Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 10-22-2012, 12:19 AM   #11
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 18219
Default Re: Nice win, but who has nightmares about versing RG3 next weekend?

seems like theres a lot of new yorkers on here steeler nation sure stretches far, I wonder what there is more of in new york more steelers fans or more homosexuals. (steelers fans that are homosexuals do not count as they would cancel each other out anyways)( p.s I am not a bigot, just a thought.) I highly doubt there have been any surverys conducted on this the world may never know.... im thinking more homosexuals but idk I do see lots of steelers apparel as I walk down the street, then again not all homosexuals wear purple sunglasses with star frames....

Last edited by BlaZeQuietly; 10-22-2012 at 12:21 AM. Reason: sp
BlaZeQuietly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:43 AM   #12
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk

I watch RG3 every week (I live in Skins territory). The dude is legit. He always makes a play when they need him to and has been ridiculously clutch. I have seen some rookie mistakes but not nearly as many as I would have expected from any rookie. I thought Cam Newton was amazing for a rookie last year but I think RG3 is on a whole different level.

Our defense looked better today but I'm not sure how well we'll be able to contain him. He really has looked like Michael Vick without the mistakes. I can tell you for sure if their offense struggles at all it will be the fault of the receivers, Alfred Morris is a wrecking ball and RG3 doesn't make many bad throws. Their receivers have been the only thing holding them back from being a top offense, so maybe our secondary will be able to handle the challenge. Their OLine isn't anything special either so hopefully we can get more pressure than we did against Dalton tonight.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:14 AM   #13
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,056 Times in 557 Posts

Running Qb's have never fared well against us. I know he can throw well, but the skins have a worse receiving corp then the Bengals and we handled them pretty well.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:32 AM   #14
ggoldman
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14758

I expect a lot of Lawrence Timmons rushing RG3, like he did vs Vick
ggoldman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:38 AM   #15
WVABE
Team Captain

3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Member Number: 24111

I believe next weekend will be a nail biter and decided on the final play of the game.

RG3, that dude is quick.
WVABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:27 AM   #16
EbonySteel86
Team Captain

Member Number: 20340

I live in the DMV area and RGIII is legit! He's Vick in his prime, but a waaaay better passer.....that'd freaking scary! Timmons and company need to get on their horse to shut that dude down. This is a game where we really gonna need Troy.
EbonySteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:43 AM   #17
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentGold007 View Post
Lol, "versing RG3"? .... But anyway, RG3 hasn't done enough in this league for me to have nightmares about him. I feel good about this match-up.
You should have just heard Mike and Mike and Ron Jaworski slobbering over him for ten minutes. This is like the fifth or sixth guy who's going to "change the way the position is played" over the past fifteen years.

Last edited by maddog78; 10-22-2012 at 08:01 AM.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #18
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,822 Times in 1,836 Posts
My Mood: Fine

yea, and "Jaws" makes a living out of living through other players - he was an average at best QB so has to make up for it with his mouth. I don't know why I continue to listen to "I studied over 53 hours of tape this week, and what I saw was a QB that derp de derp de tweetly toe . . ."

Ugh

I do enjoy Mike and Mike though just because they make fun of each other and themselves, without egos being a part of it - ala Phil Simms, who is one degrading s.o.b (think Showtime's program)

This is a game where they can get the yucky Tebow game taste out of my mouth by minimizing his influence on the outcome. Timmons cannot be his usual 1/8 of a step too late - the margin of error in bringing down RGIII is extremely small. And you can't just say "we'll keep him in the pocket" - as stated, he has a rocket for an arm and is pretty poised for a rookie.

Upon further review, Santana Moss and Mike Wallace played on the same level yesterday lol

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:12 AM   #19
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Haven't seen the kid play yet, but was listening to someone on sports radio yesterday who said that Shanahan was doing a masterful job with him, keeping him clean with easy throws. It's mostly underneath coverage - dumpoffs, short passes, screens, etc. He's also got a nice deep ball.

Not a lot of stuff over the middle, down the sidelines, etc.

DL needs to try to take this short stuff away. The worst thing the Steelers can do against someone who can only complete short passes is to allow him to complete his short passes.

This has the potential to be a big win for the Steelers, or a frustrating loss as we turn this kid into an even bigger legend by "tackling the catch".
Old 10-23-2012, 07:13 AM   #20
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Also, they run a read option and he takes shots just before he pitches. This is where Timmons and Clark have to lay the wood early and often. Send the message that if he wants to run that crap, he's going to get his bell rung.