Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-19-2012, 07:19 AM   #171
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,155 Times in 480 Posts
Default Re: Oh, I love this Wallace quote....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Do you have any idea how hard it is to make that kind of catch while being hit? This Mike Wallace hate is getting unreal. We didn't lose because of Mike Wallace - we lost because our offense played like shit. As a complete unit, the offense played like total garbage. Dropped balls, bad throws, poor offensive line play and suspect playcalling lead to a loss.

Who could have seen that coming?
You point out the "dropped balls, bad throws, poor offensive line play and suspect play-calling that led to a loss" but you want to give Mike Wallace the benefit of the doubt? You DO know he fumbled in our own end that resulted in a Ravens FG, right?

How many points did we lose by again?
Old 11-19-2012, 07:42 AM   #172
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Do you have any idea how hard it is to make that kind of catch while being hit? This Mike Wallace hate is getting unreal. We didn't lose because of Mike Wallace - we lost because our offense played like shit. As a complete unit, the offense played like total garbage. Dropped balls, bad throws, poor offensive line play and suspect playcalling lead to a loss.

I understand your point - but other high-profile receivers in this league DO make catches like that, even when hit. They also put forth a much, much better effort (for example on the pass late in the game that Wallace didn't even try to catch).

Certainly the loss wasn't Wallace's fault and i think the "hate" on Wallace may a bit overboard.
But is clear : Brown is the better guy to have out there - and Wallace just isn't one of the league's best. He's a very good player. But i wouldn't go anywhere beyond that.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TRH For This Useful Post:
plenewken (11-19-2012)
Old 11-19-2012, 08:07 AM   #173
ColoradoSteelerFan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1660
Default Re: The official Mike Wallace sucks thread

His crappy effort is hurting the Steelers but in the end he is really hurting himself far more. He knows the Steelers aren't going to be interested in keeping him, so each week is really a tryout for other teams. As we have seen...dude is worth about 1/2 what he wants...and even at that the team that gives him it will probably be paying too much.

We can only hope he helps more than he hurts the rest of the way and then happily slam the door on him at the end of the season.
ColoradoSteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:12 AM   #174
ColoradoSteelerFan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1660

Quote:

True...but the fumble was pathetic...which lead to 3 pts...and remind me again what they lost by?

Obviously the entire offense must be blamed more than just Wallace. But, big time players step up in games like that and, once again, Wallace failed to...and actually helped aid the losing effort.
ColoradoSteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:23 AM   #175
beer72
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3508

I'm still a huge Wallace fan and supporter... Yea he made some mistakes last night...but the biggest mistake was Tomlin not doing a QB change..Huge mistake lefty was clearly hurt
beer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #176
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

As others have said, Wallace is a solid WR, a good #2 option, but that's about it. The fumble was bad, but it's hard to tell if he failed to secure it, or if he didn't have time to do so. Watching the play again I can't really tell if he ever even had total control.

The pass at his feet...yea, he should have at least went to the ground for it. In that situation you have to. If he had, I still doubt he could have caught it. At least it would keep it out of the arguments, though. I honestly wouldn't offer him more than 5 mil a year. I'd make Sanders the same offer at this point.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #177
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

What happened to Wallace? A couple years ago he was awesome... defenses could not stop him. Now he's going through the motions...he's not the same WR that is for sure.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #178
Stairway to 7
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24340

Tired of him, he's lazy and he plays scared. He won't fight for the ball, he won't reach out and get it either, if the pass is not perfect he drops it too often.

To me he's done what a lot of kids do, they fight to get somewhere, then they arrive, and their true colors come out, he's a guy that wants to be paid and slack off, no way I pay him. If you give this guy a big contract, he will disappear.

He isn't the same receiver because in his mind his job is done, he made himself a starter, and now he wants to get paid. That's all he's in football for.

Watch him play, he's trying to look after himself, that's all it's about with him, he wants to avoid contact if at all possible, and get paid. That's it.
Stairway to 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #179
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

We should check the archives of topics to see which people on this board wanted to give Wallace big bucks not so long ago.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #180
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,671 Times in 2,413 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

he's now Mike "Alligator Arms" Wallace
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote