Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-22-2012, 09:36 AM   #31
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,954 Times in 2,345 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: The official Mike Wallace sucks thread

if I had Mike's ear I'd tell him he has two options:

A. Give 50% effort and act like a chump, don't get paid - get shipped off, and potentially never sniff another Super Bowl appearance

B. Lose the attitude and play like you want it, and maybe the Steelers might keep you and maybe you might get a "solid" contract. You don't see Wes Welker going half-ass

I really thought he would have gone from really stupid to at least mildly dumb after he was out maneuvered with the contract situation, at least did a solid job where you could count on his hands when thrown his way (and I'm excluding the low percentage deep throws to give him the benefit of the doubt - even though that really has been his "forte" since he has been here)

Look at last night's game and watch AB make something out of nothing with his effort. Then look at Mike Wallace's effort and body language. It is night and day. And it isn't just about last night's game. It is indeed a trend.

Don't let one catch here and one TD catch every other game fool you - if he shows up like that at home this coming game, I'd rather see Cotchery in there at this point. You're going to see a shift in how Ds prepare for Steelers, and they will focus in on AB more and more. Don't give me "this is a dink and dunk offense now so they aren't throwing it him like they used to." Who cares how they throw it to him, he isn't coming up with it no matter what.

I'VE GOT SOME YOUTHFUL ADJUSTMENTS FOR 'DAT AZZ
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #32
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
if I had Mike's ear I'd tell him he has two options:

A. Give 50% effort and act like a chump, don't get paid - get shipped off, and potentially never sniff another Super Bowl appearance

B. Lose the attitude and play like you want it, and maybe the Steelers might keep you and maybe you might get a "solid" contract. You don't see Wes Welker going half-ass

I really thought he would have gone from really stupid to at least mildly dumb after he was out maneuvered with the contract situation, at least did a solid job where you could count on his hands when thrown his way (and I'm excluding the low percentage deep throws to give him the benefit of the doubt - even though that really has been his "forte" since he has been here)

Look at last night's game and watch AB make something out of nothing with his effort. Then look at Mike Wallace's effort and body language. It is night and day. And it isn't just about last night's game. It is indeed a trend.

Don't let one catch here and one TD catch every other game fool you - if he shows up like that at home this coming game, I'd rather see Cotchery in there at this point. You're going to see a shift in how Ds prepare for Steelers, and they will focus in on AB more and more. Don't give me "this is a dink and dunk offense now so they aren't throwing it him like they used to." Who cares how they throw it to him, he isn't coming up with it no matter what.

The coaches should be able to see what kind of attitude Mike shows up with. Hell, you can see it clearly on TV when he's in the "loaf" mode.
It's almost as if Tomlin needs to embarrass him during a game. Do the 'ol Billy Martin trick. Put him out on the field. Call a time-out (too bad we didn't have one to waste)....and pull him off and put Crotchery in.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TRH For This Useful Post:
WVABE (10-22-2012)
Old 10-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #33
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,499 Times in 3,736 Posts

His contract situation has gotten into his head - he was lucky to hold on to the catch on the last drive and is undependable

Whatever team pays franchise WR $$$$ to Wallace next year (and someone will) is taking a big risk
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #34
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

If the Steelers have already made up their mind on this guy, he might just end up taking 6- 7 mil a year for another AFC contender. The more I think about it, the more I see him with the Texans or Bengals - who don't really have a legitimate number 2.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:49 AM   #35
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

The only thing Mike Wallace has going for him is his straight line speed and he's relying on that to get him places. You know what they say about players who rely too much on their athleticism instead of fine-tuning their craft, they don't last long. Once that Speed is gone, Wallace is done.

Wallace's pass-catching, route running, and technique is subpar, and that's on a good day.

Mike is well on his way to being a very average player from here on out.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #36
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

and if he catches 1 long bomb or 1 TD catch or both next week, the Wallace apologists will be back on here saying - "why would you want to get rid of one of the best threats in the league de derp and Brown will be doubled more da toe"

He has played just as well as Santana Moss - and our 4th produced just as much as he did last night. I'm serious - Cotchery catches almost everything thrown his way and that is after sitting for long stretches of time. I wouldn't wait another entire game if the drops continue. He is in fact entering the Tomlin's dog house realm and not soon enough.

"But he is on par for another 1000 yard season." Yea, and in 2009, the Steelers had a 1000 yard rusher and two 1000 yard receivers, and the T_E_A_M stunk. Wallace is making a nice middle of the road resume.

Show up or ship out Mr. 66 yards per game.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #37
jiminpa
Team Captain

Member Number: 20511

Um, when was the last time Wallace outran anyone? He is still drawing double coverage because of how fast he used to be. He's not getting the ball deep because he's rarely open. Yeah, a little more film on him and he won't be drawing that double coverage anymore. I'd rather see Sanders and Cotchery out there. They catch the ball and make plays, and like Brown you have to give them cushion because they will fake you out of your jock and roll on down the field.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #38
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,499 Times in 3,736 Posts

This quote shows Wallace's attitude and why the Steelers are not going to pay him #1 receiver $$$$

Wide receiver Mike Wallace channeled Limas Sweed in dropping four passes, including a deflected throw in the end zone.

"Iíve made a lot of plays for my team," said Wallace, who had eight catches for 52 yards. "You canít be good every week. Sometimes you have an off weekend. It was one of those for me."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...teelers-mantra

You can't be good every week but you expect to be paid as if you are good every week?
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:03 PM   #39
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

I'd like to think the look on Tomlin's face is directed towards Wallace.

Where's the "I'm going for 2000 yards" attitude? Now he has settled for "Derp not gonna be good every week de tweetely I've made some plays durpy dumb."

Old 10-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #40
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
This quote shows Wallace's attitude and why the Steelers are not going to pay him #1 receiver $$$$

Wide receiver Mike Wallace channeled Limas Sweed in dropping four passes, including a deflected throw in the end zone.

"Iíve made a lot of plays for my team," said Wallace, who had eight catches for 52 yards. "You canít be good every week. Sometimes you have an off weekend. It was one of those for me."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...teelers-mantra

You can't be good every week but you expect to be paid as if you are good every week?

Larry Fitzgerald would never say that. Hell, Antonio Brown would never say that.
Just sayin'..........
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote