Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-06-2006, 06:18 PM   #21
Polamalu43
Team Captain

Member Number: 2665
Default Re: Bettis On Cowher's Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy
Arizona is a bad place for sports, there's no doubt about that. I'm here because this where the Air Force sent me. Know a little about someone before you make personal attacks next time.
Hey jeremy its not a personal attack on you bro, its an attack on the city actually since u said basically that the LA fans suck, I kinda take it persoanl when it comes down 2 that.. U would not know about the rivalry between LA and SD,SF,AZ since u aint from around here. Sorry if u took it the wrong way.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack lambert
Polamalu43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 06:21 PM   #22
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Arizona is a bad place for sports, there's no doubt about that. I'm here because this where the Air Force sent me. Know a little about someone before you make personal attacks next time.
So what.... you own one/all of those Arizona franchises then?

Maybe the forces are paying you too much!

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 06:24 PM   #23
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

There are a lot of front runner in LA and some of them have come out here to Arizona to live. I saw it myself after USC won their first national title. People who had been walking around in UCLA gear were all of a sudden USC fans. I saw more Clippers gear this winter than Lakers gear. LA is a lot like Miami. It's an international and cosmopolitan city. It doesn't have a real "blue collar" base to it which is where you find a lot of your support for pro sports teams. Putting a team in LA is a joke to me because the city doesn't even want one. The NFL is being forced to find the money to build a stadium for a team. That's what makes the thought of the NFL in LA a joke to me.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 06:32 PM   #24
Polamalu43
Team Captain

Member Number: 2665

Quote:
There are a lot of front runner in LA and some of them have come out here to Arizona to live. I saw it myself after USC won their first national title. People who had been walking around in UCLA gear were all of a sudden USC fans. I saw more Clippers gear this winter than Lakers gear. LA is a lot like Miami. It's an international and cosmopolitan city. It doesn't have a real "blue collar" base to it which is where you find a lot of your support for pro sports teams. Putting a team in LA is a joke to me because the city doesn't even want one. The NFL is being forced to find the money to build a stadium for a team. That's what makes the thought of the NFL in LA a joke to me.
Actually here in LA, we have 2 teams with die hard fans believe me. Its the LA dodgers and the LA lakers.. No matter what, win or loose the teams always have support from there fans.. Yeah actually its kinda true about LA does not need or want a NFL team, mainly because everybody here is an oakland raider fan.. But I heard today on some radio station here that the raiders are a serious contender 2 move back 2 LA,since it seems the city of oakland is not willing 2 help davis build a new stadium ...

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack lambert
Polamalu43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 06:38 PM   #25
Jeremy
Banned

Not much a surprise there. Oakland didn't want to help the A's either and they're actually winning.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:15 PM   #26
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
years because LA is the worst sports city in America.

I don't know, If Coach walks away I think he'll be done. He might do some clinics and some shows but it's hard to walk away for even 2 or 3 years and still have the touch.
LA will never have what Pittsburgh has in terms of fan base. Who does? Having lived in both markets I disagree about being the worst. LA just doesn't like to adopt outsider franchises moving in. The Raiders had some success because of the concentration of gang members (not joking but still funny) within 10 miles of the stadium. The Rams had an excellent following before Georgia disgracefully backstabbed them all.

USC and ucla also have enormous success.

The key for that town is venue. Like Staples Center. And any franchise there would have to be either brand new or the Reggie Saints. And I can see Eddie DeBartolo running the show. And perhaps Eddie wanting to give Cowher a 5% stake in ownership to help him get over the fact that he'll hate in there wouldn't be too farfetched...but then there is Pete Carroll who I think should stay in the NCAA.

I don't see Cowher in the NCAA.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:32 PM   #27
Jeremy
Banned

And I can see Eddie DeBartolo running the show.

Cool......we can see a real life version of The Last Boyscout.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:33 AM   #28
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku_Dirtt
But that was when there was no one suitable to replace Cowher. This is uncharted territory. Whiz is becoming a guy who looks to be harder to replace the more Ben develops.

Cowher's stamp on this organization is complete. And that won't go away next season because it is ingrained in the leadership - of course three years down the road who knows. Whiz is getting his HC job somewhere.

Can we afford to lose him?
No, we can't afford to lose him, but if you have the opportunity to retain one of the top coaches in the league, it's a risk I'm willing to take. Besides, we don't even know if Whiz would be a good HC anyway - lots of great coordinators have made lousy head coaches. Dick LeBeau, Mike Mularkey and Marty Mornhinweg are three names that come to mind.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:34 AM   #29
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polamalu43
Actually we are gonna get a NFL team here in LA.. Why does everybody always hate on LA? Jealous? Maybe. And IMO AZ is the worst place for sports.. Cards suck.diamond backs suck,the suns suck, ASU sucks,Arizona sucks lol and the list goes on ...
Actually you're both wrong - Atlanta has the worst sports fans in America, and have been voted as such.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:22 AM   #30
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Sooooooooo.........how much does Cowher get paid and where does that rank him amongst NFL coaches?

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote