Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 08-06-2006, 01:57 PM   #11
SteelerMurf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2064
Default Re: barret brooks arrest last night

Being he is a backup who was probably going to be cut in favor of Willie C....I don't see this as being a distraction.

But there will be some good come out of this.....a shorter leesh for the rest of camp.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:29 PM   #12
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by floodcitygirl
I just don't get why these guys would risk blowing such an opportunity when it's obviously taken work and commitment to get that far. Doesn't he know that these aren't the Bengals that he's dealing with???
excellent point...he is obviously an on the bubble player...if your going to end your NFL career..do it with dignaity, getting beat out in a fair contest...not in doing something so stupid!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 02:31 PM   #13
Polamalu43
Team Captain

Member Number: 2665

i don't get what goes through these guys heads man, why end your NFL career like this..

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack lambert
Polamalu43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 02:32 PM   #14
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19ward86
does barret brookes even play during the season i know he doesnt start but is he like third string?
he plays in goalline situations...or rather...played in goaline situations
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 02:46 PM   #15
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertLunatic
This is great news for the Steelers! Before this incident, Brooks was most likely going to be cut. Now that he's in trouble with the law, his stock has risen. Look for the Bengals to offer a 3rd round pick for him.
Very very funny.

After seeing his pic from the Trib the other day we weren't talking about a cut...it was the whole side of beef with the trimmings.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 03:05 PM   #16
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Police arrested Steelers offensive lineman Barrett Brooks on the South Side on charges of eluding and fleeing the police.

Brooks was allegedly driving erratically at around 2:30 a.m. on the 1700-block of Carson Street, running multiple stop signs.

Brooks has a minor incident in which he laid his motorcycle down. He then allegedly tried to get back on the motorcycle and leave the scene when he was arrested.

He was tested for driving under the influence. Police say Brooks was under the legal limit.
What the hell is it with these modern day athletes? Some of them act like they've taken too many hits to the head. He obviously wasn't going to be nabbed for a DUI, so why try to run from the police? When a cop tells you to stop, you freakin' stop - common sense 101 here. No one, even those who think their status in life demands special treatment, is above the law!!!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 07:05 PM   #17
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth
he plays in goalline situations...or rather...played in goaline situations

Barrett Brooks's False Start Penalty against the Patriots last year took the Steelers out of Field Goal Range.....three points that proved to be costly.

I totally agree that he needs to be cut immediately and made an example of.
Barrett should turn in his Superbowl Ring and hit the road.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 04:34 AM   #18
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal
What the hell is it with these modern day athletes? Some of them act like they've taken too many hits to the head. He obviously wasn't going to be nabbed for a DUI, so why try to run from the police? When a cop tells you to stop, you freakin' stop - common sense 101 here. No one, even those who think their status in life demands special treatment, is above the law!!!
Right on girl. And even if he did demand special treatment the police would not know that they were pulling over such a "significant individual" until after he had STOPPED! When he decided to try to run he gave up ANY chance that he had to receive a professional courtesy warning.

Police Officers across America may want to try a different tactic when dealing with troubled-professional athletes. BLOW YOUR FRICKING WHISTLE! That seems to be the only device capable of registering a signal in the brains of these athletes. I would discourage throwing a yellow handkerchief. Those things are dangerous! That would probably get you shoved to the ground along with a civil lawsuit being filed against you when the athlete claims that he was "partially blinded" by the dangerous handkerchief. As they say, "It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye". I would also suggest that every wife/girlfriend of a troubled-professional athlete buy themselves a whistle. It may save them from a beating someday.

Last edited by Steel Pit; 08-07-2006 at 04:48 AM.
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:26 AM   #19
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

This is just going to destroy team chemistry...I don't see them getting more than 4 wins this season with these kind of distractions. I mean, a backup getting arrested is a major blow to the team. Oh wait, we're talking about the Steelers, not the Bengals...since it's the Steelers, they will take it as a wake-up call and go on a 19-0 Super Bowl run. lol

Cut him and move along, nothing to see here.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 05:15 PM   #20
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

Since the Steelers are in Training Camp I would assume there is a team curfew and bedcheck up at Latrobe???
Even if not it's nice to see Barrett still has enough extra energy to be out and about at 2:30am.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote