Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-22-2012, 10:49 AM   #31
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Game 6 gameball- Bungles post game discussion thread...

[QUOTE=tony hipchest;1040222]please try to keep all random thoughts about the game contained in asingle thread dedicated to random thoughts about the game.

special team returns are an absolute disaster. i am almost convinced we should start fair catching everything to avoid constant loss of yards due to penalties.[/QUOTE]

I'm all the way in on this one. They are killing our games. We can barely have one runback without a stupid penalty. Just fair catch the damn thing or let the ball go in the end zone until it gets fixed. Its at a point thats absolutely absurd.
This is where coaching is important. Special team coaching needs to LAY THE HAMMER down and do it now. It's unacceptable. The coaches job should be on the line at this point. Its that bad.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #32
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,087 Times in 2,618 Posts

shoot, we already fired mount everest in the pre-season for poor returns. theres really no one else to fire. amos jones may be in over his head.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:33 AM   #33
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,094 Times in 3,894 Posts

I do have one tiny, tiny complaint about the offense last night. If Chris Rainey is going to be getting more carries (something I'm all for) please let him take outside handoffs and make someone miss. He doesn't have the size or physicality to run it up the middle. Granted, his touchdown run was up the middle, but he has the potential to be such an explosive player when he gets in space, and up the middle isn't using taking advantage of his skills.

The offense did really have a good game last night and should've been a blowout if Wallace could snag a ball. Maybe he needs to borrow some of that San Diego stick'um.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #34
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,444 Times in 1,635 Posts
My Mood: Fine

when you can see the lane gaps 3 seconds before the returner gets the ball, there is a discipline problem. nothing much else they can do coach wise except chew them out

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #35
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,683 Times in 2,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
Brown is an incredible force out there
Agreed - You would think Brown was the one in his contract year playing to get a big contract and Wallace was the one who just signed for a big payday based on which player is dispalying max effort every play and which one is drifting along with no focus

I thought the Steelers signing Brown right after Wallace failed to report was a panic move, but I guess the Steelers have a clue when deciding which players they want to keep
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #36
lardlad
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10897

Game ball goes to the ground attack. Dwyer was awesome but so was Colon and Legursky, Adams did well for himself too. All around, winning the LOS and dwyer running hard was so good to see them close out a game.

Also what a great job the D did in the second half, 3 or so 3-outs in the 4th. They helped close it out too.

You know looking at the score, doesn't tell the whole story. Might be the most complete game they've played this year. Special teams is still having troubles and Wallace has got to get himself back on track.
lardlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:43 PM   #37
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620

I'll admit that I was po-ed at Wallace for dropping two of those three passes. The third one was batted at the last second and those are hard to hang on to. So I give him a pass on that one. You all realize he did catch EIGHT FREAKING PASSES don't you? He dropped three and caught eight. That is a pretty good percentage. So lay off bagging on him so much. He contributed to the win as much as anyone else.

I give my game ball to Keenan Lewis. He is starting to round into shape and showing why he deserves to be one of the starting CBs. I know Brown and Heath did a good job but we got some good play from our defense once the first quarter was over. And a KUDOS to Woodley for hanging onto that ball that came off the helmet. That was not an easy ball to haul in.

I will admit I was a little concerned with Legursky at Center but he did a good job of holding his own. He is the reason we lost one game when a player came right through him to block a punt that cost us the game. So I am glad he had a good game.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #38
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
I'll admit that I was po-ed at Wallace for dropping two of those three passes. The third one was batted at the last second and those are hard to hang on to. So I give him a pass on that one. You all realize he did catch EIGHT FREAKING PASSES don't you? He dropped three and caught eight. That is a pretty good percentage. So lay off bagging on him so much. He contributed to the win as much as anyone else.

Yes, as much as anyone. Except Brown. oh, and Miller outperformed him. But anyone else. Wait...not Dwyer, either. Oh, and let's not forget Rainey. You see the trend here? Wallace wants a paycheck equal to ALL THOSE OTHER GUYS COMBINED. You don't get a pass on dropping easy TD catches when you think you're supposed to be the top payed WR in the entire league. Sorry. Especially so when the loafing doesn't stop there. he's been taking plays off the entire season, and the last half of last season, too.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:38 PM   #39
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post

I give my game ball to Keenan Lewis. He is starting to round into shape and showing why he deserves to be one of the starting CBs. I know Brown and Heath did a good job but we got some good play from our defense once the first quarter was over. And a KUDOS to Woodley for hanging onto that ball that came off the helmet. That was not an easy ball to haul in.

I will admit I was a little concerned with Legursky at Center but he did a good job of holding his own. He is the reason we lost one game when a player came right through him to block a punt that cost us the game. So I am glad he had a good game.

I also thought Lewis deserves props. In the last few games, he's played very well.....could we be seeing him morph into an excellents starter right before our eyes?

Woodley : i also had given him props for catching that. He was both focused and paying attention. That same ball hits our DB's in the numbers and falls to the ground.

As for Wallace : not so much. In all honesty, those other passes he DID catch were fairly easy, short throws. You would have to have hands of stone to drop those. The other couple that he dropped were big time throws that would have went for big yardage.
Gotta catch those, Mike. Not the way to play on the heels of wanting to sign a huge contract.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:12 PM   #40
FrancoLambert
Head Coach

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,481 Times in 775 Posts
My Mood: Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
did you take note of how many times he was double teamed, put in a choke hold, or ridden to the ground? that'll take about 35% of an edge off.
There is no such thing as "holding Harrison." I am completely convinced of this game after game, year after year.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote