surcalifero
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 80
Member Number: 13079
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: Some good news: Decastro Running Again

I really hope DD doesn't becomes like Pouncey with all them injuries.
surcalifero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #6
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter
 
Lady Steel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,982
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16396
Thanks: 13,489
Thanked 5,042 Times in 1,955 Posts
My Mood: Angelic
Default Re: Some good news: Decastro Running Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/10...running-again/

During his Tuesday press conference Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin was asked to give a status update on rookie guard David DeCastro, who suffered a serious right knee injury in the third preseason game against the Buffalo Bills.

"He ran yesterday in a straight line as part of rehabilitation and I thought it was positive," said Tomlin. "I think how he responds to those workouts of course is going to be a critical component, but there is a certain period of time that he has to go through before he is even eligible to come back, so we haven't spent a lot of time discussing his status or his progress. I just happened to look over there and had seen him running."

DeCastro was placed on the Steelers injured reserve list prior to the start of the season and was given the new 8 week return designation. That designation stipulates that the Stanford product must miss at least 8 weeks before he is eligible to return to the 53 man roster. Once DeCastro does begin practicing with the team the Steelers will have a 21 day window in which they must decide to activate him back to the 53 man roster or place him on the season enduing injury reserve list.

The last report a few weeks ago was that DeCastro was able to ride a stationary bike, so the news on Tuesday that he has started running on a straight line is encouraging to say the least.

This is exciting news! I'm so optimistic about DeCastro. He's working hard for a speedy and healthy recovery and isn't shying away from the pain he must be going through in the process. That's something I admire and can totally get on board with.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #7
dreegking
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 191
Member Number: 18661
Thanks: 8
Thanked 138 Times in 92 Posts
Default Re: Some good news: Decastro Running Again

I've liked the oline efforts under the circumstances. Yes Adams, needs a spare to help him out, but Gilbert doesn't. Colon is getting better inside. Legursky is a very solid inside replacement. And Starks is probably the best low paid vet in the league. Pass protecting has been good to very good. If and DeCastro gets back and replaces Foster, the run game becomes really good. Hopefully just in time for a 5 or 6 game win streak to end the season and reach the playoffs, which is what it is gonna take.
dreegking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:35 PM   #8
Steeldude
Living Legend
 
Steeldude's Avatar
Default Re: Some good news: Decastro Running Again

I doubt DeCastro plays this year.
__________________
Kordell Stewart + Starting QB Spot = 0
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:05 PM   #9
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter
 
Hawaii 5-0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Aloha State
Posts: 8,349
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24013
Thanks: 6,886
Thanked 9,262 Times in 3,959 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: Some good news: Decastro Running Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
I doubt DeCastro plays this year.

I think he does, from everything I've read his recovery is well on track and he can start practicing after Week 8.
__________________
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #10
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod
 
Fire Arians's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 9,637
Member Number: 16570
Thanks: 1,461
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,288 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Some good news: Decastro Running Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
I think he does, from everything I've read his recovery is well on track and he can start practicing after Week 8.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts