Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #31
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,436 Times in 4,022 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: How Todd Haley and Big Ben are getting along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
we also have a more stable O-line
Really?
Old 10-19-2012, 05:03 PM   #32
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,808 Times in 2,684 Posts

Quote:
I watch whenever Ben comes to the sideline and I watch his overall body language and the way he talks with Haley and I think it's pretty obvious that he tolerates him as much as he has to but that's about it.

When BA was here, it was quite different. It was more like watching two close friends or even a father and son (like BA is doing now with Luck in Indy) and I think that's what Ben misses. Whether that means anything as far as field production goes is anyone's guess, but speculative or not, I think the article points out something that I believe is true.
BA and Ben being "father and son" may be spot on - "Dad" was willing to let his "son" never do his homework and run around all night as long as the "son" always cried when the child support agency tried to take him away because "Dad" was not doing a good job of raising his "child" and ran the risk of getting him killed because "son" liked to play in traffic and "Dad" figured it was OK since his "son" was getting hit by cars a lot but had not been killed yet

We are not talking about Bill Walsh getting run out of Cincinnati by Paul Brown here - the offense was consistently mediocre and was based upon a style that literally was crippling the QB
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Atlanta Dan For This Useful Post:
Hawaii 5-0 (10-19-2012)
Old 10-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #33
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,564 Times in 2,369 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

no they're not, they're plotting to assassinate eachother as we speak! ben and haley get along, that's nonsense!!!!11 matter of fact, ben is begging to get traded to indy so he can be with his buddy arians again!
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #34
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
Really?
Yes, really.

Do you remember last year?
Ben was basically introducing himself to his linemen each week.

I know we're a little banged up now, but it's hardly as bad as it was last year.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #35
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
BA and Ben being "father and son" may be spot on - "Dad" was willing to let his "son" never do his homework and run around all night as long as the "son" always cried when the child support agency tried to take him away because "Dad" was not doing a good job of raising his "child" and ran the risk of getting him killed because "son" liked to play in traffic and "Dad" figured it was OK since his "son" was getting hit by cars a lot but had not been killed yet

We are not talking about Bill Walsh getting run out of Cincinnati by Paul Brown here - the offense was consistently mediocre and was based upon a style that literally was crippling the QB
And Ben was playing in traffic because the fence that was supposed to keep him safe in his yard kept falling apart week after week.

The fence is more stable now and it's not the old rotted one we had last year. Granted, there are still a few slats missing, but not enough to allow Ben out onto the road unless he deliberately tries to run around it.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:56 PM   #36
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Slightly off topic but I think a lot of fans see what they wan't to see. BA was hated so much around here by a few that no matter what happens this years offense is better. Thats what they wan't to see. Ben has been playing great, not making as many mistakes, but they have much less big plays and the running game is averaging 3 yards a carry. It is early, but at this point not a big increase in productivity. Big difference is the aging D rebounded last year after getting trounced by the Ratbirds, I don't see how they turn it around with all the injuries. Offense is going to have to score more and be more aggressive kind of like the Pats did in years past. Their offense was on the field running out the clock instead of D making stops like Steelers of old.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:42 PM   #37
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,436 Times in 4,022 Posts
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Yes, really.

Do you remember last year?
Ben was basically introducing himself to his linemen each week.

I know we're a little banged up now, but it's hardly as bad as it was last year.
I know we used 25 different OL combinations last year, but we are on our way to surpassing that mark this year. we may have the same guys starting the game, but they never all finish the game together.

we've had Marcus Gilbert play LT and RT, Mike Adams at LT and RT, Ramon Foster at RG and RT and Doug Legursky at C, LG and RG...
Old 10-19-2012, 10:22 PM   #38
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
Really?
We have the appearance of one. Know why? Because Haley has convinced Ben to not be a hero every play. Singles are better than strikeouts going for the home run.

Also, designed screens. How many of those did we run with Arians?

Ben is playing smarter and it shows, both in production and in his health. Philly sacked him 9 times and hit him 2x that last time we played them with Arians, in a Super Bowl year no less.

They barely touched him two weeks ago.

The problem with this team is on defense, not offense. If we were three points worse than the 14 PPG we gave up our last SB year, we'd be 5-0, not 3-2. This defense does not have to be great, just average. So far, they're just bad.

Don't give me 4th in yards per game - that's because they're on the field less than only one other team in the league.

25 PPG allowed is unacceptable.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maddog78 For This Useful Post:
EbonySteel86 (10-20-2012), SC7 (10-21-2012)
Old 10-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #39
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
What reality? Your opinion? You wrote "I think" seven times and cited no facts, just suppositions and hypotheses based on the fact that you don't see Haley and Ben chatting it up on the sidelines for the maybe 2 minutes of coverage the sidelines gets during a 3.5 hour broadcast. Complete and utter bullocks.

And, um, do you realize that the teams that have outscored us by twenty points have played one more game?

The 2-3 record is largely on the defense, who can't hold fourth quarter leads and is giving up 25 points a game despite the offense ranking #2 in time of possession. I would argue the offense is overachieving given the crappy nature of the OL and the injury situation.
FanSince has already established in numerous threads that his opinion is reality, everything else is a distraction.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:32 AM   #40
EbonySteel86
Team Captain

Member Number: 20340

If Ike didn't suck so bad, we would be 5-0. Nothing wring with this offence that a few healthier bodies can't fix. Keep doing what u doing Haley, I got your back!
EbonySteel86 is online now   Reply With Quote