Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #11
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321
Default Re: How Todd Haley and Big Ben are getting along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
You can deny it all you want but I think it's pretty obvious that there seems to be a conflict of interest between Ben and Haley and that's reflected in the level of play.
We're scoring 3 pts more per game than last year, Ben's QB rating is 10 points higher than last year, and Ben's been sacked and hit far less than last year.

Haley's effect on the offense has been nothing but positive so far.

Last edited by maddog78; 10-19-2012 at 09:13 AM.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:30 AM   #12
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
We're scoring 3 pts more per game than last year, Ben's QB rating is 10 points higher than last year, and Ben's been sacked and hit far less than last year.

Haley's effect on the offense has been nothing but positive so far.
Ah yes, when faced with reality, trot out the STATISTICS (insert angelic choir voices here).

Here's a stat: The top two team in each division (with the exception of maybe three teams) have offenses that have outscored ours by twenty points or more so far.
Hell, even Tampa Bay has scored more points than we have!

If you really believe that our offense is operating at anything even close to what it's potential is, then you must believe in the tooth fairy. Ben may be "doing his job" and some of the new schemes may be bolstering his personal numbers a bit, but there's no harmony here right now and a 2-3 record tends to support that thinking.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #13
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
Ah yes, when faced with reality, trot out the STATISTICS (insert angelic choir voices here).

Here's a stat: The top two team in each division (with the exception of maybe three teams) have offenses that have outscored ours by twenty points or more so far.
Hell, even Tampa Bay has scored more points than we have!

If you really believe that our offense is operating at anything even close to what it's potential is, then you must believe in the tooth fairy. Ben may be "doing his job" and some of the new schemes may be bolstering his personal numbers a bit, but there's no harmony here right now and a 2-3 record tends to support that thinking.
What reality? Your opinion? You wrote "I think" seven times and cited no facts, just suppositions and hypotheses based on the fact that you don't see Haley and Ben chatting it up on the sidelines for the maybe 2 minutes of coverage the sidelines gets during a 3.5 hour broadcast. Complete and utter bullocks.

And, um, do you realize that the teams that have outscored us by twenty points have played one more game?

The 2-3 record is largely on the defense, who can't hold fourth quarter leads and is giving up 25 points a game despite the offense ranking #2 in time of possession. I would argue the offense is overachieving given the crappy nature of the OL and the injury situation.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #14
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,844 Times in 2,098 Posts

statistics are real! one can mourn the loss of arians all they want but the botton line is steelers PPG has gone UP- #FACT!

the proof is in the pudding. regardless of how a fat blogger feels sitting in his basement in his underwear feels in terms of them "getting along"...

better than arians!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #15
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 14,150 Times in 5,964 Posts

BB is the best in the league on third downs: like 73% completion rate. Similarly, PITT's third down conversion rate is the best in the league. And, I forget which game, but BB wasn't sacked in a game for the first time in nearly five years.

If Wallace doesn't drop, AB doesn't fumble, and Cotchery doesn't fall, BB has (at least) three more TDs... and two more wins.

I'd say that Haley is having a great affect on BB.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #16
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,844 Times in 2,098 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
BB is the best in the league on third downs: like 73% completion rate. Similarly, PITT's third down conversion rate is the best in the league. And, I forget which game, but BB wasn't sacked in a game for the first time in nearly five years.

"Thats your opinion. Fact is, Ben was twice as better on third downs and completion percentage last year under Arians. Infact there are plenty of games where Ben was sacked -1 (negative) times. I think Bruce was a GREAT coach, therefore stats dont matter."

getting back to reality... steelers had more losses last season under arians (5 including playoffs), than they have this year under haley (3).
Old 10-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #17
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

It is a fact that the offense is better without Arians, getting rid of him was the best thing we could have done this off-season, but it's also a fact that we are mediocre. We are 17th in points, so while I'm glad we got rid of Arians, I'd like to see A LOT more. Too much talent on this offense for 17th.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #18
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,110 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
Too much talent on this offense for 17th.
When healthy - the starting running back is banged up again and 3 out of the 5 starting offensive linemen ae hurt - OL once again is a mess, which has to hurt production
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #19
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
When healthy - the starting running back is banged up again and 3 out of the 5 starting offensive linemen ae hurt - OL once again is a mess, which has to hurt production
This. Without Mendy, we don't have a starter-capable RB. The line was average to start with, it's poor with everyone hurt.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #20
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
What reality? Your opinion? You wrote "I think" seven times and cited no facts, just suppositions and hypotheses based on the fact that you don't see Haley and Ben chatting it up on the sidelines for the maybe 2 minutes of coverage the sidelines gets during a 3.5 hour broadcast. Complete and utter bullocks.

And, um, do you realize that the teams that have outscored us by twenty points have played one more game?

The 2-3 record is largely on the defense, who can't hold fourth quarter leads and is giving up 25 points a game despite the offense ranking #2 in time of possession. I would argue the offense is overachieving given the crappy nature of the OL and the injury situation.
Yes, that's my opinion.

Just as anything you have to say would be YOUR opinion.

That's all this board is -- a bunch of OPINIONS.

I am entitled to express whatever opinion I may have and you are just as entitled to agree or disagree with it as you see fit.
There are no experts here and no one here is currently playing for the Steelers nor is anyone affiliated with the Steelers other than as a fan.
So no one here "knows" any more than I or anyone else does about what may or may not REALLY be happening inside the Steelers locker room.

So whatever anyone here says,it's ALL opinion and nothing more.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote